• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I finally got around to installing the auto folding mirrors on my ITS. I installed the F Kit from MIKstore. There is a whole thread on the install. If anyone has any questions about the process I’d be happy to answer them. Another forum member answered sooooo many of my questions that I figure I should pay it forward.

Some things I learned during this install which are specific to the F Kit.
- The green wire has a different connector on either end. Make sure you do not plug the wire in backward because depinning these connectors can be a PITA
- Tighten your screws all the way down or else your mirror will wobble, and you will have to live with that wobble or revise the install. I had to remove the mirror again and partially disassemble stop the wobble. With that said, do not over tighten the screws or you can strip the plastic like another member of this forum did
- If you switch out the mirror glass, when you reinstall it, make sure the tilt motor sticks are properly aligned. They are ball and socket joints but there is a little notch that must align. If you do not align the notch, the ball will break off
- Wear gloves when you remove the glass. Even clean hands are greasy. Also white lithium grease is behind the mirror to prevent plastic squeaking. It will get all over your hands, or gloves if you are wearing them
- Take more pictures than you need to to ensure putting things back together is easier

Final result (noise alert on video, LOUD parking garage)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I finally got around to installing the auto folding mirrors on my ITS. I installed the F Kit from MIKstore. There is a whole thread on the install. If anyone has any questions about the process I’d be happy to answer them. Another forum member answered sooooo many of my questions that I figure I should pay it forward.

Some things I learned during this install which are specific to the F Kit.
- The green wire has a different connector on either end. Make sure you do not plug the wire in backward because depinning these connectors can be a PITA
- Tighten your screws all the way down or else your mirror will wobble, and you will have to live with that wobble or revise the install. I had to remove the mirror again and partially disassemble stop the wobble. With that said, do not over tighten the screws or you can strip the plastic like another member of this forum did
- If you switch out the mirror glass, when you reinstall it, make sure the tilt motor sticks are properly aligned. They are ball and socket joints but there is a little notch that must align. If you do not align the notch, the ball will break off
- Wear gloves when you remove the glass. Even clean hands are greasy. Also white lithium grease is behind the mirror to prevent plastic squeaking. It will get all over your hands, or gloves if you are wearing them
- Take more pictures than you need to to ensure putting things back together is easier

Final result (noise alert on video, LOUD parking garage)
Nice. Love TEP. Now since your in a parking garage... Sound clip😉

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
I have been driving alittle easier since my youngest is telling me now gets car sick. Little punk I tell him keep the window down he be fine
I have it too.
I see this as a good sign. Center exhaust is open in Sports+ mode, which usually means heavy throttle (i.e. Italian tune-up). I would like to think this is a function of build up in the exhaust as opposed to driving like a grandma and having it accumulated in/near the engine.

I also think the crackle and pops that are thanks to unburnt fuel are also probably contributing to the soot build up, again only in the center since it goes hand in hand.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Ha! Those work? My kids rarely on iPads in the car. Make them look out the window like we did as kids, so much to see out there.
I'm just joking - I saw it on tiktok and got a kick out of it. Supposedly it works.

My oldest is only 5 and (knock on wood) he doesn't get motion sickness.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
I'm just joking - I saw it on tiktok and got a kick out of it. Supposedly it works.

My oldest is only 5 and (knock on wood) he doesn't get motion sickness.
Ha if it works it works. Just need get some that match the car 😜.
My youngest I think just wants out of his seat and into a booster. I like him in the seat so he doesn’t fling all over the back seat. I know he’s messing with me because I was messing around going round a round about and his car seat shifted on the seat and he laughed.
Maybe he just hates soccer. Kids, who knows?!

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I crossed over the 2100 mile mark today and noticed the pops and bangs are more rowdy. Louder and more pronounced. Did I just unlock some sort of achievement? Is the car properly "worn in" now?
Anyone else experience similar?

I love it.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I crossed over the 2100 mile mark today and noticed the pops and bangs are more rowdy. Louder and more pronounced. Did I just unlock some sort of achievement? Is the car properly "worn in" now?

I love it.
Maybe it was a specific mileage, but I just commented about this in a thread about Milltek exhaust. The stock exhaust has a tendency to surprise me sometimes, I'm not sure I'm ready for a significantly louder exhaust.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS

I love it.
Did you clean out your ears recently? A possible factor.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Mine much louder but I have the RV6 DP

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
My pops are definitely more pronounced lately. Just passed 3300 miles. I’m getting some really loud pops now. I opened the door and just revved it and surprised me big time.