• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NO TUNE POWER ADDER?? HPS Charge pipes installed...

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Another install for my ITS.
This completes the intake side of the engine. (until PRL releases its HVI)
dyno session scheduled for Monday the 29th to see the difference in baseline numbers with intake side bolt-ons only.. (obviously the engine needs to exhale as well) but wanted to dyno each part but now I am stuck just doing the cold then hot side. so I dont expect to see anything of vlaue until the exhuast side is also completed.
(PRL intercooler, Titanium inlet and HPS Charge pipes)
below is the installation video for those interested in installing charge pipes.
HPS Claims 13 WHP and 10 ft/lb gain without tune on mobile app.. Dyno for just charge pipe shows about 10 and 10 in the 2023 type-R install..
almost 3 months and still waiting on TSP downpipe delivery.. :banghead:

rody26

First Name
Rody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
Do you know how the HPS Charge pipes compare to the PRL?

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At the time I ordered the HPS Charge pipes 2months ago. PRL did not have Charge pipes for the FL5/DE5.
They "PRL" have since debuted its availability "SHOULD" begin on feb 1st.
However, noted differences PRL states its cold side is larger and that is hot side is same diameter as stock which I measured is 2" internal hot side diameter. PRL Also only has aluminum top for cold side and ALL the other pieces are silicone. PRL KIT appears to use STOCK upper cold side mount which WILL make installation easier while HPS has custom mount but again small weight difference. (small)
HPS is 1/4 bigger on both hot AND cold side with dyno graphs from their website showing proven gains. Also, HPS are all aluminum with only silicone couplers.
I can tell you the difference in weight from my video, HPS is lighter due to the aluminum build instead of the stock rubber hoses.. curious to check the PRL weight with the silicone hoses. As the only real difference on the hot side is replacing a rubber hose with a silicone hose of the same size.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Does HPS stand for horsepowers?

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Looking forward to this! Thank you!

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Damn I should've waited. I got the Prl
At the time I ordered the HPS Charge pipes 2months ago. PRL did not have Charge pipes for the FL5/DE5.
They "PRL" have since debuted its availability "SHOULD" begin on feb 1st.
However, noted differences PRL states its cold side is larger and that is hot side is same diameter as stock which I measured is 2" internal hot side diameter. PRL Also only has aluminum top for cold side and ALL the other pieces are silicone. PRL KIT appears to use STOCK upper cold side mount which WILL make installation easier while HPS has custom mount but again small weight difference. (small)
HPS is 1/4 bigger on both hot AND cold side with dyno graphs from their website showing proven gains. Also, HPS are all aluminum with only silicone couplers.
I can tell you the difference in weight from my video, HPS is lighter due to the aluminum build instead of the stock rubber hoses.. curious to check the PRL weight with the silicone hoses. As the only real difference on the hot side is replacing a rubber hose with a silicone hose of the same size.
I'm curious about the weight too. I just got my prl charge pipe. What you just stated about the PRL Kit is true. It's all rubber hose with 1 aluminum piece

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@koatic - still scheduled for dyno today?
yes, had it done earlier.. She was Glowing.. :eek: Guess I need to proceed with the PTP turbo blanket order @bpebler recommended. (it will probably arrive before my downpipe I ordered almost 3 months ago now) Gonna get my clips together and create a little video tonight explaining all the details but YES the numbers went up..
1706566654291.png

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
yes, had it done earlier.. She was Glowing.. :eek: Guess I need to proceed with the PTP turbo blanket order @bpebler recommended. (it will probably arrive before my downpipe I ordered almost 3 months ago now) Gonna get my clips together and create a little video tonight explaining all the details but YES the numbers went up..
1706566654291.png
TSP DP?

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
1706566654291.png
Do you happen to have a digital thermometer by chance? I have a Milwaukee infrared thermometer that works well. I don’t need it for work anymore so it pretty much only gets used when we use the outdoor pizza stove slab. 😆

I should have taken readings prior to installing everything, but did not. If you could get some readings without the blankets, I can take some tomorrow after getting everything nice & hot & we can compare them to see the difference. I have the PTP turbo shield & the downpipe blanket as well on the silver cerakoted TSP Downpipe. Maybe we could compare downpipe area readings also & see how well the products actually perform.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango