• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare Tire Kit

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
I’ve always had really bad luck with punctures and just want a spare. I went over accessories that I wanted for my reserved ABP (delivery next week) and the “parts guy” at the dealer said the spare tire kit wouldn’t work and wasn’t available for the type S.

I assume they are mistaken (acknowledging that different diameter tires are an issue with LSD-which has the obvious workaround).

Any real reason why the spare kit couldn’t work with a type s? Is there no well for a donut like there is on normal integras?

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
He probably wanted to say that it won't fit in front (won't clear the ITS calipers). Seems there is no spare tire kit out yet, neither for CTR (FL5) or ITS. Some say the FK8 kit will fit (the tire), but the trunk lid won't as it is made for the FK8.

What I did: Bought a used RL spare on ebay for 200$. It is a 17" wheel, so it won't clear the front caliper. Should fit in the rear (there is a guy who did it and tested it on his FL5 CTR - see video at bottom). The overall wheel diameter is similar to the ITS OE wheels. I already had a spare jack/tool kit. Will buy the right socket and a ratchet for the lug nuts.

EDIT: You'll also need 5 Acura RL lug nuts for the spare as it needs something else than the ball seat regular Honda/Acura lug nuts. See post #55 in this topic.

Now I can't say how it'll fit in the ITS trunk as I don't have my car yet. But from what I saw on the FL5, you'll lose a bit of trunk depth. And you'll need to level up the trunk lid (put some foam under it in some places).

Another point I saw on the FL5, is that the OE cargo mat won't fit great if you put a spare in the trunk. If that option interest you, I would wait until I put a spare in the trunk before buying it.

But as you, I don't want to drive a car without a spare! So this is I did for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Needs3Pedals

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
He probably wanted to say that it won't fit in front (won't clear the ITS calipers). Seems there is no spare tire kit out yet, neither for CTR (FL5) or ITS. Some say the FK8 kit will fit (the tire), but the trunk lid won't as it is made for the FK8.

What I did: Bought a used RL spare on ebay for 200$. It is a 17" wheel, so it won't clear the front caliper. Should fit in the rear (there is a guy who did it and tested it on his FL5 CTR - see video at bottom). The overall wheel diameter is similar to the ITS OE wheels. I already had a spare jack/tool kit. Will buy the right socket and a ratchet for the lug nuts.

Now I can't say how it'll fit in the ITS trunk as I don't have my car yet. But from what I saw on the FL5, you'll lose a bit of trunk depth. And you'll need to level up the trunk lid (put some foam under it in some places).

Another point I saw on the FL5, is that the OE cargo mat won't fit great if you put a spare in the trunk. If that option interest you, I would wait until I put a spare in the trunk before buying it.

But as you, I don't want to drive a car without a spare! So this is I did for now.

Ah! The caliper clearance. Good to know. Thanks for the reply. I will cobble together something that will fit as you did. I’m anxious to see ITS and FL5 workarounds as more of these things are in the road.

4ourth

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Interesting. I forgot about the brake calipers. I went ahead and got the a spec wheel kit. 06421-3S5-A10. Just got it and it comes with Jack/spare/foam topper that will allow the spare to fit. You would just have to fit the spare in the back and roll a tire up front if you have a blowout for one of the front wheels.

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
The Alex on Autos review gave a brief look under the trunk tray and it appears that that there is no threaded receiver to ratchet down the spare tire while it's in the trunk.

1687364218415.png

Last edited:

4ourth

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
That would certainly hinder things! I’ll check my car at the next break and update…spare tire kit may be going back if so!

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It would be cool if someone who can test drive one (or see one in the showroom), just have a look and picture of the trunk under the tray and under the inflator kit.

I would be deceived if Acura didn't put anything under there to secure a spare. Especially as the spare kit would be another accessory sold by dealers!

4ourth

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
I have a type s and just checked. There is no threaded receiver and the area is raised to not even fit a spare. Spare tire kit is going back. You would lose storage space and the floor would be uneven.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Another thought: Isn't the regular Integra bolt pattern 5x114.3? The type S is supposed to be 5x120.

Then any regular Integra spare won't fit... The RL bolt pattern is 5x120.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a type s and just checked. There is no threaded receiver and the area is raised to not even fit a spare. Spare tire kit is going back. You would lose storage space and the floor would be uneven.
What a bummer! This is so stupid!

OP
OP
Needs3Pedals

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What a bummer! This is so stupid!
I’m keeping my Accord and truck so they’ll get the out of town trips but I’m still going to pursue some spare option for the ITS. Even if it’s the tools in a duffle bag and a spare loose in the trunk.

Huge bummer on the lack of a threaded piece to hold down a spare. I wonder why that wasn’t conserved from the FL5 (ignoring that the trunk mat still wouldn’t sit flush).

I’ve had flats from a deer femur, a horse shoe, and more nails and screws than I can count. The weird stuff was all on dirt roads while looking for snakes but even on the asphalt I’ve had lots of bad luck with punctures. Don’t worry the ITS will never leave the pavement.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’m keeping my Accord and truck so they’ll get the out of town trips but I’m still going to pursue some spare option for the ITS. Even if it’s the tools in a duffle bag and a spare loose in the trunk.

Huge bummer on the lack of a threaded piece to hold down a spare. I wonder why that wasn’t conserved from the FL5 (ignoring that the trunk mat still wouldn’t sit flush).

I’ve had flats from a deer femur, a horse shoe, and more nails and screws than I can count. The weird stuff was all on dirt roads while looking for snakes but even on the asphalt I’ve had lots of bad luck with punctures. Don’t worry the ITS will never leave the pavement.
I believe the spare area was reinforced on the Type S

OP
OP
Needs3Pedals

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I believe the spare area was reinforced on the Type S

So we can expect lateral acceleration better than the FL5? I’m kidding but so much of the ITS design philosophy is at odds with itself. Like why chase chassis rigidity, then go and detune the ADS? Edited to add: I get these things aren’t strictly related.

In spite of some news that isn’t great, I’m still counting seconds until I get mine next week.

Last edited:

Airbag

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S/Apex Blue Pearl/Orchid
I was trying to figure something out also. Thanks to this thread for doing the work! Here's hoping the tire repair/inflate kit works. Guess I won't be driving my new ITS (when ever it arrives) for long distances on great quiet roads out of cell phone range. Like up to Stanley, Idaho to visit my nephew.