• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare Tire

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Will this kit work on the type S?
Different bolt pattern.
Also spare tire recess in the Type S is smaller and no mounting point for the spare

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So the only option for ITS is the fill up kit.
Some placed a spare from another model, an Accord maybe, but just layed it in the trunk since it won't fit under the floor.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Accord won't fit!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Jcm23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra ASpec 6MT, '10 TL SHAWD 6MT
The OEM kit is still impossible to obtain. Tried 5-6 online OEM parts outlets, and each time my order gets cancelled in a few days because the parts are backordered with no ETA. Very frustrating.

Dairyshick

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6spd
The OEM kit is still impossible to obtain. Tried 5-6 online OEM parts outlets, and each time my order gets cancelled in a few days because the parts are backordered with no ETA. Very frustrating.
After asking my local dealer for months and being told it's on backorder, I went ahead and placed an order for it through them anyway, and it arrived less than two weeks later. I would suggest trying that at your local Acura/Honda dealership, and maybe you'll have similar luck. Downside was I had to pay for it upfront, but they were very easy to work with and ensured me they'd refund me if I got sick of waiting.

Jcm23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks. I think that's my next step. Good to hear you had success.

Do you mind saying what the cost was for the kit?

Dairyshick

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks. I think that's my next step. Good to hear you had success.

Do you mind saying what the cost was for the kit?
I paid $202.38 (after tax) for the kit. I know I've seen it cheaper online, but probably not by much after shipping and handling, and that's assuming it ever arrived at all.

I got the spare tire through tire rack (Continental SContact t125/80r-17) : $131.65

Mounting was $25

I'll try to remember to take pics this weekend of the trunk tray & accessories it comes with...and the tire/wheel all mounted.

Last edited:

Jcm23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I paid $202.38 (after tax) for the kit. I know I've seen it cheaper online, but probably not by much after shipping and handling, and that's assuming it ever arrived at all.

I got the spare tire through tire rack (Continental SContact t125/80r-17) : $131.65

Mounting was $25

I'll try to remember to take pics this weekend of the trunk tray & accessories it comes with...and the tire/wheel all mounted.

Thanks much. I greatly appreciate it. I agree with you; any savings online is probably offset by shipping and, as I've found, total lack of availability through the usual online parts places.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Picked it up at the local dealer to me, special ordered it. Came in 5 days later. Thankfully, I work at a repair shop so was able to pick it up at wholesale price 😅.

I also got the spare tire through tire rack, since the tire at the dealer was more than the kit itself.

Dairyshick

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Picked it up at the local dealer to me, special ordered it. Came in 5 days later. Thankfully, I work at a repair shop so was able to pick it up at wholesale price 😅.

I also got the spare tire through tire rack, since the tire at the dealer was more than the kit itself.
Yeah, same with my dealer; they only offered me the Maxxus spare tire, which was about $230....pretty ridiculous for a dinky donut tire! I'm not sure why they didn't have access to the Continental I got on tire rack.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT

Mounting was $25

Yeah $200 for the whole kit (wheel, tools, tool tray) is solid. I bought mine piecemeal since the kit was backordered so long. Shipping for just the wheel and tray (heavy+bulky and bulky) was $53 for my order. I ended up paying about $400 for everything in the kit, then about 160 for the same tire with mounting locally.

If the kit is in-stock and shipping now anyone who wants it can probably order the kit from dreamshop (Acura accessory number 06421-3S5-A10) and have it shipped to your dealer for pickup. Looks like the price varies based on the dealer, but should be $170-200. Then take it to a tire shop for the Continental SContact.

OP
OP
2006rsx

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX. Also owned a 1998 GS-R
Accord won't fit!
I bought a never used accord wheel and with a goodyear tire from a salvage yard for 75.00. the bolt pattern fits. Is there something you know that I don't?
Also, it fits perfectly in the wheel well. you just have to buy the foam cover from Acura to make it all lay flat.

Jcm23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Many thanks to all who provided great info for this thread. I'm a tire away from finally having the complete kit for our A Spec. I bought a mix of OEM parts and a few ebay finds (jack/tool kit and new OEM wheel) after repeated strikeouts with the back ordered full spare kit. If they are becoming available now at the dealers, buyinhg the full kit is clearly the way to go, but I got tired of waiting.

Like Leehro, I'm going to see if the spacers are really necessary before I purchase them. Buying three pieces of foam with sticky tape for $78 is not very appealing to me.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Continental vs. Maxxis spare tire? The latter is $100 more than the Conti. Worth it for something I hope to never use?