• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Yitzz

First Name
Yitzz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-spec Tech CVT
Finally some news. Now to wait to see what it starts off at.
considering the ctr is at 44k im guessing 49700, just so that they can say "under 50k".
id expect a 10 dealer markup if/for as long as people are willing to pay... and no, 50k, let alone 60, is not worth it at this price. much better cars in that range...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
considering the ctr is at 44k im guessing 49700, just so that they can say "under 50k".
id expect a 10 dealer markup if/for as long as people are willing to pay... and no, 50k, let alone 60, is not worth it at this price. much better cars in that range...
Starting rumors are we? Lots of Acura dealers sell MSRP. Curious other manual hatchback that have as much or more room then the integra/civic

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
ITS definitely needs to be under $50k base to be competitive.
CTR is $43.3k​
Golf R $44.7k​
S3 $46.8k​
CLA 35 $47.9k​
It makes sense to me for ITS to slot in below S3 and maintaining the ~$1k advantage that CTR has over Golf R. So my guess is ~$45.8k for ITS. Anything higher than Gof R and S3 becomes better value.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
It should cost more though. It’s going to be slightly more luxury , and that’s fine by me. I owned a GSR and the lack of comfort in my 20’s is less ok then today in my late 40’s. Maybe the Plus R ….or S mode won’t be unusable to any track except Suzuka!!!!
That’s debatable. Lots of track oriented cars cost more than luxury cars. It’s arbitrary whether or not Type S is more expensive than Type R.

A 5hp increase on the same motor is arbitrary too. They are prob trying to build up the Acura brand on the back of CTR. Not a bad idea. It’s a great car.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
I guess debatable on who you are and your desires. The CTR has no heated seats or wheel , the stereo is a Blows ( pronounced Bose) and the Integra should not have the 90’s red baby making motel rugs. Is that worth 5k ???? Prob not quite , but the CTR isn’t a 44k car, it’s about 55-60 after the dealers get a hold of you unless you’re in good w one. Check motoring obsession where they track the CTR’s for sale and some of the outrageous mark ups. If the CTR could be had for MSRP, I’d own it already because it’s a great car and so will this be like you said. Looks like we’re all thinking basically the same , but only time will tell if it is worth what the dealers let them go for.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
CTR is $43.3k​
Golf R $44.7k​
S3 $46.8k​
CLA 35 $47.9k​
It makes sense to me for ITS to slot in below S3 and maintaining the ~$1k advantage that CTR has over Golf R. So my guess is ~$45.8k for ITS. Anything higher than Gof R and S3 becomes better value.
CLA 35 also has AWD and the Mercedes brand. If Acura prices higher than the CLA35 that's going to be a tough sell for most folks.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
That’s debatable. Lots of track oriented cars cost more than luxury cars. It’s arbitrary whether or not Type S is more expensive than Type R.

A 5hp increase on the same motor is arbitrary too. They are prob trying to build up the Acura brand on the back of CTR. Not a bad idea. It’s a great car.
It could also be making more than 320 but Acura is underrating it so as not to step on the TLX Type S's toes.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
CTR is $43.3k​
Golf R $44.7k​
S3 $46.8k​
CLA 35 $47.9k​
In Canada, CTR, Golf R and S3 are all around $50-$51k.

If the ITS is more than another $2-3k Acura has made a mistake.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
"class-leading power-to-weight ratio"

Acura knows who their competition is, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Mercedes. Entry level luxury is the class it's in. Not Honda, Toyota, Nissan, or VW models.

I can't see them having the price more then 46-47K. Wouldn't be surprised with even 45k. They tradionally have been 2-3K less then CLA or S3. They are under dogs and need to stay aggressive priced. Acura really needs a home run and they already said the Integra is it's primary brand model.

Think of this way.

Remove from type r
- 2.5K wing
- 3k seats

Add to type s
+ 2K upgraded stereo
+ 1k added sound insulation
+ 2k tlx type s seats
+ 1k upgraded touch materials
+ 2k upgraded electronics (HUD, bigger display, better driver console )

Just rough estimates, but in the end it's only $2-3k more then type r.

And yes the heritage of type r is off the charts, pretty much guaranteed to hold its value for a long time. That value needs to be priced in. Acura doesn't have the same iconic heritage and it's been further diluted with models lile the mdx type s. Entry luxury buyers don't see anything too special about the type s and should be priced accordingly to its primary competitors.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Starting rumors are we? Lots of Acura dealers sell MSRP. Curious other manual hatchback that have as much or more room then the integra/civic
When the TLX Type S first came out, I contacted all 42 Acura dealerships in CA. None of them were selling at MSRP. Best I could find was $7500 ADM; most were $15K with a high of $30K. A quarter of them wouldn't even do let people sit in the car, let alone do test drives.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
When the TLX Type S first came out, I contacted all 42 Acura dealerships in CA. None of them were selling at MSRP. Best I could find was $7500 ADM; most were $15K with a high of $30K. A quarter of them wouldn't even do let people sit in the car, let alone do test drives.
How many were actually sold at 15k over? I doubt many were when even the FL5 Is averaging around 7k markup over on the civicxi forums.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!