• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare Tire

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
I was really happy with the spare tire kit I bought from Modern Spare for my Buick Regal, so I am very interested in this option for my Integra.

When you try to put in under the hatch floor, would you be willing to post two pictures here, one showing what is seen in the spare tire well with the tire and other gear in place when the hatch floor is up, and a second pic showing the hatch floor down in its normal place?

I will when I come back into town on Monday

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Has anyone looked into buying a spare? its crazy that the space is there, but they don't include it...
Was thinking of getting one from a salvage yard. I'm would think one from a Civic would fit...
Spare tire kits are an extra item on many cars now. Same with 30K Mustangs and 90K Shelby's. My Bullitt has space for a spare but it just has a piece of foam, and a can of runflat.

OP
OP
2006rsx

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX. Also owned a 1998 GS-R
Hi everyone. I have mounted the spare and the tire changing kit from my 2019 Accord under the hatch tray. Fits perfectly, all tools work as designed. there is a very slight flex to the tray, but as long as you're not putting huge weight back there it should hold up fine. Tire seems to be right size too. If you're looking for other options.
Great news. Now I can see if the salvage yards have the jack!

OP
OP
2006rsx

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi everyone. I have mounted the spare and the tire changing kit from my 2019 Accord under the hatch tray. Fits perfectly, all tools work as designed. there is a very slight flex to the tray, but as long as you're not putting huge weight back there it should hold up fine. Tire seems to be right size too. If you're looking for other options.
What size is your spare?

daveyp225

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Jeep Patriot, 2023 Integra A-spec, 6MT
I'm unfortunately considering purchasing the, probably after shipping and taxes, nearly $600 spare kit posted here. Has anyone used it, are there any "reviews" out there that cover the important bits?

Will an 18" 2023 civic spare tire work okay?

Last edited:
OP
OP
2006rsx

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First Name
Johnny B
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra (tech/A-spec/6-speed)
135/80/R17 is the spare from the accord. saw that listed on this site somewhere as ok I think. bolt pattern is the same. fits perfectly with the top kit spun around backwards

integra spare.jpg

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
this kit lists a different tire than the one I have on tire rack: T125/70R18 vs (TR)125/80R17.
I wonder if the listed bolt pattern from this kit (5Ă—114.3MM) is correct
You brought up a good point. I went to my Acura dealership to install some accessories and i had the tech take off a the regular wheel /tire and install the spare wheel/tire that I got from Modern Spare.Com. The tech said he was very impressed with it and it is much better than a regular spare tire/wheel normally supplied by the auto company. So I appreciate the point you brought up and I feel better having the tech do a little test installation of the spare tire/wheel. Thanks!!

OP
OP
2006rsx

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, thanks to all the info the community has supplied, I am working on an inexpensive solution to the spare issue. It turns out, there are many cars that have the correct bolt pattern for the spare. I only have left to figure which ones have the correct bore,,,,

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
135/80/R17 is the spare from the accord. saw that listed on this site somewhere as ok I think. bolt pattern is the same. fits perfectly with the top kit spun around backwards

integra spare.jpg
What car is that tray from?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
OP
OP
2006rsx

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

integra spare.jpg
Thanks for the pic! Does the carpet lay flat with the tool kit top?

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Gotta say I’m liking this idea of the kit from a 2019 accord over $500 on the modern spare. Have you put it on the car?