• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PSA: Tire Pressure

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
So, I've been a track guy for 25 years, so you'd think I'd pay more attention and I did notice right away when I took delivery of my '24 ITS that the tire pressures were 40psi all around, but whatever. It was going to be a car for around town, so I didn't think much about it. Car has been nice, but a bit bumpy, not quite as smooth as I expected being the ITS versus FL5, etc.

Well, finally, this past weekend, I got off my arse and adjusted the cold tire pressures down to 35psi front and 33psi rear as noted on the door jam sticker. HOLY COW. Noticeable improvement in ride quality, smoothness, and handling. Not saying it's a new car or anything, but the difference was noticeable and appreciated.

So, if y'all haven't adjusted your cold pressures to the recommended, it's worth the few minutes time. :D

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Definitely a huge difference. Then up the pressures for track. I believe itā€™s 40 fronts & 35 rears cold.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
41psi/33psi, page 662 of the manual. The say it's for sustained speeds 130mph+
I thought I remembered some CTR track guys that came back with a slight increase in the rear & having a better experience with that but Iā€™d have to look to see if thatā€™s accurate. I do remember bumping up to 41 now that you mention it tho!

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
Thank you for the reminder. Picked mine up the other day and the pressures were 39 f 38 r which I thought was high and then havenā€™t driven it much but just went out and adjusted them.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I believe the factory fills them to 40psi for transporting on the truck, and the dealer is supposed to bring it back to 35/33 at PDI.

Not sure whether or not you noticed this too, but I discovered a cool feature by accident when filling my tires when it was well below freezing out: if there's a large enough pressure difference, the car will flash the blinkers once you've the correct pressure so you don't have to keep checking the gauge.

OP
OP

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
I believe the factory fills them to 40psi for transporting on the truck, and the dealer is supposed to bring it back to 35/33 at PDI.

Not sure whether or not you noticed this too, but I discovered a cool feature by accident when filling my tires when it was well below freezing out: if there's a large enough pressure difference, the car will flash the blinkers once you've the correct pressure so you don't have to keep checking the gauge.
It did beep and flash the blinkers as I neared the right tire pressure. Thought that was cool if you didn't have a gauge handy.

On the track tire pressures, running 41/35 or whatever cold, wouldn't that put pressures way higher by the end of a hot session nearing 50psi or so in the front? That has to make for a greasy tire at that point?!?!

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I thought I remembered some CTR track guys that came back with a slight increase in the rear & having a better experience with that but Iā€™d have to look to see if thatā€™s accurate. I do remember bumping up to 41 now that you mention it tho!
I think track use is another animal all together. You have to factor in road surface type and it's quality, the number of turns versus high speed zones and also your driving style.

I was just repeating verbatim the manual details. I'm familiar with it because maybe I don't quite drive 130mph regularly, but let's just say I consider the speed limit a "suggestion" when I have the highways mostly to myself on a nice day.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I think track use is another animal all together. You have to factor in road surface type and it's quality, the number of turns versus high speed zones and also your driving style.

I was just repeating verbatim the manual details. I'm familiar with it because maybe I don't quite drive 130mph regularly, but let's just say I consider the speed limit a "suggestion" when I have the highways mostly to myself on a nice day.
Iā€™m right there with ya. šŸ˜„ This year will be my first for tracking experience, but like yesterday for example - itā€™s 80-120mph nearly the whole 30 minutes there & back again with about a 30 minute break in between.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Ok now you guys got me thinking I need to up the PSi when Iā€™m racing on Forza motorsport.šŸ˜.

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
Cool, I was wondering why the car was beeping and shit when the guy at the tire shop was letting some air out.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Does the car need to be on yo benefit from the warning?
I believe I remember reading in the manual that it needs to be at least on Accessory power. The feature is called TPMS with Fill Assist, if you're curious to search in the manual and confirm.