• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare Tire

OP
OP
2006rsx

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX. Also owned a 1998 GS-R
I think you are missing an important piece. The cover for the wheel well. it runs about $100.00.
Did you ever receive this order for the components?

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Thanks for taking the time to measure. You are correct that the 17" refers to the tire diameter. I am not sure what you are referring to about "offset". Because I had read here and other places about the front brake being larger than the rear, I tested the compact spare I purchased to make sure it would work on the front. I mounted it and it spun freely. but there is only 1/4" clearance between the brake caliper (the area in your picture where the 3 is on the ruler) and the inside of the wheel.
Offset refers to the backspacing of the face of the wheel from the center. It is an important number to use when ensuring a wheel will fit.

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
84545-3S5-A10. Perfectly flush cargo floor, because it dove tails into the spare tire, which in my case is although not the exact part number but is still exactly the same 17x4T size from the Accord.

Iqofone2002

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-Spec w Tech CVT White over Wh
Okay, that didn't go well. My somewhat miscalibrated eyeball was correct, although to be fair it's so far off Dare Devil could have seen it.

52624527052_bac41ef7cc_b.jpg

I sent them an email asking for a shipping a shipping label to return it and for a refund. Let's see what happens.

The day wasn't a total loss, though. One of the things that bugged me about this car was that there was no way to prop up the hatch floor to get to the tray underneath it, or where I had hoped my spare tire would live. In a burst of inspiration, I grabbed an old shoe lace and Robert was almost immediately a sibling of one of my parents.

52625290869_18abfecd9c_b.jpg

52625290879_2f0daa90a0_b.jpg

The string is hidden by my TuxMat. Visible only for the picture.
Do you have a pic of the tuxmat cargo liner? I installed the mats today but cargo liner was ot available, just will alert by email when it is.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Do you have a pic of the tuxmat cargo liner? I installed the mats today but cargo liner was ot available, just will alert by email when it is.
I do not have a pic of the cargo mat, but I can get one later today. Standby...

joshbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 6MT
thanks for your detailed info. I tried a compact spare. it fit the car, and drove ok. My only concern is the clearance on the front brake is very small. Did you happen to put your hand in there to see how much room there is between the brake caliper and the wheel?
Not supposed to drive with it on the front, if you get a flag on the front you are to swap a rear wheel to the front and put the spare on the back. Different diameters will mess up the transmission, it is in the manual.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Not supposed to drive with it on the front, if you get a flag on the front you are to swap a rear wheel to the front and put the spare on the back. Different diameters will mess up the transmission, it is in the manual.
It could damage the LSD is what you mean.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Do you have a source for that info? I've seen it mentioned online before but I've read through the manual and there's nothing in there about that. The section about using a compact spare tire shows replacing the front driver-side tire with the compact spare. The only thing they tell you not to do in the front is put chains on a spare:

Do not mount tire chains on a compact spare tire.
If a chain-mounted front tire goes flat, remove one of the full-size rear tires and replace it with the compact spare tire. Remove the flat front tire and replace it with the full-size tire that was removed from the rear. Mount the tire chains on the front tire.

smith365

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Hello
Does the spare tire size listed here matter between the 17 and 18 inch tires on the Trim levels?