• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are the odds/chances Acura makes a 2-door coupe next year for the Integra?

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I can't help but think, after seeing the new prelude, and a few other new cars as 2 door coupes, that Acura might take a look at a 2-door option for the Integra's and Honda with the FL5.
I would really hate to buy the Integra and then a year later see a 2-door offering come out.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
They could carry the prelude and label it as an Acura Integra coupe... It would please some but I doubt the performance numbers will be there and being a hybrid I'd say it will only be an CVT

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I can't help but think, after seeing the new prelude, and a few other new cars as 2 door coupes, that Acura might take a look at a 2-door option for the Integra's and Honda with the FL5.
I would really hate to buy the Integra and then a year later see a 2-door offering come out.
if you liked the 5-door Integra already it’s inconsequential if there’s a coupe or not. I’m glad this hatch is sedan like as it’s so practical for families and carrying many items.

I doubt there’s be a coupe Integra in the near future without the civic being redesigned as a coupe first.

hybrid would only entice me if it has a manual transmission. Toyota is experimenting optional manual:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45754176/toyota-manual-ev-prototype-drive/

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
No two doors for the teggy..
Savageese interviewed Jonathan Rivers (integra product planner)

They wanted it to be fun and usable for the family thus the 5 doors model. below is link to the vision part of savageese video.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
I don't understand everyone wanting a two door option. If Honda/Acura comes out with another sporty two door coupe or roadster I'd hope for RWD and an S2K/GR86 style vehicle. ITS is an excellent single car solution.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Last ICE performance vehicle from Honda/Acura (with the FL5). Then maybe one hybrid, and then fully electric.
Not even sure if the concept Prelude will make it as a 2-door...

Souk24nior

First Name
Souk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 integra
Hi people, I'm new here and this is my ¢2. I think Acura will release an Integra aspec (maybe gsr) with more power for the 2026 year. Unfortunately, these days people don't buy coupes, or sadans for that matter. Maybe the future will change.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Hi people, I'm new here and this is my ¢2. I think Acura will release an Integra aspec (maybe gsr) with more power for the 2026 year. Unfortunately, these days people don't buy coupes, or sadans for that matter. Maybe the future will change.
The future is 6000lbs+ crossover EVs😞

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Last ICE performance vehicle from Honda/Acura (with the FL5). Then maybe one hybrid, and then fully electric.
Not even sure if the concept Prelude will make it as a 2-door...
Severely doubt these will be the last ICE performance vehicles. I also highly doubt that all future performance vehicles will be fully electric. The resources to make batteries do not support this and the massive amounts of abiotic fuels to continue making ICE cars means that there is just way too much money to just abandon.

These also provide ingredients for fertillizers that feeds billions and billions of people. There aren't any cheap alternatives to oil. The grid infrastructure cannot support it if every person had an EV right now and the majority of our electricity comes from burning coal/gas anyway. Have we seen any money go towards developing new transmission lines and infrastructure bolstering? Absolutely not

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Coupes are vastly overrated. Why would you want 2 less doors? Maybe in the 90s when structural rigidity and weight may have actually had an impact, but with modern engineering aesthetics is literally the only reason, and the ITS is already one of the best looking cars on the road.

Sit and wait if you want, that's however many more years you're living without one of the best driver's cars ever made. And as others mentioned, I wouldn't hold my breath. There's just no evidence whatsoever that there is even any desire for Honda/Acura to do it, and there's no market for it anyway.

Severely doubt these will be the last ICE performance vehicles. I also highly doubt that all future performance vehicles will be fully electric. The resources to make batteries do not support this and the massive amounts of abiotic fuels to continue making ICE cars means that there is just way too much money to just abandon.

These also provide ingredients for fertillizers that feeds billions and billions of people. There aren't any cheap alternatives to oil. The grid infrastructure cannot support it if every person had an EV right now and the majority of our electricity comes from burning coal/gas anyway. Have we seen any money go towards developing new transmission lines and infrastructure bolstering? Absolutely not
Well... you make valid points but this theory is still unproven. Many manufacturers have indeed gone "all in" on BEVs.... I think Honda is pretty far gone. Where I will agree is that there is ALL SORTS of fuckery going on right now with this "next evolution" of automobiles as we know them... governments all over the world are pushing EVs without a sound plan, and the market is pushing back HARD despite an initial interest from "early adopters". This is all true, and who really knows where it's all leading? We're just going to have to wait for some sort of breakthrough, because I highly doubt fossil fuels are the future. Their days may be extended more than governments would like to believe, but they are still numbered.

