• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Tires for A-Spec

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
i've noticed that the " stock " tires on the a-spec car are starting to wear down a little after 17k,
" i like to push them in the corners " can anyone give a some recommendations for some
replacements, i will go the winter with what i have, looking for better & quieter ( if possible )
tires for next spring, i also don't want to spend a " shitload " over the stock tires,
any thoughts would help

i forgot to mention that i live in the Chicago area, weather is a factor

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I’ve had both pilots sport 4s and Firestone indy 500 tires and have had great experiences with both.
If you want the best summer tire PS4S, if you want the best budget summer tire Indy 500’s.

If your want a tire for year round seeing how you’re in Chicago get the all seasons version of the pilot sports.

Edit: Not sure if you would say summer tires are “quieter” since they hug the road more than all seasons. You’ll definitely have the grip for cornering, but will feel the road imperfections a tad bit more since it’s more solidly planted.

IntegraMT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra PRP MT
i've noticed that the " stock " tires on the a-spec car are starting to wear down a little after 17k,
" i like to push them in the corners " can anyone give a some recommendations for some
replacements, i will go the winter with what i have, looking for better & quieter ( if possible )
tires for next spring, i also don't want to spend a " shitload " over the stock tires,
any thoughts would help

i forgot to mention that i live in the Chicago area, weather is a factor
I just replaced my OEM Contis at 15,000 for the same reasons, more comfortable ride and quieter too. Still new and breaking in, but I can tell a big difference in comfort and noise. Check out the Vredestein Quatrac Pro - Excellent ratings and great in rainy weather too.

OP
OP
Wojo

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
I just replaced my OEM Contis at 15,000 for the same reasons, more comfortable ride and quieter too. Still new and breaking in, but I can tell a big difference in comfort and noise. Check out the Vredestein Quatrac Pro - Excellent ratings and great in rainy weather too.

thanks for the info i will keep this handy for next spring

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I’ve had Michelin PS4 AS on my RDX and really like them. I am not impressed with the stock Conti’s (I have 1400 miles on them) so may just get the tires when my wheels come in next month….we shall see.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I have never heard of these tires but after a Google search I am intrigued. I will run the stock conti's to death because I am a cheapass but after that I will keep these in mind. I'm at 7500 miles and have noticed the conti's are not the same as what my former experience with the brand had left me feeling.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, but this thread seemed a perfect fit for today's revelation: factory A-Spec Continentals are a 400 treadwear tire. I saw this while topping my tires off today with the cold weather.

for comparison's sake: The continental extremecontact dws I run on the front of the rx7 and ran on my mini Cooper s are a 640 treadwear and IME a much more progressive feeling and better performing tire. Granted both of those vehicles are ~500lbs lighter than the a-spec... The contipro contacts I put on the wife's last car were a 600 treadwear.

Now im fearing for how long these tires will last.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I have 22k miles on a set that has 6/32 tread depth remaining. They start at 10/32 I believe.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I got the Michelin PilotSport 4 AS same size as stock anf had them mounted on Drag wheels, again same as stocl size. The Michelins are much stickier in the curves with way less wheel spin than the stock Continentals. I did keep one of the OEM tires and wheels as a spare tire. If I would have thought about before now I would have kept the rest and seven them to any of you who want a full-time spare in lieu of the styrofoam, storage box. I am happy with the loolk and the feel on the road. That and the new exhaust and the strut-tower bar: Padre gonna go find some curvy road and have some fun (at the posted speed limits, of course……)

IMG_0095.jpeg

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A better shot in daylight. Since it has cooled down in AZ, I was able to cruise to work at 43.2 MPG. When I got off the freeway and drove the city streets it dropped to 39.6 MPG. Nice sound, smooth ride….got it made!

IMG_0096.jpeg