• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wheel chip (Type s)

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
I just noticed, one of the wheel spokes has a paint chip…..not curb rash, a chip of paint about the size of my pinky finger just missing on the rim?? I’m VERY careful with my car. Just bad luck with small rock on the freeway??? I have no clue…

Warranty?? LOL

Anyone know touch up paint code? I guess that’s my only option 😞

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
You aren't the only one with this issue. So maybe it's soft paint, or maybe it's an issue from Enkei. Supposedly this was a reason some of the initial 200 cars were on hold due to rim chip issues.

That said, Honda doesn't do paint codes for their rims. I used the Modern Steel Metallic (Honda or Acura) for a tiny area and it matched well enough for me.

OP
OP

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
So it should be warranty???

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Aftermarket tire and wheel package should cover this, but not factory warranty. My guess.

For me, my brake caliper is chipped. I'm not expecting anything but I think I will give it a shot next time I'm at the dealer. Can't hurt to ask.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Aftermarket tire and wheel package should cover this, but not factory warranty. My guess.

For me, my brake caliper is chipped. I'm not expecting anything but I think I will give it a shot next time I'm at the dealer. Can't hurt to ask.
I’ve got the same paint chip on the caliber

OP
OP

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
IMG_3250.jpeg

That’s such trash! I only have a couple thousand miles……. I was thinking about picking up the accessory copper wheels but not if they’re gonna chip like this…

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
A rim shop can easily repair that but see if you can get Honda to cover the cost.,

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
It's doubtful Acura will cover this under warranty. As someone else mentioned it may be time for aftermarket wheels if the finish is this soft. Also wouldn't make sense to refinish the wheels in the same color in hopes of a more durable finish since you'll be out $1,000 for $1,500 for the set.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Wow. This is crazy. I guess it could be another excuse for aftermarket wheels

OP
OP

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
Sure aftermarket wheels but still a little rediculous lol

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Sure aftermarket wheels but still a little rediculous lol
I agree and would contact the dealer. Seems to be an issue on paint adhering correctly. I wonder if the FL5 wheels are showing this issue. No issues on my aspec but those were steel.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
There has been an increasing and reoccurring trend over the past 10 yrs that oem wheels chip more easily. There are several causes, but the most common issue is the re-formulation of paint and painting processes to meet environmental requirements. It means softer paint and shorter curing processes. Another style related factor is the industry trend to more and more painted dark wheels, which makes road rash more obvious. Additional the shallower wheel face (larger offsets) places the outer edges of the spokes closer to the out wheel edge. And lastly the shift to sharper edged, multi spoke and narrow flat spokes creates more surfaces that can be damaged.

Increasingly owners of higher priced cars are going to electro-static painted oem wheels which creates a harder "baked on" surface to avoid minor stone chips. This is not a perfect solution but it is better than a standard painted oe wheel.

The easiest solution is an aftermarket wheel with recessed spokes, fewer vertical spokes, lighter colors or no paint.

12secrd

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS
I also have a small chip out of the OEM grey wheels. Never hit anything. Warranty denied at dealership.