• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

Vivid Apex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 RSX Type-S, 2024 Integra Type-S
Any updates on the drive. I have the same setup on the way now. Performance will see a big decrease , but that’s why we have the other 9 months!
Honestly after 800 miles I've gotten used to it. They are definitely softer and less responsive than OEM, but the car is still incredibly fun to drive!

eric123406109

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2021 RAV4 Prime, 1987 911
Get a set of Conti Extreme Contact DSW's in OEM size and be done with it. Unless you are tracking the car you won't notice a difference. Spend your money on other stuff.
Have you done this? I just ordered these from TR today. (Actually went with the slightly larger 256/35/19). I'm very interested in the noise level change from OEM tires to DSW06

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
We get a lot of snow around here, so I went with a tall and narrow tire for best performance in deep snow and slush.
  • Fast Wheels FC04 Titanium 18x8 +40
  • Continental VikingContact 7 225/45R18
IIRC they weigh in at 43 pounds per corner, vs 53 for the stock setup. The larger outer diameter adds roughly 3/8" of ground clearance.

At this time of the year it can take weeks to get an appointment in a garage, so I bought these online already mounted and balanced so that I could install them myself. Unfortunately, the aftermarket TPMS they use do not sync automatically like the OEM ones. I dropped by a garage and they were able to activate the sensors... for 80 CAD. Hopefully the car will still remember this set of sensors next year, otherwise they'll end up costing me a lot more than the OEM sensors.

Wide stance looks a bit weird from the rear with these narrow tires!

IMG_6389.jpeg

IMG_6387.jpeg

DramosRG

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘18 Civic Hatchback ST | ‘24 ITS
We get a lot of snow around here, so I went with a tall and narrow tire for best performance in deep snow and slush.
  • Fast Wheels FC04 Titanium 18x8 +40
  • Continental VikingContact 7 225/45R18
IIRC they weigh in at 43 pounds per corner, vs 53 for the stock setup. The larger outer diameter adds roughly 3/8" of ground clearance.

At this time of the year it can take weeks to get an appointment in a garage, so I bought these online already mounted and balanced so that I could install them myself. Unfortunately, the aftermarket TPMS they use do not sync automatically like the OEM ones. I dropped by a garage and they were able to activate the sensors... for 80 CAD. Hopefully the car will still remember this set of sensors next year, otherwise they'll end up costing me a lot more than the OEM sensors.

Wide stance looks a bit weird from the rear with these narrow tires!

IMG_6389.jpeg

IMG_6387.jpeg
I got the same setup but in Black - mines had a set of Max TPMS. They took a while to sync with the car.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Has anyone determined the torque on the lugs? Earlier in this thread 80 foot pounds was thrown around , but 94 was as well. Just curious what everyone else had landed on. I think the manual says 80

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The CTR Manual is wrong-ish too. the debate has been thrown around on Civic forums too. essentially the fine porint reads "80 lb ft. on cars with a spare tire" or something along those lines. 94 lb ft otherwise, i.e. cars that do not come with a spare tire like ITS and CTR.

I may have some of that wording wrong but that's the just of it if I remember correctly.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Torque spec on wheel lug nuts is 94 lb-ft. I had this same question earlier, but it was several pages back (I don't blame anyone for not looking through this entire thread for just this piece of info): https://www.integraforums.com/forum...heels-fitment-specs.51006/page-11#post-842313

The instructions for the ITS wheels (linked in the post linked above) state 94 lb-ft for torquing the wheel lug nuts which serves as confirmation for the spec. That's good enough for me, anyway.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Any updates on the drive. I have the same setup on the way now. Performance will see a big decrease , but that’s why we have the other 9 months!
Running 275/35/R19 Vredestein Wintrac Pros. So they aren't 18's like you're looking for. I can say however that these tires have tremendous grip and short stopping distance. I'm very happy and impressed with them; this is also speaking from considerably wider tires 275 -> 235

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Hi all,

Some members mentioned vibrations with DWS06+ 265/30/19 on OEM wheels.

Is it a real issue? Did it go away? Did you have to do anything special to resolve it?

eric123406109

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2021 RAV4 Prime, 1987 911
I just had my DWS06+ tires mounted yesterday. I went 265/35/R19. I haven't seen any issues with vibrations. The tech that mounted the tires mentioned that Continentals are some of the "better" tires in terms of being most balanced (i.e. requiring fewer balance weights) relative to the others...

I do have to say that they weren't as quiet as I'd hoped.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Hi all,

Some members mentioned vibrations with DWS06+ 265/30/19 on OEM wheels.

Is it a real issue? Did it go away? Did you have to do anything special to resolve it?
Mine seem to develop flat spots from parking overnight or even at work.
Once you get on the highway they seem to get better. But if your doing highway pulls cold it can be pretty bad.

hypersss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ABP ITS
Does anyone here have experience with "performance" winter tires in a region that gets a good amount of snow?

I'm thinking of the winter tires that dealers offer for BMW M cars or Porsches, like the Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 or Continental Wintercontact TS 860 S, as opposed to the conventional winter tires that most people use in Canada, like the Michelin X-Ice or Continental Vikingcontact.

Considering the character of the car, I'm wondering if making the car more fun on dry/wet pavement might be worth sacrificing some snow/ice performance.

Last edited: