• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Coilovers or lowering springs?

ghst 25

First Name
jhared
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra A-spec (CVT), Honda Accord coupe 08
Hi, I recently got a Remark exhaust for my 2023 Acura Integra and for my next mod I want to lower the car but I'm having trouble figuring out weather to go with lowering springs or coilovers. (sidenote: I daily drive it)

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
It all depends. Spring are great and have an lower initial price point. I say initial bc they might lead to premature shock wear.

Coilovers offer more flexibility, but they tend to have a bit more NVH. You’d also have to invest in a ADS delete module (I might be able to help with that) so that you can switch out of Drive Modes and get rid of the dash warning light.

It really depends on how low you want to go. Springs will you max 2” lower than stock. Most are in the 1.5”-1.75” range.

I’ve had both, and I prefer my coilovers bc I like to ride low.

OP
OP
ghst 25

ghst 25

First Name
jhared
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra A-spec (CVT), Honda Accord coupe 08
It all depends. Spring are great and have an lower initial price point. I say initial bc they might lead to premature shock wear.

Coilovers offer more flexibility, but they tend to have a bit more NVH. You’d also have to invest in a ADS delete module (I might be able to help with that) so that you can switch out of Drive Modes and get rid of the dash warning light.

It really depends on how low you want to go. Springs will you max 2” lower than stock. Most are in the 1.5”-1.75” range.

I’ve had both, and I prefer my coilovers bc I like to ride low.
Yeah, I’m mostly worried about clearance for when I go over speed bumps, bigger rocks, etc. Because there are 2 parts of the Remark exhaust system that stick out a tiny bit at the bottom of the car.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
In all honesty, our Integra has ample ground clearance compared to other cars I’ve owned in the past. Doing regalar driving and going over speed bumps, I haven’t scraped or bottomed out even a single time…and that’s over the course of 8 months and almost 4k miles.

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
In all honesty, our Integra has ample ground clearance compared to other cars I’ve owned in the past. Doing regalar driving and going over speed bumps, I haven’t scraped or bottomed out even a single time…and that’s over the course of 8 months and almost 4k miles.
This is reassuring since I have to drive over train tracks where I live. I’m coming from several years of lifted Jeep & a full full size trucks back into an Integra & I’ve been concerned about this. Even with your coil overs, no scraping huh? That’s awesome! Hopefully the Type S won’t be too dramatically different on height.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Coilovers are love. Coilovers are life. Give me options and I shall buy. (Eventually)