• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hood fitment issues, panel gaps, wheel defect, paint chip, clear coat issue

OP
OP
Incursion

Incursion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I think it's there for the defroster. It's pretty janky lol!

rjvdas

First Name
Richi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Do you mind checking the paint around your tailights? At least 3 ITS’ from my dealership including mine have chipping underneath them…

IMG_0603.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
I have LCM/Red with a 6/23 production sticker that I bought off the showroom floor in August. I thought I was meticulous when checking the vehicle at the dealership before purchase, but my PPF installer noticed a few areas when I took it in.

The driver side bumper by the driver headlight seemed like it had popped off/out. The panel sat in front of the headlight instead of being recessed. I informed the dealership, and after the car was filmed, I brought it back. The tech was simply able to push/pop it back in with some pressure applied. But more recently, I noticed that the passenger side headlight/bumper gap seems to be larger than driver side gap--maybe even enlarging over time. I have a front black A mark waiting to be installed and I may pull the bumper off myself to do it and to take a look at the bumper alignment.

Also, my PPF installer pointed out how the hood was not aligned--the midline crease on the hood didn't line up with the midline crease on the bumper.

JBTypeS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
My bumper is misaligned. The car came with the accessory front led symbol and blacked out TypeS badges. So not sure if the misalignment was from the factory or after the accessory installation from the dealership. Also the gap front the hood to the bumper is inconsistent.
IMG_4318.jpeg

IMG_4319.jpeg

TC_Columbus

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 integra Type S
Sorry, but a little dose of reality here as it relates to auto manufacturing. Every manufacturer has issues, regardless of the price point. Yes, some are worse than others. Yes, some are better than others.

For many years now, I have had my hands on thousands of cars, mostly at the high-end. I have seen just about everything, and I rarely get surprised at what I see on a regular basis. It doesn't matter if it's $100k, $500k, or $1M+...they all have some kind of issues.

Pretty common issues: Mis-aligned panels / gaps, ill-fitting trim pieces, drips / runs in clearcoat, headlight / taillight fitment issues, scratches, chips, dents, dirt nibs in paint, sanding marks, burned edges, holograms, etc. This is everything from our Acuras to Benz, Corvettes, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, etc. Don't even get me started on Tesla...

The key is having a degree of reasonability, and not expecting an "absolutely perfect car". Sure, if a panel has popped out, trim is falling off, or a bumper is badly misaligned, then speak with the dealer to have it fixed. But if you see a little "something" here or there, I'd recommend driving it and enjoying it.

I noticed on a customer's LaFerrari that where the hood was opening, the edges of it were rubbing against another panel, and causing the paint to literally come off (not to mention several burns in the paint). The owner shrugged, and said: "I guess a million dollars doesn't buy you what it used to...".

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
My bumper is misaligned. The car came with the accessory front led symbol and blacked out TypeS badges. So not sure if the misalignment was from the factory or after the accessory installation from the dealership. Also the gap front the hood to the bumper is inconsistent.
IMG_4318.jpeg

IMG_4319.jpeg
I backed out of my order when the car arrived I saw the terrible fit and finish on the white car.The paint mismatch shown here is awful just like on the car I had ordered.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
There might've been a worse misalignment from the factory, but the dealership removed the bumper to install the badges and reinstalled it misaligned--I'd schedule an appointment to have them reinstall it.

If they do the install carefully, they can line the bumper up just fine.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Sorry, but a little dose of reality here as it relates to auto manufacturing. Every manufacturer has issues, regardless of the price point. Yes, some are worse than others. Yes, some are better than others.

For many years now, I have had my hands on thousands of cars, mostly at the high-end. I have seen just about everything, and I rarely get surprised at what I see on a regular basis. It doesn't matter if it's $100k, $500k, or $1M+...they all have some kind of issues.

Pretty common issues: Mis-aligned panels / gaps, ill-fitting trim pieces, drips / runs in clearcoat, headlight / taillight fitment issues, scratches, chips, dents, dirt nibs in paint, sanding marks, burned edges, holograms, etc. This is everything from our Acuras to Benz, Corvettes, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, etc. Don't even get me started on Tesla...

