• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are the odds/chances Acura makes a 2-door coupe next year for the Integra?

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If Tiger Eye looked like that I would probably have given up Performance Red for it ;).
I don't know I'd swap out of ABP, but I'd take those wheels with the blue for sure (and I would have had to think a lot harder about TEP of that was the color).

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I don't know I'd swap out of ABP, but I'd take those wheels with the blue for sure (and I would have had to think a lot harder about TEP of that was the color).
Pretty sure those are Volk CE28s in Hyper Gold.

1706128508265.png

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Pretty sure those are Volk CE28s in Hyper Gold.

1706128508265.png
Good eye; I think you are right. I really like this style of wheel, but I'm struggling to find one offered in the fitment I'm looking for.

I'd like something flush, and I always like the idea of extra tread width, but I don't want to screw up the alignment of the steering axis and the center of the wheel too badly.

Something like 18x10.5 et45 would be great, as you kinda split the change in offset across the steering axis (~15mm on the outside / ~7mm on the inside). Apex offers an 18x10.5 et 47 in the VS-5RS, but not in the SM-10 style. Most of the offsets are in the 20-35 range, which is too far.

Anyways, I'm rambling... Volk CE28s have been added to the list!

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
There are several current two door options out there to choose from so there's little reason to wait for another two door to come out. Enjoy what you can and enjoy what you have.
Two door with a 6 speed manual?

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Gr86, brz, Miata, Nissan z, mustang , camaro (will be discontinued soon), supra (new or used), cayman (used), and maybe more?
Right, but no Hondas.
I have a z, and I like every car you mentioned to some extent, but I am looking for a Honda/Acura this time around, so I was just saying it would be nice if Acura or Honda put a coupe out with a 6 speed manual, the Prelude looks great, but I doubt it will be available with a manual.

Last edited:

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Honda Civic Type R
Rightm, bit no Hondas.
I have a z, and I like every car you mentioned to some extent, but I am looking for a Honda/Acura this time around, so I was just saying it would be nice if Acura or Honda put a coupe out with a 6 speed manual, the Prelude looks great, but I doubt it will be available with a manual.
Fair point.

I have a Nissan Z as well (Performance and Nismo). They are sweet.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fair point.

I have a Nissan Z as well (Performance and Nismo). They are sweet.
Ok, how many cars do you have?

An observant browser of both forums would notice you have a SGP FL5 photo in your avatar on civicxi.com, yet a SBP FL5 on here. Do you have two FL5s?

Why?

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Honda Civic Type R
Ok, how many cars do you have?

An observant browser of both forums would notice you have a SGP FL5 photo in your avatar on civicxi.com, yet a SBP FL5 on here. Do you have two FL5s?

Why?
Too many cars my, friend. I guess I'm crazy since there's no explanation that would validate it to most people.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many cars my, friend. I guess I'm crazy since there's no explanation that would validate it to most people.
Hey man, it's your money. I was just actually trying to understand what logic could go behind having more than one of the exact same type of car... I mean I could even understand having, say, two 911s because you could still get a vastly different experience with various options like PDK/manual, Cabriolet, Targa, AWD, etc... but the FL5 is kind of "what you see is what you get", there are no real options to speak of... and you can only drive one at a time so just wondering how it makes sense.

If you feel like sharing then I would be interested, otherwise I'm just a random guy on a forum, I won't get my feelings hurt if you dismiss my intrusiveness and move on.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Honda Civic Type R
Hey man, it's your money. I was just actually trying to understand what logic could go behind having more than one of the exact same type of car... I mean I could even understand having, say, two 911s because you could still get a vastly different experience with various options like PDK/manual, Cabriolet, Targa, AWD, etc... but the FL5 is kind of "what you see is what you get", there are no real options to speak of... and you can only drive one at a time so just wondering how it makes sense.

If you feel like sharing then I would be interested, otherwise I'm just a random guy on a forum, I won't get my feelings hurt if you dismiss my intrusiveness and move on.
I got over excited with the FL5 and admired it so much. I guess I made a mistake. I don't know. They are relatively affordable compared to Porsche cars, so I just jumped on it because they reminded me of Porsche GT cars, believe it or not, lol.

You're right, I can see the motivation and reason in owning both a 911 GT3 and a 911 Turbo. That would be a more logical scenario. Hopefully I can add more variety like that down the line. Maybe two of those P cars, a Lambo, etc... Yet that will be bigger money and bigger losses, so not sure if I'm ready to gamble (or afford) that much down the line. We will see.

You're right, I personally can only drive one car at a time. That's a big limitation and the extra of the same car is just sitting there. Maybe I can teach my kids to start driving them and using them.

Sorry for the thread jack. Please feel free to PM me or I can PM you.

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got over excited with FL5 and admired it so much. I guess I made a mistake. I don't know. They are relatively affordable compared to Porsche cars, so I just jump on it because they reminded me of Porsche GT cars, believe it or not, lol.

You're right, I can see the motivation and reason in owning both a 911 GT3 and a 911 Turbo. That would be a more logical scenario. Hopefully I can add more variety like that down the line. Maybe two of those P cars, a Lambo, etc... Yet that will be bigger money and bigger losses, so not sure if I'm ready to gamble that much down the line. We will see.

Sorry for the thread jack. Please feel free to PM me.
There is no thread to jack here lol; this thread has been dead and buried since it started. Acura isn't making a 2 door anything, so we can talk about whatever we want IMO!

Nah man, I get it. Spending habits scale with income, necessary expenses, etc.... I think I can uniquely relate because my income fluctuates FAR MORE than I'd like it to year over year so I've kind of been put in a position where I've had to actively scale back my spending habits, and am actually a bit mad at myself for some of my indiscretions in the past. But I can't judge you, no way sir. I've been excruciatingly dumb with my car purchase decisions even in the recent past, I can't imagine if I had even more discretionary income- I was literally only wondering why you got two of them.

I also won't disagree with the comparison to the Porsche GT cars. They're far better than they have any right to be, especially relative to the cost!

So, in essence what you're telling me is that the hypothetical scenario that I myself have laid out before of "you could buy 3 Civic Type Rs for the cost of a GT3"... this is pretty much that scenario, just played out IRL? I've heard of some folks doing things like this... like the "barn find" E30 M3s where some guy bought 2 of them (and an RS200 and Merc 190E) and just kept them in a garage for 30 years... this was back in 2010 but they were worth a fortune then. This would be a 7 figure find today.

https://www.carscoops.com/2010/03/barnyard-collection-of-two-new-bmw-m3/