• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare Tire Kit

scooter

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I am not a commissioned salesperson for Modern Spare but could not wait on Acura any longer. Hopefully there will be an OEM solution someday?

IMG_8159.jpeg

Reactions: RMA

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I think they are all the same.
I found one one ebay for a 2012 which is the last year for the RL for about a 100 bucks. Not bad, but I'm a bit concerned about 12+ year old rubber. Do you know if anyone still sells that size tire new?

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I found one one ebay for a 2012 which is the last year for the RL for about a 100 bucks. Not bad, but I'm a bit concerned about 12+ year old rubber. Do you know if anyone still sells that size tire new?
I think mine was a 2008. I replaced the tire with one of the same size as it is the same dimension (overall diameter) as the ITS wheel/tire. Waited for the tire for about 6 months to receive it (bought local).

But when I bought it, Tirerack had some in stock.

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I think mine was a 2008. I replaced the tire with one of the same size as it is the same dimension (overall diameter) as the ITS wheel/tire. Waited for the tire for about 6 months to receive it (bought local).

But when I bought it, Tirerack had some in stock.
Thanks! Got the tire specs by any chance?

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
See post #42.
Hey @Frenzal sorry to bother you again bud. I remember you mentioned the OEM lug nuts wouldn't work, but to go with the stock RL lug nuts.

When I do an Amazon search for RL lug nuts I get back a bunch of generic results. Do you know what type of lug nut shape/spec I need to look for?

For example, this description is from one of the results:
SmartSelect_20240113_085622_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edit: I think I found the part number
Part No.: 90304-SJA-A91
Screenshot_20240113_103351_Chrome.jpg

Thanks again my man

Last edited:

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Hey @Frenzal sorry to bother you again bud. I remember you mentioned the OEM lug nuts wouldn't work, but to go with the stock RL lug nuts.

When I do an Amazon search for RL lug nuts I get back a bunch of generic results. Do you know what type of lug nut shape/spec I need to look for?

For example, this description is from one of the results:
SmartSelect_20240113_085622_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thanks again my man
The one on the right in the above picture. I posted pictures of the lugs themselves (see post #55).

Bought the 5 lugs from NAPA (canadian auto parts store) asking for Acura RL lug nuts. They were exactly what fits the RL spare tire and the thread is OK for the ITS studs (M14x1.5). I keep them with the spare in the trunk.

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
The one on the right in the above picture. I posted pictures of the lugs themselves (see post #55).

Bought the 5 lugs from NAPA (canadian auto parts store) asking for Acura RL lug nuts. They were exactly what fits the RL spare tire and the thread is OK for the ITS studs (M14x1.5). I keep them with the spare in the trunk.
Perfect. I updated my previous post with the part number. I'll leave it up for anyone that's planning to go this route.

BTW I decided to try this method out as well. I'll be able to do a sorta side to side comparison post between the two suggested solutions hopefully.

Thanks again good sir!

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Thanks to this thread and especially @Frenzal, I took a similar path for the spare. Got an RL rim on ebay for $68 shipped and bought a tire for $115. I bought a Nissan spare tire bracket (part number 74588-ET030) that I used body panel adhesive on to stick to the spare tire pan, as well as a spare tire screw bolt adapter. Also bought the required lug nuts (doorman part number 611-278), jack and wrench kit. In all it was around $360, and I feel better about driving with a real spare tire. Load floor is raised about an inch or so, but doesn't bother me.

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
Thanks to this thread and especially @Frenzal, I took a similar path for the spare. Got an RL rim on ebay for $68 shipped and bought a tire for $115. I bought a Nissan spare tire bracket (part number 74588-ET030) that I used body panel adhesive on to stick to the spare tire pan, as well as a spare tire screw bolt adapter. Also bought the required lug nuts (doorman part number 611-278), jack and wrench kit. In all it was around $360, and I feel better about driving with a real spare tire. Load floor is raised about an inch or so, but doesn't bother me.
Please remind me - does the RL spare wheel also work on the ITS front? Or do you have to swap with a back wheel if you get a flat in front?

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It will only fit the rear with the RL wheel.