• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Winter wheels and tires, downsizing to 17" on A-Spec

mizuhoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Elite A-Spec CVT
I have an Elite A-Spec and looking to buy a separate set of winter wheels and tires. I want to downsize from the stock 18" to 17" for my winters. It's my first time buying wheels and tires, so I'd be grateful for any insights and suggestions to confirm or correct my findings and assumptions below. That the 2023 Integra is a brand new model makes it a bit more challenging to find reliable information, and many online retailers don't even have it as a vehicle option when browsing for wheels and tires.

I've looked through a bunch of tire size calculators/comparison tools, and it looks like 215/50R17 is the closest to the stock 235/40R18. 215 width also appears to be ideal for winter, particularly driving on snow. I talked to a rep at Quattro Tires (based near my area) who mentioned his suppliers recommend 225/45R17, though. Not sure what to make of that.

As for the wheels, if I did my research correctly, I should be looking at 17 x 7 or 17 x 7.5 dimension, with 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern, 40-45 mm offset, and 64.1 mm hub bore, to fit without needing spacers or any additional parts.

When it comes to TPMS sensors, do they need to be OEM units for best compatibility/functionality?

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, LCM
I've done this with all of my cars in winter. I usually don't do the sensors and deal with a dummy light. I'm just curious if there is other alerts to annoy me if i didn't do the tpms?
It looks like both 17's would fit according to this page: https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Thanks for all the info on sizing, as I am looking for wheels also!

Update: Got the 17's on without TPMS sensors and there is a notification in the center of the right-side gauge on every startup and a small yellow light on the left side. No audible alarm at least.

Last edited:

BossmanOsman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM/Red 2023 Integra 6MT on order
I've done this with all of my cars in winter. I usually don't do the sensors and deal with a dummy light. I'm just curious if there is other alerts to annoy me if i didn't do the tpms?
It looks like both 17's would fit according to this page: https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Thanks for all the info on sizing, as I am looking for wheels also!

Update: Got the 17's on without TPMS sensors and there is a notification in the center of the right-side gauge on every startup and a small yellow light on the left side. No audible alarm at least.
Hey there. I hope the setup has been working well. I’ve got a LCM A-Spec on order that should arrive before the end of the year and I also wanted to downsize to make the upcoming Michigan winter easier. Would you mind sharing your wheel and tire specs? I’m aiming for the car to feel as close to stock as possible and don’t have any experience regarding the subject. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, LCM
Hey there. I hope the setup has been working well. I’ve got a LCM A-Spec on order that should arrive before the end of the year and I also wanted to downsize to make the upcoming Michigan winter easier. Would you mind sharing your wheel and tire specs? I’m aiming for the car to feel as close to stock as possible and don’t have any experience regarding the subject. Thanks in advance!
I bought wheels off of a Hyundai sonata. They are 7X17 with 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Not sure about what offset they are, but they work well. Even got some center caps off eBay for them.

5ECCDDF7-4964-4200-8092-B5B589A60F15.jpeg