• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The ITS gave up the digital dash for the better exhaust. ;)
I'm coming to the conclusion that Honda mishmashed so many interchangeable parts between the Type-R and Type-S to drum up aftermarket activity or rivalry--you'll have Type-R owners trying to get the Type-S exhaust, and Type-S owners trying to get the Type-R seats and gauge software. Things may get swapped in later years, but pleasing everyone is impossible.

For what it's worth, I think the Type-R and Type-S with all the same guts (seats, gauges, exhaust) but each with its unique body and the Type-R in manual and Type-S in 10-speed auto would've made a lot of sense, but I'm just a guy.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I think they could've done something really cool in the analog department--they really hyped the notch in the liftback being taken from the past Integras, an analog gauge similar to the Type-R or RSX Type-S (blasphemy, I know) would've gotten some of us excited. That said, I was personally relieved it didn't get the TLX's red on silver gauges. ThrottleHouse made it sound like it was hard to read in the TLX Type-S, but I haven't seen it in person myself.
Having owned my TLX for 6 months, and driven it in a variety of lighting conditions, I haven’t had any issues with the visibility of the gauges during the day.

The bonus is that at night, they look killer (especially with the red ambient lighting).

Also, you can set the digital screen to display your speed digitally, and the Integra will have a HUD so it gets displayed on the windshield as well.

I don’t know, I think outside of Audi/VW’s virtual cockpit implementation of their digital gauge cluster, other manufacture’s implementation is really lacking (except the CTR’s R+ mode, which looks really cool. But the ITS doesn’t get that…)

radius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CRV, Lexus NX
I think they could've done something really cool in the analog department--they really hyped the notch in the liftback being taken from the past Integras, an analog gauge similar to the Type-R or RSX Type-S (blasphemy, I know) would've gotten some of us excited. That said, I was personally relieved it didn't get the TLX's red on silver gauges.
I'm curious what you are envisioning. In my old RSX-S, the gauges were red on silver too. I've never seen the TLX interior in real life but I imagine they are pretty similar.

They weren't hard to read because in the day time, they weren't illuminated and at night you only saw the red and not really the gauge faces. I assume they were slightly lower contrast than white on black but it was definitely good enough.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm curious what you are envisioning. In my old RSX-S, the gauges were red on silver too. I've never seen the TLX interior in real life but I imagine they are pretty similar.

They weren't hard to read because in the day time, they weren't illuminated and at night you only saw the red and not really the gauge faces. I assume they were slightly lower contrast than white on black but it was definitely good enough.
I thought the RSX-S gauges were darkish grey/red on white, I didn't realize it was actually silver--I do like that look, I think I'd have trouble reading the illuminated red on silver gauges in the TLX, but then again, with so much of the key info displayed on the HUD or the digital screen in the middle, the analog gauges are likely secondary.

radius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CRV, Lexus NX
I thought the RSX-S gauges were darkish grey/red on white, I didn't realize it was actually silver--I do like that look, I think I'd have trouble reading the illuminated red on silver gauges in the TLX, but then again, with so much of the key info displayed on the HUD or the digital screen in the middle, the analog gauges are likely secondary.
Ah you made me look online and maybe it depends on the country and exact model year... But in any case, I was originally worried that twilight would be difficult, but I never had difficulty with the contrast, and I have shitty vision.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I feel like the same exhaust will come to the Type R and the gauges will come to the ITS in the next update. Knowing car makers, they always hold back something to they can entice people to buy the new update.
I’m betting it won’t come to the type r just because the FL5 is a global car. The US is a lot more lax about exhaust volume than Europe is, so the Integra can pull it off as a North America exclusive.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I’m betting it won’t come to the type r just because the FL5 is a global car. The US is a lot more lax about exhaust volume than Europe is, so the Integra can pull it off as a North America exclusive.
euro has gas particulate filters that mute the exhaust but says nothing about pops and bang. All the M, Porsche and even the new Ferrari SUV have super loud exhausts with pops and bangs.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
euro has gas particulate filters that mute the exhaust but says nothing about pops and bang. All the M, Porsche and even the new Ferrari SUV have super loud exhausts with pops and bangs.
I wonder if the catalytic converter is different for the pops and bangs. Thought this was rough on those components. I want an aftermarket down pipe with a high flow cat but if this cat is different..

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I wonder if the catalytic converter is different for the pops and bangs. Thought this was rough on those components. I want an aftermarket down pipe with a high flow cat but if this cat is different..
i believe manufactors avoid this by saying, use offroad only.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!