• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Steering slightly crooked

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
Just picked up my ITS from Columbia Acura and driving home to WI. Noticed steering wheel ever so slightly off to the left. Driving me crazy….Anyone else have this issue?

Factory wheel, so not accessory install error. Maybe alignment off?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just picked up my ITS from Columbia Acura and driving home to WI. Noticed steering wheel ever so slightly off to the left. Driving me crazy….Anyone else have this issue?

Factory wheel, so not accessory install error. Maybe alignment off?
I haven't noticed it on mine. It's a easy fix for the seller to do and alignment and fix.

OP
OP

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
Yea I was already in route to WI and not turning around. I’d imagine any of the WI Acura dealers would fix under warranty right?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yea I was already in route to WI and not turning around. I’d imagine any of the WI Acura dealers would fix under warranty right?
Yeah, it's a factory defect. Also not the first time I've heard of this, on a factory installed wheel.

I just noticed today my horn doesn't work, but I did get the heated wheel. No misalignment, but... horn doesn't work. Lol.

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
I posted about this in another thread. Mine is the accessory wheel but it was also off to the left. Took it in this week. Service dept corrected the alignment and it seems to be ok now. Interestingly I was discussing this with a friend of mine who's a "car guy" he was not convinced it was related to the accessory wheel install.

danielrs

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
My ITS seems to have the same issue, 1-2 degrees in the counter-clockwise direction. I tried to take the steering wheel out and adjust at the steering column shaft, but each "tooth" moves the wheel 4-5 degrees. So I just left it like that.

Keep in mind the steering wheel will have a different "straight" position depending on the road too, so if you're driving on an incline the vehicle will naturally curve due to gravity, and you have to counter-adjust for the vehicle to go straight.

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
My factory wheel is also tilted to the left a few degrees. Most noticeable while driving straight on the highway. Mentioned it to my dealer and they were supposed to align the car after my accessories were installed. Never got done :rolleyes1:

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Mine is also a little bit to the left, but I’ll live with it. I’ve had too many bad experiences with dealer warranty service to take a chance. My alignment could end up worse, or they could put damage on my car in another way. Also my car‘s paint is corrected, don’t want to take a chance on them washing it. I had to polish out a bunch of scratches and swirl marks when I got the car.

Yato

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Soon
My factory steering wheel is also a little to the left. Doesn’t bother me much, thankfully.

Cto

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G01 X3
Same thing with my ITS. Steering slightly off to the left since day 1. Finally took it to the dealership. They test drove the car and acknowledged that it’s off. Did an alignment, no charge. Funny thing was after the alignment, the steering wheel was off the the right. Went back and did it again by their senior tech. Again, no charge.
However, the SA said alignment is normally not covered but because I only have 1600 km on the car they are able to cover it 🤷🏻‍♂️

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Mine with the A-Spec is about 2 degrees to the right. My dealer has not been able to address, gave all sorts of excuses.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
mine off as well, slightly left. if driving in a left lane, on a multi lane road, then it's straight. LOL.

I'll eventually have my mechanic due an alignment. He let's me sit in the car while he's doing it so I can get the steering whell exactly where it looks straight to me.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
mine off as well, slightly left. if driving in a left lane, on a multi lane road, then it's straight. LOL.

I'll eventually have my mechanic due an alignment. He let's me sit in the car while he's doing it so I can get the steering whell exactly where it looks straight to me.
It depends on the machine and setup. If your guy us good and knows his machine, you should be good. I have experienced a few issues with steering alignment and old/poorly maintained machines when I was in the field. Ymmv though