• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hood fitment issues, panel gaps, wheel defect, paint chip, clear coat issue

Incursion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I just picked up my car on Thursday and noticed several issues. Unfortunately, the only issue that will likely be covered under warranty is the wheel issue.

Be on the lookout for the panel gaps. My friend's ITS has them as well, and a black one that I saw at my local dealer today had the same issues with the crooked hood and passenger-side headlight/bumper gap.

Driver-side hood edge is slightly lower:
PXL_20231110_145355124~2.jpg

Passenger-side hood edge is slightly higher, also note the tiny paint chip at the edge of the quarter panel, which will be zoomed in on a picture further below:
PXL_20231110_145203410.jpg

Dimple in the wheel:
PXL_20231109_230526144.jpg

Driver-side headlight gap to compare with wider gap for the passenger-side below:
PXL_20231109_221224282.jpg

Passenger-side panel gap:
PXL_20231109_221217639.jpg

Some sort of nick in the clear, possibly seeding:
PXL_20231109_221101623.jpg

Close-up of the paint chip on the passenger-side front quarter panel:
PXL_20231109_221051130.jpg

Last edited:

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Ugh, that all looks horrible. the gap under the passenger headlight is probably the worst. So far none of that on my car. what a bummer, hope you get it mostly sorted. They should be able to get the hood aligned better, maybe even adjust the left headlight?

OP
OP
Incursion

Incursion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Unfortunately, my local dealer said none of it will be warrantied except maybe the wheel. I kind of screwed myself by buying it from out of state. What color is your car?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I have the LCM. I took a close look at it last night, with a flashlight and I have a hood that's gap is wider on the driver side, and a similar gap under the passenger headlight. Ignorance is bliss. I never noticed because the bottom edge of the headlight is black, and the space that's there is black, and the bumper is somewhat dark. I can't unsee it now!!! LOL.

Oh well, I'm going to try not to dwell on it and just enjoy the car. Almost nothing in life is truly perfect, right?

OP
OP
Incursion

Incursion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I have the LCM. I took a close look at it last night, with a flashlight and I have a hood that's gap is wider on the driver side, and a similar gap under the passenger headlight. Ignorance is bliss. I never noticed because the bottom edge of the headlight is black, and the space that's there is black, and the bumper is somewhat dark. I can't unsee it now!!! LOL.

Oh well, I'm going to try not to dwell on it and just enjoy the car. Almost nothing in life is truly perfect, right?
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/what-has-been-seen-cannot-be-unseen

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
I also have white and none of those issues.

Are there any accessories installed?

OP
OP
Incursion

Incursion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Just the copper wheels, titanium shifter, and ResistAll. Do you mind posting pics of your car?

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I was going to ask as well if the dealership installed any accessories like the front A. A guy on here works at an Acura shop and stated he would NOT allow them to even wash his ITS. Lol

OP
OP
Incursion

Incursion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I asked the dealer not to PDI my GT4, but my ITS was already in the showroom when they contacted me about it.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I was going to ask as well if the dealership installed any accessories like the front A. A guy on here works at an Acura shop and stated he would NOT allow them to even wash his ITS. Lol
He also clarified that has more to do with his own desire to do everything himself... he was also a master mechanic for Acura and actually got into a bit off heat for his videos and has since moved on from the car, to all of our detriment because he would have provided top-tier content.

Anyway...

This sucks. This car must have been built the day after a late Browns home game.

But ultimately no one will notice unless they're looking for it, including you. Try to just enjoy the car.

OP
OP
Incursion

Incursion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
20231114_145223.jpg
Wow I just discovered another issue.

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
Something like the headlight gap doesn't bother me much, but I went to measure mine out of curiosity... 4.8mm on the passenger side, 3.5mm on the driver side.
My passenger side looks basically the same as your picture. Not really noticeable standing from a few feet away.

Where is that last picture from? Can't tell.

OP
OP
Incursion

Incursion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
It's the driver-side near the edge of the windshield.

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
On my car I can see that there's a cutout there if I lean over the windshield, but not if I'm standing next to the front wheel. To me it's alright.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
my car has a cut-out there too. A vent poerhaps. The skin of the dashboard is just cut a little cleaner there.