• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PSA don't assume the fuel door is closed

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
Yup i drove through the automatic carwash with the thing wide open. o_O

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
The problem wasn’t the gas door. The problem was going through an automatic car wash to begin with.

Only half joking. I’m sure it’s fine, but be careful.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I was a little concerned about the fuel door when I first got my ITS that anyone could walk up to it and open it. Didn’t realize it automatically locked with the car. I can see how the automatic car washes (not touch less ones) can put enough pressure to pop it open. Guess make sure your doors are locked prior so it won’t pop open. Thx for the heads up!

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Automatic carwashes are terrible for your car, unless its a touchless one.
This is a misconception in my opinion. Operated one for 6 years. Touchless can cause more damage due to highly concentrated chemicals to make up for zero agitation.

Keep your car waxed or invest in ceramic coating for no worries with automatic washes.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Automatic carwashes .......swirl marks galore.
Exactly. OP lives in Canada, so I kinda get it. Personally, I’d rather freeze doing a hand wash than ever run my car through an automated car wash…even if it’s touchless.

FYI, they make those rolling pressure washer attachments. It helps to rinse off your undercarriage.

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I always say with every new car I get that I will never go to a automatic car wash and I usually hold off 1-2yrs until it snows , they salt the roads or a bird takes a giant crap on my car and I always cave in. I will say it really does mess up the vehicle and creates many scratches . I am going to say it once more , now that I have the type s , I will never go through a automatic car wash with this vehicle. I will however make it a point to get to a do it your self wash and at the very least spray the vehicle down with some water and soap.

OP
OP
JCJai

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do mean to say it was a touch-less one, I'm not crazy enough to do ones with brushes.

Automatic carwashes are terrible for your car, unless its a touchless one.
This is a misconception in my opinion. Operated one for 6 years. Touchless can cause more damage due to highly concentrated chemicals to make up for zero agitation.
It's got to be better than nothing. Yea it's like 41F here now and that's a warm day.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I would have, but it's been a day already and there isn't any damage I saw.
I was assuming it wasn't a brushless carwash--I have a hunch that one would've done some damage.

OP
OP
JCJai

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was assuming it wasn't a brushless carwash--I have a hunch that one would've done some damage.
100% for sure, rubbing dirt into the paint.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
I was a little concerned about the fuel door when I first got my ITS that anyone could walk up to it and open it. Didn’t realize it automatically locked with the car.
Today I learned we have a locking gas cap. That's pretty neat.