• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare Tire Kit

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Would deflating the spare reduce the remaining (~1.5 in?) floor board gap by perhaps a half inch or maybe even a full inch? 🧐

I typically carry a tire inflator in my vehicles anyway.
I would not think so because of the height of the wheel...

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dan,

Does the RL spare fit on the ITS front also, or only on the rear wheel?

TIA
No, only the rear. It is written in one of the post.

If you have a flat in the front, you replace a rear wheel with the spare, then put the rear wheel in the front. A bit more work, but at least you're not stranded on the side of the road.

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I have the spare tire kit, that I bought for my FK8, and the spare sits about the same.

I am going to try and deflate first. to see of it makes a difference. If not, maybe some foam strips on either side before putting the trunk tray back in.

No ideal, but I prefer a proper spare.
Would you happen to have the part number for the spare tire kit? Thanks!

scooter

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I bought my spare tire kit from them. It does fit nicely. Fortunately, I've never had to use it.
Thanks for the response, I am waiting on mine and was wondering if anyone had verified if it worked as advertised, which is to say wheel will fit over front caliper., etc.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
No, only the rear. It is written in one of the post.

If you have a flat in the front, you replace a rear wheel with the spare, then put the rear wheel in the front. A bit more work, but at least you're not stranded on the side of the road.
Trying to think through this scenario. Just jack the car up enough to get both wheels off at the same time? Definitely do-able with a good jack I guess.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trying to think through this scenario. Just jack the car up enough to get both wheels off at the same time? Definitely do-able with a good jack I guess.
In the car, I only have a small scissor jack. So in case of a flat in the front, lift the rear, put the spare there, then lift the front and replace the wheel. Two times the job in case of a front flat, but I might live that scenario like one or two times during the life of the car? Not so bad... At least I'm not stranded by the side of the road!

thui001

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra type S

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Interesting. I forgot about the brake calipers. I went ahead and got the a spec wheel kit. 06421-3S5-A10. Just got it and it comes with Jack/spare/foam topper that will allow the spare to fit. You would just have to fit the spare in the back and roll a tire up front if you have a blowout for one of the front wheels.
So, the Integra spare tire kit will work on the rear of the Type S?

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
definitely not. entirely, different bolt patterns. ITS is 5x120, while the base integra is 5x114
I really hope someone comes out with a decent solution pretty soon, I really hate not having a spare.