• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sticky/Jerky Steering issue

perrinaj

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86
Not sure if there’s an answer here- but is this one of those things that’s been caught/is now being addressed in production?

Looking to possibly make a switch over to the integra, but it’s a bit concerning hearing all these cases where it has popped up.

I had a chance to chat with the service rep during one of my test drives and he said he hadn’t really heard of it. Not sure if that was BS or if he was being genuine, but he seemed ok calling out the other issues he has seen with some Acura models.

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
The steering rack part number has changed so I assume all units built since the change have used the new part. Don’t let the issue scare you away. It’s really more of an annoyance that there is a know fix for.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Since I’ve been dealing with this for over 1k miles, I’m looking to tackle this issue once and for all.

I called 3 of my nearby dealers. Two said same part numbers are being used. One said new part number is out.

I did some of my own research. When you google 53620-3S5-A34 (which is what TrackRider54 got installed), a new part number pops up… 53620-3S5-A35. It also states that it replaced the A34 part. Is this what we’ve all been waiting for?

IMG_3599.png

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Made a call to the parts dept, and they say that the one ending in A24 is actually for the manual transmission Integra…which is what I have. There’s no new part number associated with those.

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
Made a call to the parts dept, and they say that the one ending in A24 is actually for the manual transmission Integra…which is what I have. There’s no new part number associated with those.
That is correct. Mine is a CVT.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks Chad. I just confirmed that to also be the case. A24 is for manuals and A34 is for CVT.

When I now googled 53620-3S5-A24, it shows that A25 has replaced it. I called another dealer, and they confirmed the A25 is the new part number for the 6MTs.

Gonna go out to my dealer to get approved for one so that I can get in line for a replacement.

Last edited:

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GONE: ‘23 Integra A-Spec 6MT
I struggle to make sense of the part numbers. My ‘23 6MT (December ‘23 build date) with sticky steering is fitted with an original rack that’s labeled 53600-3S5-A35-M1. (Emphasis added.)

PB24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ASpec wTech Manual
Does anyone have a sense of how long these investigations and the deployment of a solution usually takes? I mostly use my car on the highway, and am not taking it on road trips anymore because it's so exhausting to drive. My wife thinks I should just sell the car and get something else. As time passes, I'm having more and more trouble convincing myself that she's wrong.
Yep… I gave up on the Integra and sold it due to the steering issue. I generally only keep cars for a couple years so an extended period with this issue was frustrating to think about. Was not happy with the seats, the rattles, or the acceleration either so glad to be out of it.

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
Always sad to see someone move on due to a quality issue, but I understand. I had my last car 9 months before I unloaded it.

Luckily my Integra has been flawless other than the steering issue which has been fixed. At 6’5” the car has plenty of room for me and the seats are great. Much better than my previous car and even my wife’s Mazda CX-5.

Fuel economy has been amazing….mid to upper 30’s in mixed driving.

I really can’t complain.

jdrinboston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec w/ Tech CVT
I'll chime in here... I have about 13k miles on my '23 Integra and noticed the "sticky" wheel around 10,500k. Brought the car to the dealership this morning (11/29) and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem. They reset the LKAS system and told me to drive around with it disabled for a while to see if I noticed a difference. So far, wheel still sticks. I already have an appointment on Dec. 29 to fix an issue with my traffic sign recognition, so I'll push the issue further then. I also just filed National Highway Safety report on the issue. Hopefully the issue doesn't escalate beyond a minor annoyance, but it seems I am going to need to keep on the dealer to get this fixed.

An update to my issue, in mid January, I brought my Teggy back into the dealership for a second time and thankfully, they were able to duplicate the issue. Took a few weeks to get the backordered part, buy by end of February, they took the car in - gave me a loaner TLX (not the car for me btw) and within two days, my Integra was back and good as new. Been steering perfectly since and I'm back to being in love with my car again!

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
my Integra was back and good as new. Been steering perfectly since and I'm back to being in love with my car again!
That's been my experience. The new steering rack made the steering better all around, not simply just getting rid of the sticky issue.

For the money, it's an absolutely fantastic car. Handles well, comfortable, fuel efficient, and has a killer stereo. My commute to work takes me down some twisty back roads that I get to enjoy every day.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
I noticed all the symptoms for a bit and got worried.

Worth trying... try utilizing the whole steering radius (fast and full lock left/right) during your drives. I had a couple days where I had to do the most K / U-turns in my life and steering feels smooth and responsive like when I bought it. It may be a coincidence, but it's been good for a couple weeks now.

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GONE: ‘23 Integra A-Spec 6MT
My service advisor told me to check in if I haven’t heard from him in a week or two, so I just did. He said the part is backordered until September. Might be able to get it pulled up as early as June. Yay!

I think I’m done with this car and with Acura. Soon as I figure out what else I want, I’m getting rid of it.