• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power steering question

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Agree. My ITS is also tuned but I have not dynoed it so I don’t know the hp and torque improvement. However when I put the M3 on Sport+ and used the launch control, I know I will never accelerate that fast with the ITS. I know the RS3 is not as fast as the M3 but it is pretty close. And even though I have driven manual cars since I was 13 (born in Asia so everything was manuals), I don’t think I can change gears that fast to compete with those smooth/precise automatic. Lastly, with the added power in the tuned ITS, I felt more wheel hops during launch especially with map 1, even with the Ps4S in good road/weather conditions. I have the PRL RMM, which hopefully will reduce the hops, but still too cold and too lazy to install it.
I’ve noticed the PRL RMM did much better with the oem wheels/tires than the DWS06+ in 18’s. I’m hoping it’s due to the cold also, but will be able to tell better in a month or two.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I forgot you were tuned, totally different story. You might have taken him.

It's haughty for me to sit here and preach about street racing but it's just not something I think about any more.
I’m hoping that with getting into actual tracking finally that I can put the street stuff behind me also & not think about it. I’m too old for that by now anyway & should be more wise. 😄

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yeah, 380 whp / 3200 lbs is pretty quick. From a roll, in good conditions, he's actually got a pretty decent chance. That said, regardless of how good you are with a manual, that auto trans will make a fool of you in a drag race.
100%. I don’t wanna risk powertrain issues & mess with drag racing either. I definitely would’ve chose a different vehicle for that, too. If the kids were grown I may have went a totally different route like GT350 or Blackwing. But the practicality is really a cool thing in a fun vehicle with the ITS! Plus having something you don’t see often on the road too.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have yet to see another ITS around here, on the road or parked.
Are you on FB? I’m not a fan of it really, but it’s how I connect to 2 others around here for car shows, cruises, etc. We have private car group chats that I can invite you to if so.