• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
TLX-S with 355HP and SH-AWD is what 54K ? more of a true luxury sports car
has to have some decent separation from its own sibling.

Plus ITS being built in US is a reduction in costs.

Motor1 is speculating a $45K price tag for whats it worth.

https://www.motor1.com/news/658098/acura-integra-type-s-debuts-next-month/
The hotter Integra could start at around $45,000, but we might not know the official starting price until just before it goes on sale.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
TLX-S with 355HP and SH-AWD is what 54K ? more of a true luxury sports car
has to have some decent separation from its own sibling.

Plus ITS being built in US is a reduction in costs.

Motor1 is speculating a $45K price tag for whats it worth.

https://www.motor1.com/news/658098/acura-integra-type-s-debuts-next-month/
I found this line in their article a little misleading: The most expensive non-Type S 2023 Integra can reach just over $46,000. Yes if you add every single appearance and accessories options that are possible. More realistic top of the line A-Spec with Technology pack is actually around $38k, which would be more representative if they want to compare the none Type-S to Type-S gap.

4 cyli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si , 2004 Rsx Type S
So far im really liking the looks from what we’ve seen. I’d like the flares to be molded but the stick on look doesn’t bother me. I’m thinking about trading in my 11th Gen Si for this if I can scoop one for MSRP. Im just wondering how possible that will be as I’ve heard this might be a more limited model compared to the FL5 to keep it more competitive between the two. I think the type s will look really good with the wide body in black!

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
So far im really liking the looks from what we’ve seen. I’d like the flares to be molded but the stick on look doesn’t bother me. I’m thinking about trading in my 11th Gen Si for this if I can scoop one for MSRP. Im just wondering how possible that will be as I’ve heard this might be a more limited model compared to the FL5 to keep it more competitive between the two. I think the type s will look really good with the wide body in black!
Curious where you have heard the Type-S would be a more limited model? Everything I have read seem to indicate otherwise that ITS will be more widely available in time than Type-R. Especially with it been build in OH.

4 cyli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Curious where you have heard the Type-S would be a more limited model? Everything I have read seem to indicate otherwise that ITS will be more widely available in time than Type-R. Especially with it been build in OH.
In this podcast some of the guys at Serra Acura mentioned it around the 9:10 mark.

Last edited:

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Making this car any less limited than the type R and I’ll have to agree they made a mistake. The first one was never trying to option a manual in the TLX type s. I don’t care that they claim manual take rates are not great , because they don’t make enough , the dealers mark them up , and there’s not an abundance of new manuals left sitting to rot on the lots …. If there are I’ll have a discounted 911 w a manual that supposedly can’t sell please. Acura can make this right buy getting these cars out to everyone that will buy them.

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
I’d say the ITS will eventually become easy to acquire at MSRP. Acura has a 3 letter solution for limited models PMC.

4 cyli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’d say the ITS will eventually become easy to acquire at MSRP. Acura has a 3 letter solution for limited models PMC.
Acura did the nsx type s in a limited production run of 350. I truly don’t think anything that drastic will happen with the integra but I could see them producing less type s’ than type r’s in hope that when people can’t get an integra they run for a civic.

4 cyli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Making this car any less limited than the type R and I’ll have to agree they made a mistake. The first one was never trying to option a manual in the TLX type s. I don’t care that they claim manual take rates are not great , because they don’t make enough , the dealers mark them up , and there’s not an abundance of new manuals left sitting to rot on the lots …. If there are I’ll have a discounted 911 w a manual that supposedly can’t sell please. Acura can make this right buy getting these cars out to everyone that will buy them.
I would agree. If this car has a “more limited” production I would be very upset. I get there are times for limited production runs but I wish car makers would do things like back in the day and just let us order what we want and cars become “rare” because nobody ordered them not because the auto maker made them rare

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Ah ha! some details! Acura seems to have timed their info rollout better than Honda with the CTR. That seemed to drag out FOREVER or maybe i just watched it more closely. So far, i'm much more pleased with the ITS announcements. The exhaust seems a little more pop-crack compared to the CTR although I've only driven them really on the track, not around town at all.

I found this line in their article a little misleading: The most expensive non-Type S 2023 Integra can reach just over $46,000. Yes if you add every single appearance and accessories options that are possible. More realistic top of the line A-Spec with Technology pack is actually around $38k, which would be more representative if they want to compare the none Type-S to Type-S gap.
agreed ... weird.

