• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone had the paint issue with the bronze wheels?

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I was at my local acura dealership this weekend talking to them about random stuff, the conversation turned to the bronze wheels and the tech asked me if i had "the paint issue" with my set of bronze wheels. i hadn't heard about any issue and he said basically (some of) the bronze have been coming out where some of the spots (like between the spokes where they make a 'V' around the center hub) had basically been missed during the painting process, and that they were having to ship them back to acura to be re-painted, and that you basically can't even order them right now

just wondering if anyone has experienced this, as my bronze wheels are on a tire rack sittin cozy in their tire duffels, waiting for warmer weather.. i suppose i should go check them, but i don't remember seeing anything wrong with them when i first got the car

bdisco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘21 Bronco, ‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘88 911
I noticed when I swapped over to my Continental DSWs to the stock gun metal Honda Enkeis the bronze was just on the face of the wheel and the barrel faded to a silver gray. For the price they are asking it should be bronze all the way through.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I noticed when I swapped over to my Continental DSWs to the stock gun metal Honda Enkeis the bronze was just on the face of the wheel and the barrel faded to a silver gray. For the price they are asking it should be bronze all the way through.
Just a thought, I could be full of shit, but this is my logic while thinking about why it would be like that.

My conclusion is that they fade it to no paint to prevent chipping of the paint and making sure you have the most secure fixing of the wheels. Technically it shouldn't but if you pinch a thick coat of paint with the nuts, it might eventually chip off taking a bigger more visible chunk with it. When that happens and when it crumbles away, you now have nuts that are backed off not holding the wheel as securely.

I'll have to check my Enkei PF-01s, see if they're bare around the nut, but I don't think they have paint in the first place.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The OEM gray wheels also fade to almost no paint as you go deeper into the barrel. Also, no paint right around the area where the lug nuts screw down.