• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Those cross shopping a TLX Type S....

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry
You could get a Kia stinger GT AWD with ~ 30k miles for 32-35k. TLX type S is just not competitive from a price, performance, comfort, standard features, or even reliability standpoint. Looks good from the front though.

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
Each dealership I visited during the search for my ITS at least mentioned I should consider the TLX. I did not consider it for even a second. Completely different machines in my opinion. The TLX is fine, but I think it is in a different category than the ITS.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
The concept TLX Type S back in 2019 got me super excited for the Type S badge.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/acura-type-s-concept-tsx-monterey-car-week/

Sadly they pulled the concept stunt where they outfit the car with things they could never sell, like slim sideview mirrors, oversized rims, hidden door handles and accentuated body lines.

The actual one came out and because my expectations were set based on the drop dead gorgeous concept, I was sorely disappointed by the production version, especially with that weird plastic shield over the radar.

Lost completely interest in the Acura brand again until they hit a homerun with ITS.

Don't get me wrong, the 2024 refresh is definitely much nicer in the looks department but it's still fundamentally flawed when you consider against the ITS.

1) It's about 500lbs too heavy for it's class
2) The interior is poorly optimized with rear leg room and cargo space somehow both less than the Integra despite being bigger in overall size.
3) They don't need to go crazy but the power to weight ratio should target the 10lbs/HP the Integra achieves (~370-380hp after weight reduction)

Everything else is definitely good enough and with those change I think Acura would cover every kind of 4 door enthusiast car buyer properly.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
On the spectrum of grand tourer on one end and pure sports car on the other, neither car is too far to either end, but the TLX Type S seems to lean more towards GT while the ITS leans more pure sports car. Just my $0.02 anyway.

If I needed to take a 5 hour road trip somewhere, the TLX Type S is the one I'd want to get me there and the ITS is the one I'd want when I get there. If I could only pick one though, I'd pick the ITS.

Everyone's needs/tastes are different though. I think both are great cars, but I do agree that the TLX model lineup in general is too heavy. Very comfortable and still relatively agile for its weight though.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I had a Stinger RWD prior to the ITS. It was a great car and I highly recommend it if your after a GT with lots of power and comfort, for that kind of money. With Springs and sways it handled far better than it should have. Was super easy to achieve 475 WHP as well. If I could have both I would have kept it.

MrStip14

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Ebony
I had a 2023 TLX Type S in platinum pearl white with the performance wheel package. I had it from March 23-June-23 and traded it in on an ITS. The Integra is is so much more of a drivers car. The TLX was for lack of a better word…boring. Good car just not made for someone who likes to have fun while driving. The Integra is amazing and it was worth trading for. I didn’t take a big loss on the trade either so it worked out well.
IMG_3004.jpeg
FB_IMG_1700159718797.jpeg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The concept TLX Type S back in 2019 got me super excited for the Type S badge.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/acura-type-s-concept-tsx-monterey-car-week/

Sadly they pulled the concept stunt where they outfit the car with things they could never sell, like slim sideview mirrors, oversized rims, hidden door handles and accentuated body lines.

The actual one came out and because my expectations were set based on the drop dead gorgeous concept, I was sorely disappointed by the production version, especially with that weird plastic shield over the radar.

Lost completely interest in the Acura brand again until they hit a homerun with ITS.

Don't get me wrong, the 2024 refresh is definitely much nicer in the looks department but it's still fundamentally flawed when you consider against the ITS.

1) It's about 500lbs too heavy for it's class
2) The interior is poorly optimized with rear leg room and cargo space somehow both less than the Integra despite being bigger in overall size.
3) They don't need to go crazy but the power to weight ratio should target the 10lbs/HP the Integra achieves (~370-380hp after weight reduction)

Everything else is definitely good enough and with those change I think Acura would cover every kind of 4 door enthusiast car buyer properly.
My god, what happened to this concept??? I definitely missed this one in 2019 while I had my head up Porsche's ass... what a beautiful car.

1706184755592.png

As for what we actually got with the TLX, I don't think its targets are set at the Kia Stinger; that car was sort of an anomaly that offered exceptional capability and design but was limited by its badge. Let's be real here only so many people would cross-shop a Kia with a BMW, which is the true target demographic for cars like the TLX.

In that regard it's great value. I honestly haven't driven a 3 series since ~2016 but that was enough for me. Unless you're getting a "performance version"- at least on the level of M340i- they feel like appliances. There is no "ultimate driving machine" going on anymore with just a basic 3 series, so I feel like the TLX absolutely slaughters that market for people looking to spend ~$55k or so for an above-average performance sedan.

I'd probably take one over an S4, but I'm a bit jaded on Audi right now... after owning an S3, S4, and RS5 I finally just came to the same conclusion that Germans can't make a driver's car unless it's a Porsche.