• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
In case you haven't seen this.

I have. Not interested in most of the "solutions". Venting to atmosphere (and messing w. the MAF calculations) and / or drilling holes in my charge pipes and routing some ridiculous tubing while adding multiple potential failure points just for a little noise seems... foolish.
My understanding is the RV6 is essentially a like-for-like replacement (in terms of functionality) of the OEM piece, albeit using a more robust mechanism. (Spring / piston vs diaphragm?)

Edit: the appeal of the RV6, to me, is theoretically enhanced durability + enhanced sound, without ECU issues.

That said, I believe I read somewhere that it requires a different pressure / boost threshold than the OEM recirc valve. Can't confirm, personally...

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I have. Not interested in most of the "solutions". Venting to atmosphere (and messing w. the MAF calculations) and / or drilling holes in my charge pipes and routing some ridiculous tubing while adding multiple potential failure points just for a little noise seems... foolish.
My understanding is the RV6 is essentially a like-for-like replacement (in terms of functionality) of the OEM piece, albeit using a more robust mechanism. (Spring / piston vs diaphragm?)

Edit: the appeal of the RV6, to me, is theoretically enhanced durability + enhanced sound, without ECU issues.

That said, I believe I read somewhere that it requires a different pressure / boost threshold than the OEM recirc valve. Can't confirm, personally...
All sensible points. I went through my phase of blowing off in people's ears when their windows were down with my SR20 powered S13. In that case I had a Greddy Type S. Nothing quite matches that distinctive whistle of an aftermarket BOV... so figured if you were going to go that route, why not go all in?

I think if you're going to swap turbos then it only makes sense to swap to a higher grade bypass valve. But under any other circumstance I'm not sure an intake wouldn't add all the noise value you'd need, without all the poking holes in necessary tubing.

All of it is juvenile but at least you're not hurting anyone. I would try to avoid the windows down thing though. I should have probably gotten my ass beat for that one.

Reactions: ITS

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
After a week of ownership I finally played around with the settings. Buying a car a couple months after a new baby (baby number two) does not leave much time for play. Glad I could change the “close” proximity for the orange flashing light when I’m tailgating someone. Loving this car more and more… picture for no reason :)

IMG_9161.jpeg
Hey! I got mine a little less than two months after my second kid was born too! Congrats!

I need to mess with my settings. It constantly beeps at me as I'm changing lanes even though there's a decent amount of space in the lane I'm changing into.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Had some free time tonight so I got started on the CDV delete.

This should take about 15-20 minutes to take apart and remove the the clutch delay valve if you have the right tools.

Tools used:
Safety glasses
Bench vise
1.4mm precision flathead screwdriver
Needle nose pliers
Pick tool(s)

When doing this mod previously, I used the pick tools and had a hard time with it. This time around I used a precision screwdriver like you'd find in those eyeglass repair kits and it was much easier.
1. Just stick the screwdriver in between the C clip and "scoop" it out from the top.
2. Once the clip is out, use the needle nose to grab at the cap and remove it.
3. With the cap off, use various pick tools (or a wood screw) to remove the delay valve (white plastic piece). Discard or preserve it in a jar like a lab specimen.
4. Re-assemble the slave cylinder.

I'm waiting on some more parts to come in but I plan to install the modified slave cylinder this weekend along with the Sirimoto stainless steel clutch line and clutch damper delete hard line. Then bleed the system and go for a drive.
IMG_20240507_034349.jpg
IMG_20240507_034431.jpg
IMG_20240507_044044.jpg
IMG_20240507_041837.jpg
1000011234.jpg
You should make a separate thread with these instructions!

And don't do like me: loose the c-clip and not be able to reassemble the slave cylinder!

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
All sensible points. I went through my phase of blowing off in people's ears when their windows were down with my SR20 powered S13. In that case I had a Greddy Type S. Nothing quite matches that distinctive whistle of an aftermarket BOV... so figured if you were going to go that route, why not go all in?

I think if you're going to swap turbos then it only makes sense to swap to a higher grade bypass valve. But under any other circumstance I'm not sure an intake wouldn't add all the noise value you'd need, without all the poking holes in necessary tubing.

All of it is juvenile but at least you're not hurting anyone. I would try to avoid the windows down thing though. I should have probably gotten my ass beat for that one.
Yeah, I'm fairly certain an intake is the answer, but I'm just struggling to pull the trigger. There isn't one that seems to check all the boxes, or more accurately, I can't seem to settle on one that doesn't have something I don't like / I'm not willing to compromise on.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Yeah, I'm fairly certain an intake is the answer, but I'm just struggling to pull the trigger. There isn't one that seems to check all the boxes, or more accurately, I can't seem to settle on one that doesn't have something I don't like / I'm not willing to compromise on.
Curious what your cons/dislikes are for each of the major players like PRL, Eventuri, Armaspeed....