What I'm excited for that's right in front of us is HEVs. I encourage everyone to go check out some articles/vids on the McLaren Artura. That thing is promising, to say the least... a very exciting 8500 rpm V6 coupled with electric power gives me all kinds of hope for the future. Imagine Porsche refining this recipe for the next 911, maybe with that glorious 4.0 flat 6 out of the 718 variants? OMFG.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I really appreciate everyone's input and thoughts on this, thanks.
I am not sure what the future holds, but I do think with an election can come changes and depending on how this next presidential election goes will determine a lot about the future of EV's in North America.
It could easily swing the other way just as abruptly as it has swung to its current position.
Very difficult to say.

To address a few comments or questions, I would prefer a coupe, I wasn't in the buying market when coupes were popular, just wasn't, but now that I am ready to buy a few new cars, the trend has gone to 4 doors, ok, but I would prefer a coupe if possible.

My kids are all grown up, heck, my grandkids are all grown up, and I just don't need a back seat like I once did .
I could go either way, but I really do miss that 2-door look, especially when I see a 2-door civic go by, I think, that is a really good look.

So, for me, if a 2-door coupe was available, as an option, this would be my preference.
I plan to buy an ITS in March, and then, 2yerars later I plan to buy one more, new car, for my wife, not sure what model as of yet, looking at options, including the Prelude, so depending on what the trend is then will determine what we buy then or if I trade in the ITS On something else or not.
To each his own, remember life is too short to worry about what others think, get what makes you happy.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
if you liked the 5-door Integra already it’s inconsequential if there’s a coupe or not. I’m glad this hatch is sedan like as it’s so practical for families and carrying many items.

I doubt there’s be a coupe Integra in the near future without the civic being redesigned as a coupe first.

hybrid would only entice me if it has a manual transmission. Toyota is experimenting optional manual:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45754176/toyota-manual-ev-prototype-drive/
I do like both a 5 door and a 3-door design to be honest, I could go either way.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Coupes are vastly overrated. Why would you want 2 less doors? Maybe in the 90s when structural rigidity and weight may have actually had an impact, but with modern engineering aesthetics is literally the only reason, and the ITS is already one of the best looking cars on the road.

Sit and wait if you want, that's however many more years you're living without one of the best driver's cars ever made. And as others mentioned, I wouldn't hold my breath. There's just no evidence whatsoever that there is even any desire for Honda/Acura to do it, and there's no market for it anyway.

Well... you make valid points but this theory is still unproven. Many manufacturers have indeed gone "all in" on BEVs.... I think Honda is pretty far gone. Where I will agree is that there is ALL SORTS of fuckery going on right now with this "next evolution" of automobiles as we know them... governments all over the world are pushing EVs without a sound plan, and the market is pushing back HARD despite an initial interest from "early adopters". This is all true, and who really knows where it's all leading? We're just going to have to wait for some sort of breakthrough, because I highly doubt fossil fuels are the future. Their days may be extended more than governments would like to believe, but they are still numbered.

What I'm excited for that's right in front of us is HEVs. I encourage everyone to go check out some articles/vids on the McLaren Artura. That thing is promising, to say the least... a very exciting 8500 rpm V6 coupled with electric power gives me all kinds of hope for the future. Imagine Porsche refining this recipe for the next 911, maybe with that glorious 4.0 flat 6 out of the 718 variants? OMFG.
im Not against EV’s. Not my preference even though I’m a EE major as odd as that may be. Governments pushing EV onto people is what I dont like. But there are a number of trade offs people need to consider. I’m with you, excited for hybrid ICE with a little of battery. Although battery tech is still not there, solid state batteries may be viable but another decade before we see mass production.

Follow the money, far too much oil and gas available to just abandon it. The deep pockets know those are still gold mines to just simply shift away from. There is one country with the monopoly on batteries and there’s going to be some balancing with these ridiculous prices first