• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare Tire Kit

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
With the LSD, it is better to have a full size on the front anyway... (or both front wheels/tires the same)
I wonder how much difference is too much? Here's a real world example:

Let's say you have two rear tires, same wheels, same tire, but one has been in use for 10k miles and the other 15k. (Due to a flat 10k miles ago that forced you to toss one)

That's ok for the rear, but when it comes time to rotate the tires is that ok for the front?

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I wonder how much difference is too much? Here's a real world example:

Let's say you have two rear tires, same wheels, same tire, but one has been in use for 10k miles and the other 15k. (Due to a flat 10k miles ago that forced you to toss one)

That's ok for the rear, but when it comes time to rotate the tires is that ok for the front?
Don't know!

I'll try to keep them as similar as possible. When you rotate tires, you shouldn't get an old front and an old rear on the fronts. Should get the two rears on front and two fronts on rear anyway!

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Interesting. I forgot about the brake calipers. I went ahead and got the a spec wheel kit. 06421-3S5-A10. Just got it and it comes with Jack/spare/foam topper that will allow the spare to fit. You would just have to fit the spare in the back and roll a tire up front if you have a blowout for one of the front wheels.
[/QUOTE .
where did you order the spare tire kit from? it is for the A spec right?
I know it will only fit the rear, but for now, I think it is the best solution, beats not carrying any spare

OP
OP
Needs3Pedals

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
I know it will only fit the rear, but for now, I think it is the best solution, beats not carrying any spare
A spec has a different bolt pattern. It won’t fit a type s

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Read the whole thread. Youhave 2 solutions explained in detail if you want a spare tire...

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ok, ill go back.
Precision: on this thread, you'll find my solution, and a link to another thread which another solution is provided by another forum member. These 2 options are for a smaller spare tire.

There are other solutions: full size spare, or the modern spare. Both these option will take more room in the trunk.

Hope you find something that meets your needs and that'll make you happy!

Ilyam5

First Name
Ilia
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M4, x3m, civic si
What is the torque spec for spare rl tire with rl nuts. 80 lb? Stock wheels are 94 lb

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Should be 94. Normally torque should be the same for the same thread/material. Since both are 14x1.5, and the studs are obviously the same...