• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Ordering" a specific configuration?

Lekna

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TSX
Does anyone know how Acura dealerships "Order" a specific configuration?

I've spoken with a bunch of dealerships over the past many months about a particular 6M A-Spec color combo (Silver/Ebony) that Acura seems to make relatively few of compared to other colors. Or at least they have shipped few into my state. I've been told different things from everyone I've spoken with about putting down a deposit and their ability to get me the vehicle. The standard line seems to be "put down a deposit and I can order it for you."

My sense from the research I've done is following. Does anyone know how accurate (or inaccurate) the below is? I've cobbled this limited understanding together from different sources.

Each Acura dealership is located within a geographic region. The US is divided up into four regions. A dealership within a region can see the production schedule roughly 4-weeks out for those vehicles that will be produced and shipped into their region. If they see a targeted vehicle scheduled to be produced and allocated to another dealership, they can contact that dealership and try to horse-trade for it. A dealership within one region cannot see the production / shipment schedule of another region and can thus only horse-trade within their region.

Is this close to accurate? I figure if I (or anyone else looking to buy) understands how things work, I'll be less likely to get gamed as I continue my journey to find the configuration I'm looking for.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
In 2018 we ordered a specific RDX. It was the first year of a new design. I dealt with a very good dealer, Mungenast in ST. Louis. They estimated how long it would take and they were very close.

IMO, since you are not looking for an allocation car, you should have a quickish turnaround. It would be different if you wanted a Type-S which could be harder to get. Good luck finding a good dealer, I think Acura gives awards to dealers, and an awarded dealer probably will be more trustworthy.

It was different with my Integra because I ordered early. But still felt I got decent information as we got closer to 06/22.

Cinca

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Any updates on this Mike?

I am in a similar situation (see my similar post) but with an Type.

I did see on the Savage Geese ITS YouTube video that the Acura plant produces different color options in batches. Not sure if it's int+ext combinations or just exterior paint -- but it sounds like they will do a couple dozen (hundred?) in BLACK then they move on to do BLUE, then WHITE, etc. So if you are looking specifically for SILVER then there might not be many around until they get to producing new batch of that color.

If either of us discover anything it might be helpful to one another...

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Any updates on this Mike?

I am in a similar situation (see my similar post) but with an Type.

I did see on the Savage Geese ITS YouTube video that the Acura plant produces different color options in batches. Not sure if it's int+ext combinations or just exterior paint -- but it sounds like they will do a couple dozen (hundred?) in BLACK then they move on to do BLUE, then WHITE, etc. So if you are looking specifically for SILVER then there might not be many around until they get to producing new batch of that color.

If either of us discover anything it might be helpful to one another...
More info on the color batches can be found here.
https://www.integraforums.com/forum...or-each-color-scheme-on-integra-type-s.51284/