• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordering Integra Type S

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
A little background. I’m a huge fan of Honda manual transmission cars. I recently sold my 2004 Accord EX with 225,000 miles. I still have my 2004 RSX Type S with 180,000 miles. In early 2020, I tried to buy the Accord Sport 2.0 only to learn that Honda had cancelled the manual transmission with no announcement. By the time I found out, they were all gone. Even dealers I contacted weren’t aware. Since I only buy new cars with manual transmissions, I thought my years of driving Hondas were coming to an end.

Then last year the new Integra was announced and I’ve been watching from afar expecting a Type S to be announced. That day has finally come.

Yesterday I went to my local Acura dealer for the first time. I was surprised how many Integras were on the lot (almost 10). It was great to see many of them in the 6 speed manual. I asked the salesman about putting my name on the list for a Type S. He didn’t know what I was talking about. Had no idea it had been announced. He asked me if I wanted to test drive one of their Integras and I said sure.

I was actually blown away by how nice the car was inside and outside. My most recent Honda experience is with 2004 models. It’s so great to see Honda/Acura still making amazing cars with amazing ergonomics. And great manual transmissions.

After the test drive, I again asked to be put on the list for a Type S. The salesman went to talk to his manager. A few minutes later the manager came over. He told me they could put me on a list, but he doesn’t know if they will get one. He said Acura will only make 300 and he expects the mark up to be $15k - $20k. I told him they will be making more than 300, I won’t pay for a mark up, and I’d still like to be on the list. They took my name and number and said I’m the first person who has asked about it.

I’m always surprised at how uneducated some dealers are. Actually, I’m sure he was playing dumb trying to get me to buy the car I just drove. I know the initial launch may be only 300 cars and there may be a mark up. But soon after there will be dealers selling at MSRP.

Anyway, has anyone else tried putting their name on the list at their local dealer?

I will reach out to other dealers as well.
My dealer put me on the list says 200 will ship, 50 each of 4 colors at first, and she wasn't sure which colors or interiors combinations would be available.
She did say on May 11th they will get pricing info and from there instructions and a date for allocations beginning in mid to early June.
Ashe said once they know if they are getting any I can leave a deposit if I want a shot at one of the first that arrive.
I'm going to wait.
I think once the dust settles from these first few hundred and cars start flowing from Maryville Ohio there is a better chance we wont see shortages like the Type R, hopefully.
She also said they haven't ever marked any models up in the past and have no plans to do so for the Type S but we shall see if they even get any of the initial allocations.

I'm not ready to buy anyway, I have been saving every paycheck for the past 3.5 months toward my new car, But I also have to pay for my truck that has been in the shop for a month now and income taxes from last year, at least the money I saved up will cover both and leave me starting over, so for me, I wont be ready with what I would like to have down on the car until the middle or end of December.
So, I am just going to watch what happens and not worry too much about it.