The key is having a degree of reasonability, and not expecting an "absolutely perfect car". Sure, if a panel has popped out, trim is falling off, or a bumper is badly misaligned, then speak with the dealer to have it fixed. But if you see a little "something" here or there, I'd recommend driving it and enjoying it.

I noticed on a customer's LaFerrari that where the hood was opening, the edges of it were rubbing against another panel, and causing the paint to literally come off (not to mention several burns in the paint). The owner shrugged, and said: "I guess a million dollars doesn't buy you what it used to...".
I fully agree with this, and if I had to guess I think I'm replying to a pro detailer. Just a guess.

In any case though, I 100% agree, and my 718 had horrible holograms when it was delivered. Nothing an orbital buffer couldn't deal with, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be shocked to find something like that, with expectations set for a six-figure sports car.

I think the big problem with the ITS is that many pieces are painted separately, so the colors are prone to being mismatched. This is really, really apparent with the white cars especially, and almost equally with Tiger Eye. I want to say that it is actually more likely to have a white car with mismatched panels than not... and it legitimately did turn me off to the white, full stop.

But most of the gripes I see on here are things I'd consider livable. I've also been known to cite how the ITS can nearly do no wrong in my eyes, providing the driving experience it does at its price point and practicality features. Overall though, I do sincerely hope these little aesthetic gremlins aren't enough to deter folks from enjoying these cars to the fullest.

TC_Columbus

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 integra Type S
Yes, you could say that I'm a pro detailer.

As for the color issues, it's not that they're painted separately, it's the issue of the different substrates that they are going on. With the exact same processes, the plastic parts come out a little differently. Many manufacturers (and body shops) struggle with this, but it's always been prevalent with Honda.

Even on my red Type S, I can easily notice a difference in the color between the bumpers and the body panels. After seeing it as much as I have, and spending quite a bit of time observing and consulting on factory production lines, I simply accept it as being "is what it is".

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yes, you could say that I'm a pro detailer.

As for the color issues, it's not that they're painted separately, it's the issue of the different substrates that they are going on. With the exact same processes, the plastic parts come out a little differently. Many manufacturers (and body shops) struggle with this, but it's always been prevalent with Honda.

Even on my red Type S, I can easily notice a difference in the color between the bumpers and the body panels. After seeing it as much as I have, and spending quite a bit of time observing and consulting on factory production lines, I simply accept it as being "is what it is".
This makes sense... but how do other manufacturers avoid the same pitfalls? My aforementioned 718 had the hologram issues that could easily be attributed to something happening between when it was painted in Zuffenhausen and when it arrived at my dealer in Maryland... but I can honestly say I have yet to see an obvious case of color mismatch on any new Porsche. I just figured after watching the Savagegeese factory walkthrough and seeing the painted bumpers being attached as part of the assembly process (actually I think this was in the CTR review...), that was the main issue.

Ultimately though for me, it doesn't matter too much, as my car (also in PRP) is nearly perfect to my eyes. I tried to look for flaws and found none, even after applying my own DIY coating (I chose AMMO Reflex Pro, original formula because I had some left over from a previous car...). I found maybe two extremely minor imperfections, everything else to me makes me feel like I won the damn lottery with this thing. The only way I'd ever replace it is god forbid something happen to it, or maybe just maybe I'll consider a PMC edition if that becomes applicable to the ITS and I can get one without getting fleeced.

Very interested now in your background; I've spent a fair amount of time watching Larry Kosilla's YouTube (AMMO NYC), and have been fascinated by people who as you say "get their hands on" some of the finest automobiles ever built, and it's their JOB lol. Not a bad way to make a living, for sure, especially considering your colorful car history. I wish I had the level of patience and attention to detail (i.e., talent) that top tier detailers/auto body guys have... I'll be very interested in any detailing tips or tricks you'd be willing to share moving forward, and it helps that we have the same color too.