• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM/E DE5
I don't care about a sunroof.. a panoramic roof would be cool and premium but not worth the added weight. I need the 5 seats and not sure how that would change anything.
Disclosure, this is all theoretical and I'm not an engineer. Because the Type R only has 4 seats, it has a lower load capacity, meaning the car can be engineered to carry less weight. If the car had 5 seats it'd have a higher load capacity (as the other Civics do). In order to keep the same performance but carry more weight, they'd likely have to raise spring weights and make the chassis stiffer. So heavier and stiffer. I really wish Honda would give an explanation tho.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I understand itā€™s personal, but IMO the exterior of the TLX is better than the current Integra . I donā€™t care for the current front/rear fasciaā€™s of the Integra, they just look too basic/simple. The TLX also has a better presence with wider front and rear fenders.

Having said that, the Type S has the wider fenders, and I like the renders of the front and rear fasciaā€™s, but weā€™ll need to see what the actual design will look like.

The interior is what it is. I know the Integra will use lower quality materials than the TLX does, but thatā€™s to be expected with the TLX being a more premium vehicle.

The better usability of the Integra is the big draw for me (bask seat, hatch, smaller external dimensions), and the addition of the K20C helps alleviate the lack of performance present with the base Integra.
Agreed, if you like styling thatā€™s more on the sharp/aggressive side then the base Integra is less appealing than the TLXā€¦ ITS, at least from the renders, is even more aggressive better proportioned than the TLX IMO.

It wouldnā€™t take much for Acura to step up the interior. They could pull a few things from the TLX Type S like the flat bottom wheel, add some aluminum bits and ditch the piano black plastic. Hopefully theyā€™ll make a reasonable effort to make the ITS feel like a step up on the inside.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Ya, but I donā€™t want THAT oneā€¦ I want THIS oneā€¦. šŸ˜œ
1679618155540.jpeg
Yeah, it's played out but I still like a flat bottomed steering wheel. :D

I'd be shocked if the ITS just gets a Civic steering wheel with an Acura badge. It's not like it's hard to change the steering wheel.

Also I'd love to see alcantara inserts/leather bolstered seats, I just don't want it on the steering wheel.

ITS is getting a heads-up display right? I love that in the Focus, but only cause I'm in Taiwan where you have to know the speed limit at all times cause of all the speed cameras. I don't care about it in the US.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Also please please please , for the love of GODā€¦.. no mousepad from the 90ā€™s.
Lol. Pretty sure we're not getting that. I would like the new accord's infotainment system

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Iā€™d be 99% sure weā€™re getting the same carry over from current integraā€¦
Oh I know. Just wishing

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Iā€™d be 99% sure weā€™re getting the same carry over from current integraā€¦
I'm 100% sure. No way they would spend the r&d $ to re-engineer anything on a current model just for an additional trim level.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Subaru Forester X Premium
I'm 100% sure. No way they would spend the r&d $ to re-engineer anything on a current model just for an additional trim level.
I do remember seeing a post on Reddit, one of the spy shots, that seemed to show a larger infotainment screen with a smaller bezel.

Screenshot_20230325-071421.png

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I do remember seeing a post on Reddit, one of the spy shots, that seemed to show a larger infotainment screen with a smaller bezel.

I have 2 points against your theory:

1. That photo quality is akin to a Bigfoot sighting.
2. The rear glass has a tendency to elongate objects horizontally. I'm used to it now, but when I first got the car I noticed everything behind me was wider than it actually is.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Subaru Forester X Premium
I have 2 points against your theory:

1. That photo quality is akin to a Bigfoot sighting.
2. The rear glass has a tendency to elongate objects horizontally. I'm used to it now, but when I first got the car I noticed everything behind me was wider than it actually is.
1. Agreed.
2. Seems like a stretch (pun intended).

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Oh interesting. More importantly have you seen any spy shots confirming 4 or 5 passenger?