• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NO TUNE POWER ADDER?? HPS Charge pipes installed...

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Do you happen to have a digital thermometer by chance? I have a Milwaukee infrared thermometer that works well. I don’t need it for work anymore so it pretty much only gets used when we use the outdoor pizza stove slab. 😆

I should have taken readings prior to installing everything, but did not. If you could get some readings without the blankets, I can take some tomorrow after getting everything nice & hot & we can compare them to see the difference. I have the PTP turbo shield & the downpipe blanket as well on the silver cerakoted TSP Downpipe. Maybe we could compare downpipe area readings also & see how well the products actually perform.
How is the ceramic coat holding up? Any cracks / flaking?

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Ceramic coating is good stuff. I had it on my rv6 dp and PRL downpipe. No crack or flaking. Color looks the same. Over 30k miles each. I had the pipes coated at a local shop

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I’m not sure exactly since it’s covered by the blanket also. I think the only way to install it is to wrap the down pipe before bolting on. And it was still kind of a pain.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
@koatic (& anyone else interested) - I took some readings just a bit ago.Think I’ll take some more in the daytime since the phone camera didn’t want to cooperate with the flash. Also for some reason, it was 69° in February pretty much in the middle of the country (about an hour west of St Louis, MO). 52° right now & just got back to the house around 8pm. February is usually our coldest month. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Stayed in Sport+ as usual & drove hard 20 minutes one way, about a 5 minute break to run into the farm store for some hardwood stove pellets, & another hard 20 minutes back. 100-110mph max on the highway & flooring it in 3rd to redline to pass a couple folks just a couple minutes out from the house. Tried to keep it nice & hot prior to taking temps - probably only 1 minute max of cool down time.

The highest reading I got on the actual steel flange of the turbo & down pipe in between the blankets was over 600°. Down pipe blanket readings in the 300’s. Turbo blanket readings around 150°. You can see that the blankets themselves seem to be doing some work to keep temps much lower!

IMG_1954.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1942.jpeg

IMG_1955.jpeg

IMG_1956.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1962.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
@bpebler
thanks for your detailed temp readings. Yes, I have a laser temp gun. I will try to reproduce similar drive and then temp readings for comparison. it will be a day or two as I have been laid up in bed sick.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
@bpebler
thanks for your detailed temp readings. Yes, I have a laser temp gun. I will try to reproduce similar drive and then temp readings for comparison. it will be a day or two as I have been laid up in bed sick.
Hope you get better soon man!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
For anyone reading and wondering, I installed PRL charge pipes last weekend and the process was basically the same. Great video @koatic !
When did you order your charge pipes? I bought the day they allowed preordering and am still waiting.
Also you left the front bumper cover on during the install?

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For anyone reading and wondering, I installed PRL charge pipes last weekend and the process was basically the same.
Were you able to notice the difference? I already had the intercooler installed but was able to feel the slight gain. thought it was in my head until I saw the dyno numbers. Curious to see numbers on the PRL charge pipes since they don't advertise any gains.

Removing the front bumper is not needed and will not get you easier access as the hot side charge pipe is behind the radiator. you will have to access hot side from bottom. (NOTE: HPS AND PRL charge pipes do not come with the intercooler connector. just the hoses/tubes)

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
When did you order your charge pipes? I bought the day they allowed preordering and am still waiting.
Good question! I installed a PRL intercooler at the same time, so the front bumper was off. I suppose it would be possible to leave the bumper on for the installation, but having direct access by removing the bumper is the route I'd take.

I pre-ordered my charge pipes from Two Step Performance a day or two after they offered a pre-order.

EDIT: looks like kaotic disagrees with my assessment lol – I'm not a great mechanic so I'd trust what he said if you're pretty handy. I still think removing the bumper would make it easier.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Were you able to notice the difference? I already had the intercooler installed but was able to feel the slight gain. thought it was in my head until I saw the dyno numbers. Curious to see numbers on the PRL charge pipes since they don't advertise any gains.
I definitely noticed, but it's because I installed the PRL intercooler at the same time

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SO I see PRL and TSP have updated the components in the kit..
The intercooler outlet piece (BOLDED BELOW) was NOT previously listed as a component and YES 100% that will require the bumper removal for that piece. HPS charge pipes use stock intercooler outlet.

Kit Includes:
  • (1) Cast Aluminum Intercooler Outlet Piece
  • (1) Aluminum Charge Pipe, Powdercoated Wrinkle-Black w/ fitting(s) to retain factory vacuum connection(s) & 1/8" NPT Auxiliary Service Port
  • (3) 4-ply silicone couplers
  • (6) 304 Stainless Steel Lined clamps
  • All hardware needed for install

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
The intercooler outlet piece (BOLDED BELOW) was NOT previously listed as a component and YES 100% that will require the bumper removal for that piece. HPS charge pipes use stock intercooler outlet.

Kit Includes:
  • (1) Aluminum Charge Pipe, Powdercoated Wrinkle-Black w/ fitting(s) to retain factory vacuum connection(s) & 1/8" NPT Auxiliary Service Port
I wasn’t going to argue but honestly leaving the bumper on didn’t make sense to me 😂

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Kit Includes:
I figured it would have to come off again knowing how I installed the intercooler. Just wasn't sure if there was a trick or not that I missed. I guess I'll get blacked out emblems and swap those while I'm in there one more time.