• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm not comfortable running the lack of filtering the Sprint brings, lol. Willing to sacrifice some? Sure. The Sprint is... something else.
πŸ˜‚ That turbo will chew up whatever passes by the filter

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Eventuri my favorite looking by far. I went PRL because it's more capable past 450 (although I don't think I want to exceed that any longer) and the price.
I think I'm going to go the PRL route as well. Paying a whole extra grand (360% !!!) extra is a tough pill to swallow as great as that carbon fiber looks...

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I think I'm going to go the PRL route as well. Paying a whole extra grand (360% !!!) extra is a tough pill to swallow as great as that carbon fiber looks...
Exactly, same here. If I didn't wanna spend that extra money on other mods then I don't think it'd be that big of an issue. Plus it needs the matching inlet pipe to really complete the look. But I have a spending addiction problem with this car. πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ Just hafta be smart how I divide up each purchase and upgrade. πŸ˜† Now I just have brake parts and Chasing J's engine bay stuff on the way but I'll probably go with the Eibach Pro kit too. THEN I should be done. πŸ‘€

IMG_4532.gif

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Exactly, same here. If I didn't wanna spend that extra money on other mods then I don't think it'd be that big of an issue. Plus it needs the matching inlet pipe to really complete the look. But I have a spending addiction problem with this car. πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ Just hafta be smart how I divide up each purchase and upgrade. πŸ˜† Now I just have brake parts and Chasing J's engine bay stuff on the way but I'll probably go with the Eibach Pro kit too. THEN I should be done. πŸ‘€
Loving the pro-kit

20240507_2.jpg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Nice. I'll probably go this route. I've been happy with eibachs in the past.

Not to mention this doesn't seem to have the negative rake other lowering springs have.
I was in the same boat. I ordered when it was released based on specs alone, larger drop in front then rear. I had some worry with spring rates thinking it would be softer then factory but it's slightly firmer.

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Disclaimer: I have no in person experience with any of these, so I might be far off-base...

PRL - pros for performance (secondary inlet), cons for appearance, sound (obviously louder than stock, but rather disappointing considering expectations)... probably the best overall option, considering price.

Blitz / Gruppem - pros for performance (also has a secondary inlet), appearance, not sure on sound for this as it's been hard to find a good recording in-cabin, also not sure on DE5 fitment or color matching (I believe the red matches FL5 engine cover but not DE5), pricey.

Eventuri - assuming this has slightly worse performance than the first 2, as it has no secondary inlet and is likely limited as a result, pros for appearance (best looking, imo), sound seems pretty significant, very pricey.

Armaspeed - huge pros for sound, that said I'm not sure I want an exposed filter (also aware concerns re: this are often overstated, as it is exacerbated on a dyno d/t lack of flow, but less significant in real world driving), and carbon fiber seems like a waste here considering the overall design is rudimentary and there isn't a lot to it... it feels like this should have been plastic and 35-50% of the asking price.

Ramair - probably priced appropriately, big pros for sound, but again, exposed filter and I believe I've read complaints about fitment.

The Eventuri is probably my favorite, but it seems that it lacks the performance benefits of its cheaper contemporaries (Blitz/Gruppem, PRL), which makes the asking price feel a little obnoxious, even if the form / material is deserving of it.

The PRL is probably the logical move, considering price / performance, but I'm mostly interested in sound here, and I'm worried with the windows up this would feel like a waste.

I'd appreciate real feedback from anyone with one of these, though.
I went with the PRL because I didn't really care about the looks. I just wanted more "woosh" and to keep inlet temps the same or lower than stock. I also liked that this was a closed box design for that reason.
I wasn't expecting any real hp gains and don't feel any either, but I love hearing the turbo spool as it's definitely much louder than stock in my opinion.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
anybody else ever see little puffs of back smoke out the exhaust ? Was backing into the garage and noticed little puff of black smoke in the reverse camera. Wonder if it’s because of the tune? Driveway cam picked it up

Last edited:

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Uh oh! Bad sign.

Just kidding! No idea. Maybe running the engine backwards? JK again!!

Sorry, useless forum member.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
anybody else ever see little puffs of back smoke out the exhaust ? Was backing into the garage and noticed little puff of black smoke in the reverse camera. Wonder if it’s because of the tune? Driveway cam picked it up
I haven't personally witnessed black smoke but I have a ton of soot in the center exhaust pipe.

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Must be that rolling coal diesel tune.

πŸ˜†

I too have a crazy soot from the center pipe annoyance. Could just be that. I frequently change my oil and use quality products so not sure what it would be coming from. πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Must be that rolling coal diesel tune.

πŸ˜†

I too have a crazy soot from the center pipe annoyance. Could just be that. I frequently change my oil and use quality products so not sure what it would be coming from. πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
Car has 3300 miles and did an oil change at 2k. Who knows. Maybe just need to run it harder

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Car has 3300 miles and did an oil change at 2k. Who knows. Maybe just need to run it harder
I have it too.

I see this as a good sign. Center exhaust is open in Sports+ mode, which usually means heavy throttle (i.e. Italian tune-up). I would like to think this is a function of build up in the exhaust as opposed to driving like a grandma and having it accumulated in/near the engine.

I also think the crackle and pops that are thanks to unburnt fuel are also probably contributing to the soot build up, again only in the center since it goes hand in hand.