• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare Tire

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Many thanks to all who provided great info for this thread. I'm a tire away from finally having the complete kit for our A Spec. I bought a mix of OEM parts and a few ebay finds (jack/tool kit and new OEM wheel) after repeated strikeouts with the back ordered full spare kit. If they are becoming available now at the dealers, buyinhg the full kit is clearly the way to go, but I got tired of waiting.

Like Leehro, I'm going to see if the spacers are really necessary before I purchase them. Buying three pieces of foam with sticky tape for $78 is not very appealing to me.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Continental vs. Maxxis spare tire? The latter is $100 more than the Conti. Worth it for something I hope to never use?
Save your money get the Continental. No donut should cost close to the cost of a pilot sport 4 tire lol.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I bought a never used accord wheel and with a goodyear tire from a salvage yard for 75.00. the bolt pattern fits. Is there something you know that I don't?
Also, it fits perfectly in the wheel well. you just have to buy the foam cover from Acura to make it all lay flat.
Accord tire will fit on the regular Integra, but won't on the Type S.

Also, the wheel well is not the same shape on the regular Integra and on the Type S.

There is another thread on the Type S forum section for a spare tire. Might have mixed the two threads, my bad.

CB750 rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 06 Five-Hundred, 2011 Express
Many thanks to all who provided great info for this thread. I'm a tire away from finally having the complete kit for our A Spec. I bought a mix of OEM parts and a few ebay finds (jack/tool kit and new OEM wheel) after repeated strikeouts with the back ordered full spare kit. If they are becoming available now at the dealers, buyinhg the full kit is clearly the way to go, but I got tired of waiting.

Like Leehro, I'm going to see if the spacers are really necessary before I purchase them. Buying three pieces of foam with sticky tape for $78 is not very appealing to me.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Continental vs. Maxxis spare tire? The latter is $100 more than the Conti. Worth it for something I hope to never use?
I just bought a kit from my Acura dealer, had the Continental put on, and installed it. My kit came with two sets of the miscellaneous bits (door jam sticker, wheel sticker, funnel, foam spacers, valve stem, and the wheel hold down bolt / hub spacer). If you or anyone else wants the extra bag o' goodies, let me know and I'll send it out to you.

Edit: I'm sending this out to Jcm23.

Last edited:

Jcm23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra ASpec 6MT, '10 TL SHAWD 6MT
I just bought a kit from my Acura dealer, had the Continental put on, and installed it. My kit came with two sets of the miscellaneous bits (door jam sticker, wheel sticker, funnel, foam spacers, valve stem, and the wheel hold down bolt / hub spacer). If you or anyone else wants the extra bag o' goodies, let me know and I'll send it out to you.
Thanks. Just sent you a DM. I'm interested in the goodies.

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech

Edit: I'm sending this out to Jcm23.
So the Temporary spare kit from Acura comes with a jack, a lug nut tool, anchor to hold down the wheel, a funnel, the foam tray and even includes a valve stem? I am planning to buy the kit and get a tire for and don't want to buy a valve stem if it comes with it.

Last edited:

CB750 rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So the Temporary spare kit from Acura comes with a jack, a lug nut tool, anchor to hold down the wheel, a funnel, the foam tray and even includes a valve stem? I am planning to buy the kit and get a tire for and don't want to buy a valve stem if it comes with it.
Yes, the kit #06421-3S5-A10 comes with everything you mentioned, plus a sticker for the wheel, rubber-foam pads for the wheel well area, and a new tire pressure sticker for the driver's door jam.

I bought a Continental tire from the local tire shop. Their mounting fee includes a basic valve stem and wheel weights.

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
Yes, the kit #06421-3S5-A10 comes with everything you mentioned, plus a sticker for the wheel, rubber-foam pads for the wheel well area, and a new tire pressure sticker for the driver's door jam.

I bought a Continental tire from the local tire shop. Their mounting fee includes a basic valve stem and wheel weights.
I guess going this route is a safe bet, so pretty much the kit is ~130 + shipping and the tire is the same price + tax and mount and balance. So around ~$300 total?

Any instructions were included with the kit? I am mainly interested to know where do these "rubber/foam pads go in the wheel well area. On my other cars some were applied to the area where a wheel would be sitting, others were applied to the area where a wall of the tire would touch the floor.

CB750 rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I guess going this route is a safe bet, so pretty much the kit is ~130 + shipping and the tire is the same price + tax and mount and balance. So around ~$300 total?

Any instructions were included with the kit? I am mainly interested to know where do these "rubber/foam pads go in the wheel well area. On my other cars some were applied to the area where a wheel would be sitting, others were applied to the area where a wall of the tire would touch the floor.
My kit was ~$240 and the tire was ~$130 plus mount and balance and tax brought the whole thing to just over $400...

Below is an image of where I put the foam stickers. That was my best guess about where they should go. The rest was pretty obvious.

1000002587.jpg

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I found a single OEM gen 1 TSX rim for sale. 215/50/17x7+55. Fits perfect. Secured with this screw https://a.co/d/1YdzalQ and bought a scissor jack from amazon. I always carry a ratchet set and torque wrench in my car.
IMG_0093.jpeg
IMG_0095.jpeg
IMG_0096.jpeg
71761373164__77DA3EE8-5BA2-4774-9B58-672BAA5550A0.jpeg

Last edited:

Audio79

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 99
I found a single OEM gen 1 TSX rim for sale. 215/50/17x7+55. Fits perfect. Secured with this screw https://a.co/d/1YdzalQ and bought a scissor jack from amazon. I always carry a ratchet set and torque wrench in my car.
IMG_0093.jpeg
IMG_0095.jpeg
IMG_0096.jpeg
71761373164__77DA3EE8-5BA2-4774-9B58-672BAA5550A0.jpeg
Do this fit over the front brakes caliper or just the rear ?

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I didn't test it lol. BUT someone else bought 17x7 full tire spare and it fit fine I just assume it does here too haha.

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
either way, if your front goes out it's better to swap a rear into the front so the overall diameter is equal and then stick the spare into the rear

Omega

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
foam_insert.jpg
insert_bottom.jpg

I got the foam insert for the spare
Was yours flushed once you put your spare and foam on and laid the carpet down? Mine sticks up a bit. Was just curious if you or anyone had theirs stick up a little. I got the kit from the dealer and continental?

Last edited:

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
Was yours flushed once you put your spare and foam on and laid the carpet down? Mine sticks up a bit. Was just curious if you or anyone had theirs stick up a little. I got the kit from the dealer and continental?
Mine was not flush as well. I had to readjust my spare so the foam can sit flush. Try to wiggle your spare around and then put the foam back on. Should sit flush if you did it corrctly