Porsche and BMW are brands that i've followed pretty closely and it seems like by the time you add a few options to a lower trim, you're basically at the entrance point to the next higher trim (e.g. M340i becoms M3 pretty fast; 911 with a few options and some would prefer to get a base 911 S with the faster motor but fewer leather touch points, etc). I'm not quite sure that i see that same strategy working here because the Integra A/Tech already butts up against the TLX. The ITS is already going to be more than entry level TLX, so that makes me think we're looking at a $50k start point to put it closer to the TLX-S. The x-factor for me is what packages will be offered. A "stripper" version around $48,500 makes sense (cloth, no sunroof, meh wheels) but I don't know if they can justify going much lower and encroaching on CTR territory. More features in a more luxurious package doesn't seem like it could be only a couple $k more. However, the CTR is probably a more "iconic" and mainstream car so the ITS probably commands a lower price for those reasons. Time will tell .. we're getting close and i'm excited to see what happens. I just hope whatever they do they make plenty so we can stop fighting it out on waitlists and paying over sticker. This stuff is getting old.

And since no one asked:

Here is a list of options i'm hoping will exist. Adding all of it would get the car near TLX-S territory in my mind, but also make it a more special/enthusiast car:

- sunroof (i'd pass, save $ and easier to sit in with a helmet)
- CTR seats (not in red; standard seats would be toned down somewhat)
- higher end stereo (i'd consider it)
- leather (i prefer cloth - more racecar)
- optional wheels (depends)
- sports/valved exhaust ... haven't really heard any good ones for CTR but maybe?
- AWD and dual clutch transmission (jk)
- carbon fiber stuff here and there (i'd likely pass, although some black accents would be nice)
- suspension options (a GOOD fixed vs adjustable .. i'd probably go with the fixed unless the adjustable is magical)

few more weeks and we get some answers!

Matt

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS

yes! it seems like they've churned out a lot of integras ... i might have to go search and compare integras vs Sis.

I like the fenders on both the R and the S. Type R looks more integrated like a BMW M car and the Type S looks more AMG Black series.

1679323261724.png
heck of a garage you have, sir!

anyone going for the tiger eye paint? interesting but not really my flavor.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
yes! it seems like they've churned out a lot of integras ... i might have to go search and compare integras vs Sis.

heck of a garage you have, sir!

anyone going for the tiger eye paint? interesting but not really my flavor.
I might. I like the uniqueness of it. But I want red leather which isn’t a usual option with that exterior color on the other trims. So I keep going back to LCM with red or whatever other specialty colors they might offer. I wonder if they’d use the purple that’s on the MDX.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I might. I like the uniqueness of it. But I want red leather which isn’t a usual option with that exterior color on the other trims. So I keep going back to LCM with red or whatever other specialty colors they might offer. I wonder if they’d use the purple that’s on the MDX.
I considered the Tiger Eye Pearl after seeing it in the teaser--the two Type-S TLX's I've seen in the color looked great. I wasn't aware until yesterday that a red interior wasn't an option with a Tiger Eye exterior... and I do really want the red interior again.

I've got a deposit in on a "whatever is allocated first, color doesn't matter much".... but I think Platinum White or Majestic Black with Red might be my goal.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
I considered the Tiger Eye Pearl after seeing it in the teaser--the two Type-S TLX's I've seen in the color looked great. I wasn't aware until yesterday that a red interior wasn't an option with a Tiger Eye exterior... and I do really want the red interior again.

I've got a deposit in on a "whatever is allocated first, color doesn't matter much".... but I think Platinum White or Majestic Black with Red might be my goal.
Won’t the dealers get to put in specific orders? Or is it similar to the type r where they get allocated a random color?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Won’t the dealers get to put in specific orders? Or is it similar to the type r where they get allocated a random color?
Honda/Acura dealers can request particular color combos from the manufacturer, but fulfillment is at the will of the manufacturer. They're ultimately expected to sell whatever they receive. Even with the Integra reservation process last year, your reservation helped connect you to a dealership and told the dealership what to request from Acura, but it didn't necessarily guarantee Acura would fulfill that request, or prioritize fulfilling that request.