• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Installing Dash cam and I don’t want to remove parts

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
I have a dash cam from my daily that I would like to transfer over but I’m worried about removing c-pillar and part of head liner /glove box to run the wire to the socket port . How did some of you guys install dash cams ?? Or did you guys remove parts and if so , please post photos , trying to get ideas before I just start taking things off. Thanks I’m advance

boom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra
I have soft plastic trim pullers that get pretty sharp towards the end to slide under stuff. For this I only use them to pry the trim or rubber back a bit at a time and tuck the wire. Modern headliners can just have the wire shoved up in there by hand. I usually manage to get the a pillar plastic by hand, but the rubber along the door is strong and the pullers save your fingies. Just take your time and start from the dash cam side of the wire to get the length right. I've done several vehicles this way with 2x add a fuses on each for a radar and dash cam, always works fine.

OP
OP
Ap2Iven

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have soft plastic trim pullers that get pretty sharp towards the end to slide under stuff. For this I only use them to pry the trim or rubber back a bit at a time and tuck the wire. Modern headliners can just have the wire shoved up in there by hand. I usually manage to get the a pillar plastic by hand, but the rubber along the door is strong and the pullers save your fingies. Just take your time and start from the dash cam side of the wire to get the length right. I've done several vehicles this way with 2x add a fuses on each for a radar and dash cam, always works fine.
Thank you , well this gives me a reason to finally buy the interior plastic trim removal tools from Amazon (I’ve been holding off on buying em”) after the c pillar , are you running the cable through the glove box or underneath it ?

boom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra
I'll take a few photos today for you. I run them to the left instead, to wire into the fuse box in front of your left knee. This avoids anything except getting it under the headliner and sliding it under the a pillar and door frame trim, then finding some hole to poke it through once the wire is down to the doorsill. Taking your time along the top of the a pillar at the windshield, you can get it behind and across to the door side of the pillar, so the wire is just tucked under the door side of the trim and not in front of that airbag.

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
Depending on the type of dash cam you’re using. Per Amazon reviews and I believe a post somewhere on the forum this works for the integras equipped with the auto dimming mirror.

Dongar Technologies Dashcam Power Adapter (12-pin for Select Honda Accord & Civic) https://a.co/d/6wKU8z1

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec Tech CVT, White/Red
I'm using two nexar Beam cameras; one front, one rear. The tool that comes with it for burying the wire(s) was quite useful. I didn't want to take anything apart so some of the wires are out, which is okay by me. The wire for the front camera goes behind the plastic underneath the glove box and rattles a little bit going over our rougher Seattle roads. When it annoys me enough, I'm sure I'll try to figure out how to fix that.

OP
OP
Ap2Iven

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm using two nexar Beam cameras; one front, one rear. The tool that comes with it for burying the wire(s) was quite useful. I didn't want to take anything apart so some of the wires are out, which is okay by me. The wire for the front camera goes behind the plastic underneath the glove box and rattles a little bit going over our rougher Seattle roads. When it annoys me enough, I'm sure I'll try to figure out how to fix that.
Do you mind posting photos of the front camera with how you have wire hiding behind glove box. I am close to just completely removing the center console and running wire from cig lighter to shifter to glove box to a-pillar to camera … seems like a sh*t ton of work but I’m trying to find ideas to keep me from going that route

MrPuffin

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec TECH 6MT,
i Have my Dash Cam hard wired from the fuse box with a fuse tap, it is running along the headliner on the driver side to right behind the mirror.
no panels removed just used a small spudger to push the wire under the headliner and trim.

you can only see it slightly as it goes to the camera. basically have to be looking for it to see it.

took me maybe 20/30 min to run the wire.

i have a ddpai dash camera. that i had in my old car.

edit: here's a few pictures with a line showing where i ran the cable for mine. also sorry didn't get a great picture of the fuse tap location
mine is tapped twice one for when on and one for parking monitoring if your dash cam supports that.

IMG-3811.jpg

IMG-3809.jpg

IMG-3808.jpg

IMG-3807.jpg

Last edited:

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Depending on the type of dash cam you’re using. Per Amazon reviews and I believe a post somewhere on the forum this works for the integras equipped with the auto dimming mirror.

Dongar Technologies Dashcam Power Adapter (12-pin for Select Honda Accord & Civic) https://a.co/d/6wKU8z1
ooooOOOOOoooh, okay, that's sweet. I might have to pick one up and try it.

1tointegra

First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra
I did the same but tucked the wires in, leading to the USB port in the middle (clean install & look)

OP
OP
Ap2Iven

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for all the replies, I just realized that the dash cam I have is to thick and sticks out a bit (due to suction cup) and will interfere with the oem sunshade , so I’m going to look into a more thinner option and just give my old dash cam away. Still not sure if I’d like to run the wire on the side or try the rear view mirror option but I appreciate everyone’s input.

OP
OP
Ap2Iven

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just installed the “ Dongar Technologies Dashcam Power Adapter” … 100% recommend going this way instead , a lot less wires to deal with… removing plastics was a pain in the @$$ but definitely a cleaner look and I didn’t have to run wire tru a pillar / glove box ect…
Definitely better to run cable to rear view mirror instead 👍🏻

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Just installed the “ Dongar Technologies Dashcam Power Adapter” … 100% recommend going this way instead , a lot less wires to deal with… removing plastics was a pain in the @$$ but definitely a cleaner look and I didn’t have to run wire tru a pillar / glove box ect…
Definitely better to run cable to rear view mirror instead 👍🏻
That plastic piece was the pain in the ass but once it's off it's a piece of cake

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you mind posting photos of the front camera with how you have wire hiding behind glove box. I am close to just completely removing the center console and running wire from cig lighter to shifter to glove box to a-pillar to camera … seems like a sh*t ton of work but I’m trying to find ideas to keep me from going that route
echoing others, I installed the dongar that plugs into the rearview mirror. The plastic piece that covers it was a pain in the ass, but once you get past that, it's fine. My only gripe about that is that there must be some slight power difference that my Nexar camera senses when the car goes into Auto Stop/Start. Because when the engine kicks back on, the camera beeps like it's turning on even though it stayed on the whole time. Weird, but now I'm used to it.