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Hey! I got mine a little less than two months after my second kid was born too! Congrats!

I need to mess with my settings. It constantly beeps at me as I'm changing lanes even though there's a decent amount of space in the lane I'm changing into.
Congrats , there may possibly be a distance setting someplace , I am not 100% sure but on one of my other vehicles it had it.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Curious what your cons/dislikes are for each of the major players like PRL, Eventuri, Armaspeed....
Disclaimer: I have no in person experience with any of these, so I might be far off-base...

PRL - pros for performance (secondary inlet), cons for appearance, sound (obviously louder than stock, but rather disappointing considering expectations)... probably the best overall option, considering price.

Blitz / Gruppem - pros for performance (also has a secondary inlet), appearance, not sure on sound for this as it's been hard to find a good recording in-cabin, also not sure on DE5 fitment or color matching (I believe the red matches FL5 engine cover but not DE5), pricey.

Eventuri - assuming this has slightly worse performance than the first 2, as it has no secondary inlet and is likely limited as a result, pros for appearance (best looking, imo), sound seems pretty significant, very pricey.

Armaspeed - huge pros for sound, that said I'm not sure I want an exposed filter (also aware concerns re: this are often overstated, as it is exacerbated on a dyno d/t lack of flow, but less significant in real world driving), and carbon fiber seems like a waste here considering the overall design is rudimentary and there isn't a lot to it... it feels like this should have been plastic and 35-50% of the asking price.

Ramair - probably priced appropriately, big pros for sound, but again, exposed filter and I believe I've read complaints about fitment.

The Eventuri is probably my favorite, but it seems that it lacks the performance benefits of its cheaper contemporaries (Blitz/Gruppem, PRL), which makes the asking price feel a little obnoxious, even if the form / material is deserving of it.

The PRL is probably the logical move, considering price / performance, but I'm mostly interested in sound here, and I'm worried with the windows up this would feel like a waste.

I'd appreciate real feedback from anyone with one of these, though.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Disclaimer: I have no in person experience with any of these, so I might be far off-base...

PRL - pros for performance (secondary inlet), cons for appearance, sound (obviously louder than stock, but rather disappointing considering expectations)... probably the best overall option, considering price.

Blitz / Gruppem - pros for performance (also has a secondary inlet), appearance, not sure on sound for this as it's been hard to find a good recording in-cabin, also not sure on DE5 fitment or color matching (I believe the red matches FL5 engine cover but not DE5), pricey.

Eventuri - assuming this has slightly worse performance than the first 2, as it has no secondary inlet and is likely limited as a result, pros for appearance (best looking, imo), sound seems pretty significant, very pricey.

Armaspeed - huge pros for sound, that said I'm not sure I want an exposed filter (also aware concerns re: this are often overstated, as it is exacerbated on a dyno d/t lack of flow, but less significant in real world driving), and carbon fiber seems like a waste here considering the overall design is rudimentary and there isn't a lot to it... it feels like this should have been plastic and 35-50% of the asking price.

Ramair - probably priced appropriately, big pros for sound, but again, exposed filter and I believe I've read complaints about fitment.

The Eventuri is probably my favorite, but it seems that it lacks the performance benefits of its cheaper contemporaries (Blitz/Gruppem, PRL), which makes the asking price feel a little obnoxious, even if the form / material is deserving of it.

The PRL is probably the logical move, considering price / performance, but I'm mostly interested in sound here, and I'm worried with the windows up this would feel like a waste.

Eventuri my favorite looking by far. I went PRL because it's more capable past 450 (although I don't think I want to exceed that any longer) and the price.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Because I just couldn't stand looking at them anymore. Duplicolor Metalcast turned out with a good finish overall!

IMG_4507.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4505.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

IMG_4512.jpeg

IMG_4511.jpeg

IMG_4510.jpeg

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Eventuri my favorite looking by far. I went PRL because it's more capable past 450 (although I don't think I want to exceed that any longer) and the price.
How audible is it w. windows up? All the vids seem pretty underwhelming unless they're down.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
How audible is it w. windows up? All the vids seem pretty underwhelming unless they're down.
It's a little louder than the Sprint drop in filters and better performing than the "open" style ones like the Pipercross and Armaspeed, but those are much louder though.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

If it's just sound then get a Sprint filter. From others feedback it gets ya 90% of the PRL HVI sound.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If it's just sound then get a Sprint filter. From others feedback it gets ya 90% of the PRL HVI sound.
I'm not comfortable running the lack of filtering the Sprint brings, lol. Willing to sacrifice some? Sure. The Sprint is... something else.