• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Aspec Rust on paint?

tajensen11

First Name
Trace
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT White/Black
First post after getting my 24 Integra Aspec 6MT on Black Friday. Have done a lot to it (at least it seems) and did my first detail today. I noticed a bit of rust inside the front passenger door sill that I’m concerned about. I live in Phoenix and has only been in the rain once since I got the car. I first noticed it installing the black OEM side skirts but that seemed to wipe off and wasn’t as bad. This I’m having more trouble getting off. Anyone else had this happen and advice on next steps? TIA

IMG_2976.jpeg

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Hard to tell from just the picture but I've had something similar (not nearly as bad though) on my Civic.

Turned out it was brake dust that had really clung to the back bumper which is plastic so it couldn't have rusted.

There are iron remover detailing products, maybe try that??? It's in board so not ure how the paint would have chipped, it could also be a defect.

Personally my plan of action would be using an iron cleaner and then going tothe dealer if it's not 100% removed.

Omega

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
Agree with what Silver said about the iron remover. You can also try to clay that area and can find that on Amazon or a detailing shop.

OP
OP

tajensen11

First Name
Trace
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you both, I’ll pick up a bottle of iron remover and give it a shot!

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
White is notorious for these showing up albeit I haven't seen it that apparent before. The iron particles get stuck in the clear coat since it is porous. After you use the iron remover, do a detail with either ceramic wax or a ceramic coat and that should fill the pores (for some time, not permanently) to prevent reoccurance.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 Integra A-Spec Tech
That sure looks like rail dust from shipping the car on a train. My friend's new white Accord had those spots all over it too and it turned out to be rail dust. We used Mequiar's Ultimate wheel cleaner that dissolves brake dust and it removed the rust stains without damaging the paint. You spray it on the spots, wait for the product to turn purple, rinse it off, clay bar and then wax/coat the paint.

OP
OP

tajensen11

First Name
Trace
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That sure looks like rail dust from shipping the car on a train. My friend's new white Accord had those spots all over it too and it turned out to be rail dust. We used Mequiar's Ultimate wheel cleaner that dissolves brake dust and it removed the rust stains without damaging the paint. You spray it on the spots, wait for the product to turn purple, rinse it off, clay bar and then wax/coat the paint.
Very interesting! Thanks for the add.