• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NO TUNE POWER ADDER?? HPS Charge pipes installed...

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
So is there any consensus on which option has more overall flow? I like not having to drop my bumper again going HPS, but willing to do it if the PRL has better specs. HPS doesn't have the black in stock anyway, so will have to wait a bit on either option.

Also, does either have a bung for meth already? Looks like HPS might?

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
So is there any consensus on which option has more overall flow? I like not having to drop my bumper again going HPS, but willing to do it if the PRL has better specs. HPS doesn't have the black in stock anyway, so will have to wait a bit on either option.

Also, does either have a bung for meth already? Looks like HPS might?
I haven’t looked fully into the HPS yet but one of the guys with the PRL charge pipes said it comes with a cast piece for the passenger side that mounts to the intercooler & $70 less.

I don’t think there will be any notice in useable gains between the 2. Both options will not stretch like the rubber oem ones will over time if pushed hard enough/tracking. To offer some perspective, D-Rob said he’s just going to wait until the rubber ones fail before upgrading bc there’s no point really other than being preemptive about it.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven’t looked fully into the HPS yet but one of the guys with the PRL charge pipes said it comes with a cast piece for the passenger side that mounts to the intercooler & $70 less.

I don’t think there will be any notice in useable gains between the 2. Both options will not stretch like the rubber oem ones will over time if pushed hard enough/tracking. To offer some perspective, D-Rob said he’s just going to wait until the rubber ones fail before upgrading bc there’s no point really other than being preemptive about it.
Yeah, was wondering if the new cold side elbow makes up for the smaller ID of the PRL. Probably doesn't matter, just trying to maximize gains before doing a turbo swap.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yeah, was wondering if the new cold side elbow makes up for the smaller ID of the PRL. Probably doesn't matter, just trying to maximize gains before doing a turbo swap.
I hear you there! I wonder if the intake options compliment the charge pipes the most. I suppose intercooler choice might be significantly as well. I think we have more limited options just at the moment compared to say the FK8 that seems to have more intercooler choices.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hear you there! I wonder if the intake options compliment the charge pipes the most. I suppose intercooler choice might be significantly as well. I think we have more limited options just at the moment compared to say the FK8 that seems to have more intercooler choices.
You see the new Wagner? It takes up the whole front of the car!

1707367469166.png

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
You see the new Wagner? It takes up the whole front of the car!

1707367469166.png
Is that top part still the intercooler & not the radiator?? It sure looks like it! If so…holy crap!

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is that top part still the intercooler & not the radiator?? It sure looks like it! If so…holy crap!
Yeah, it's massive. That said, no idea if it will fit on NA market cars with our crash bar. When I had my bumper off, I think I would have noticed that much free space! Might need to swap in a Euro beam, or it might require some extensive cutting to get it in there. Fine with the PRL but am jealous of anyone who can fit that beast in there.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yeah, it's massive. That said, no idea if it will fit on NA market cars with our crash bar. When I had my bumper off, I think I would have noticed that much free space! Might need to swap in a Euro beam, or it might require some extensive cutting to get it in there. Fine with the PRL but am jealous of anyone who can fit that beast in there.
Seems it would inhibit flow to the radiator pretty badly, though. That's been a concern even with some larger, more conventional ICs. It won't matter how low your IATs are if coolant / oil temps are too high.

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
@bpebler
Took a few days and to be honest I tried to get a good aggressive drive this past weekend and started feeling woozy.. But got a good aggressive drive in tonight with a lot of good pulls on full throttle in 4th during a 15 minute window. Ambient temp outside was 51 degrees tonight.
Measured temps below to compare, however because of the stock heatshields, obviously I could not get the flanges like you did but did get the top of the hot side of turbo (527), and the o2 sensor (393).. my radiator was alot warmer than yours at (166) amd at TIP (130) so it seems the blankets are help keeping the parts around it cooler for sure. IMO...

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG
IMG_2026.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG
rardasewfewf
IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_2023.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG
IMG_2024.JPG

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
@bpebler
Took a few days and to be honest I tried to get a good aggressive drive this past weekend and started feeling woozy.. But got a good aggressive drive in tonight with a lot of good pulls on full throttle in 4th during a 15 minute window. Ambient temp outside was 51 degrees tonight.
Measured temps below to compare, however because of the stock heatshields, obviously I could not get the flanges like you did but did get the top of the hot side of turbo (527), and the o2 sensor (393).. my radiator was alot warmer than yours at (166) amd at TIP (130)

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG
IMG_2026.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG
rardasewfewf
IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_2023.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG
IMG_2024.JPG
Awesome man!

Corey at Two Step took a couple readings with the new hybrid shield for the downpipe & it was way lower than my lava blanket.

IMG_2105.png

IMG_2104.png

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Corey at Two Step took a couple readings with the new hybrid shield for the downpipe & it was way lower than my lava blanket.
LOL, my turbo and downpipe blanket came in last week while I was sick.. I got both lava.. :rolleyes:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
LOL, my turbo and downpipe blanket came in last week while I was sick.. I got both lava.. :rolleyes:
Every bit helps for sure! This down pipe one he has isn’t even available yet but he shared it on the chat after I posted about it on the page.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Never would I have guessed that there would’ve been a 200° difference between the 2 types of blankets/shields. That’s crazy.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Pardon my ignorance but what does this mean? I'm leaning towards the HPS but how does it mate to the intercooler in that case?