• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Huge shout out to everyone who has commented on other posts. Ultimately I decided to go with the H&R lowering springs and Bonoss 20mm (all around) spacers.

Major shout out to @NSXavier for the guidance, install + alignment. A member on here posted his video about his spoon install which he mentioned "DMV area." Perfect, I've been looking for pros lol.

IMO the ride quality is almost like factory and the bonoss spacers got the offset to just perfect. To be really honest comparing each setting: comfort, sport, sport+ from stock until now, it's a marginal difference if that.

If you're from the DMV and looking for a professional to work on your car be sure to hollar at him 💯🙏🏻

(Tried to upload a video showing the stance but the file is too large. Feel free to hit me up on ig (vlow714) or check out the FB group for it or PM me here and I'll send better photos 👍)

IMG_20230929_163549.jpg

IMG_20230929_163601.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_20230929_074722.jpg

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Looks great 👍 Less rear rake than the Spoon springs. Good to hear comfort is similar to stock too

OP
OP
vtecvlow

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks great 👍 Less rear rake than the Spoon springs. Good to hear comfort is similar to stock too
Happy with this setup for sure! Thanks!

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Looking really good. You two go out cruising the night streets like in the Acura promo video?! Most of watched it 100 times 🤪

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the shout out @vtecvlow !! I’m glad you’re liking the new ride height & stance of the car and are happy with the work performed.

Now, as an owner that has experienced the integra Type-S on Spoon Sports springs AND H&R springs, I can attest that the H&R springs will give you a softer ride. That’s not to say that the Spoon Sports springs are stiff by any means, but when compared to the H&R’s, there is a noticeable difference. The car feels more “coosh” on the H&R’s.

But yes, as the OP has mentioned; if you’re in the DC/MD/VA area and are interested in mods & installs, don’t hesitate to reach out to me via PM on here or DM on Instagram @NSXavier.

2015FB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Type R R-13973
@vtecvlow which FB group is the video posted? Couldn't find it. Car looks great! I had H&R on my FK8....loved them! Will probably go this route or eibach on the DE5.

OP
OP
vtecvlow

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@vtecvlow which FB group is the video posted? Couldn't find it. Car looks great! I had H&R on my FK8....loved them! Will probably go this route or eibach on the DE5.
Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I've had eibach springs(Sportlines and Pros) on pretty much most of my cars. The streets here are riddled with massive potholes and uneven payment. The h&r springs are perfect for this area. Otherwise I would have opt for the Eibach Sportlines lol.

I attached the FB group below 👍

Screenshot_20230930_132218_Facebook.jpg

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
That's awesome! Coincidentally, that's my exact set-up. H&R's with 20mm spacers & OEM wheels. Granted, I'm just sporting a 10th gen, but it's the perfect stance for apparently both vehicles. Cheers!!!

OP
OP
vtecvlow

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's awesome! Coincidentally, that's my exact set-up. H&R's with 20mm spacers & OEM wheels. Granted, I'm just sporting a 10th gen, but it's the perfect stance for apparently both vehicles. Cheers!!!
Nice, do the springs feel soft or oem like in your car? I'm most certainly happy with my set up. The roads are very unforgiving here lol.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
Nice, do the springs feel soft or oem like in your car? I'm most certainly happy with my set up. The roads are very unforgiving here lol.
They feel OEM to me but obviously with the shorter travel, I do hit the bump stops more than I did on OEM. Which is still not very often.

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E36 M3
looking good! Its's hard to tell without a side-by-side with NSXavier's car, but do the H&R's drop it lower than the Spoon Springs? On paper they seem to be the same

OP
OP
vtecvlow

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
looking good! Its's hard to tell without a side-by-side with NSXavier's car, but do the H&R's drop it lower than the Spoon Springs? On paper they seem to be the same
I didn't get a chance to peep his car but he did mention the h&r springs made the car sit a little lower to the ground.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
I didn't get a chance to peep his car but he did mention the h&r springs made the car sit a little lower to the ground.
I believe the Spoon springs drop 1" both front and rear, while the H&R springs drop 0.75" front and 0.60" rear.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
I believe the Spoon springs drop 1" both front and rear, while the H&R springs drop 0.75" front and 0.60" rear.
Every time I see a FL5/DE5 with the Spoon springs the reverse rake is noticable. The H&Rs may not be as low but the overall height looks better.

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E36 M3
that's what's throwing me off.... based on what the manufacturer's published, the H&R's should sit a wee bit higher, but in reality, that doesn't seem to be the case