• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ultimate Sticky Steering poll (CVT/6MT)

Which year/trans/trim exhibits sticky steering?

• Total voters

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Last edited:

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
What are you referring to with Sticky Jerky Steering?

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
What are you referring to with Sticky Jerky Steering?
I updated my first post to reflect the link of the multi-page thread. It just has to do with the steering wheel feeling notchy, and frequently freezing momentarily as you’re driving. It prevents from a smooth, lane-centered, driving experience.

Last edited:

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
I updated my first post to reflect the link of the multi-page thread. It just has to do with the steering wheel feeling notchy, and times momentarily freezing as you’re driving. It prevents from a smooth, lane-centered, driving experience.
Got it thanks.

ezy742003

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
I have a 2024 6MT. It was around 3400 miles that I started to notice something was wrong with my steering and my wrists were kind of aching from turning. I was thinking it was maybe my power steering. I took it to my dealer and they confirmed it was the rack and pinion. They gave me a loaner and about 6-7 weeks later it was fixed. It works great now but I do hear some popping in my steering sometimes when at low speeds. and I am not to sure what that s about just yet.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Good idea on this poll. It definitely seems to be more frequent in the 6MT, not sure how many CVT owners are on here. However, my son has a '23 CVT so it is really easy to feel the differences in steering. I haven't had the sticking in my 6MT addressed since it doesn't happen until warmed up and I have a feeling service would send me away unless doing it right then.

Integration

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra MT A Spec
The percentages in the poll probably reflect the percentage of MT vs CVT cars sold. It seems it's across both types. It's a little concerning to see how often it's seen in the '24 model. I wonder which steering rack part is used in the '24?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Who's ITS has this issue?
NM..
@CatBus what issues are you seeing