• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Honda Prelude concept

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
There was a snippet on my homepage today which claimed it was all electric as well so not sure if any source has factual information or they are just hunching it.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
So we got the Acura Integra and now with the type S, what do you think about this new Prelude concept:

https://news.yahoo.com/the-honda-prelude-returns-as-a-concept-ev-095016392.html

I had a 1995 Prelude with VTEC and thoroughly enjoyed it. Do you think they are going to launch a Type R version? There are no further details, but I also hope they will go with hybrid and not full electric.
To see a 2 door is great, I wonder if they will actually produce a 2-door variant or not.
I would love a 2 door with a 6 speed, if the ITS was a 2 door or had an option for a 2 door I def would go that route.

Dakei

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT
I do like this Prelude Concept, and I certainly see the connections to the latest Prius model. Albeit, I do really like the new Prius so this design language is non-issue for me.

As for the drivetrain... I'm a bit mixed. FWD makes sense as that's Honda's specialty and the 5th gen Prelude is FWD as well. I also got to test drive a 22' Polestar 2 Single Motor (23' is when Polestar switched to RWD for the Single Motor models) and the FWD layout in that car felt pretty sporty, ignoring the excessive body roll at least. I would've preferred RWD though, as there wouldn't be any good reason other than heritage, to make the Prelude EV FWD-based.

No manual transmission also sucks but it is what it is.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
There is an open market for a single source of reliable truth in the automotive industry. I've been leaning on R&T/C&D but they're not as reliable as they used to be. Had me fully believing this was an EV which is apparently not the case at all...

Why is good journalism literally impossible to find these days, even with more objective subject matter like cars????

Anyway, more details are emerging. What I'm extracting from what information is available is that the Prelude is effectively the Civic coupe. What this does get me excited about is a hot version of this a few years out- of which I'll have zero interest because I already have a FWD sports car that has 4 doors, but it is interesting nonetheless.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45640229/honda-prelude-hybrid-future/

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Honda better step it up. Toyota is killing it with

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Also here is the best comparison I found for the prelude..

20231025_1.jpg

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
I'm cised for a hybrid powertrain over full electric...I think Honda is going to fully embrace the all electric design within the coming years but if this "Prelude" is coming sooner than later, gas/electric should be a lot of fun.

-G

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
That Mazda concept is absolutely gorgeous, too.
It has the RX7 throwback kinda look, maybe even with flip-up headlights? Not sure a dual rotary hybrid is my jam. Front logo has a lot going on there.

Screenshot_20231026-142430.png

AA1iQFT8.jpg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'm excited to see any automaker come out with a new 2-door model. I held onto my 19' civic coupe because there wasn't a coupe to replace it with when my lease was up. I knew Honda has renewed its trademark for the Prelude name (as well as CRX, maybe they floated both options for the name). And in many ways, yes, the prelude is just going to be a new version of the civic coupe in a lot of ways.

If I had to guess, it'll be primarily a parts bin kind of car.
- Civic/Accord platform (not a bad thing)
- Modified version of the Accord/Civic/CRV hybrid powertrain, hopefully making a bit more power
- Take suspension and handling bits from the Si and Integra
- Interior will probably be modified civic interior using some of the newer tech from Accord

But if it keeps the price reasonable and the performance is on par for the price, I'll be sold. I think best case scenario would be for them to more or less benchmark the performance and price point of the BRZ/GR86 twins (allowing some wiggle room as I'm sure the prelude will have better features, tech, nicer interior materials, etc).

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I'm all for this car and I think it'll sit where the Accord Coupe used to; a sporty GT car. Multiple sources also confirmed the concept to be a hybrid and not full BEV so, as optimistic as it sounds, there's a small chance it could be offered in a manual. Honda is no stranger to this drivetrain combination. That would spice things up a bit if it comes to fruition.

As far as looks, I dig it. Has new Prius and G82 M4 vibes.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
If an Integra can be over $50k, a Prelude can be $60k, and have a FWD + rear drive electric hybrid. That could end up being fun to drive. Iā€™d prefer a manual but thereā€™s more of a market for an automatic. If itā€™s an affordable Halo car it can be a coupe or fastback.

But more likely itā€™ll be a boring hybrid that doesnā€™t live up to the name.

OP
OP
ckone2030

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
I donā€™t think Honda ever introduced the Prelude Type R, but with the success of CTR, maybe they will use the same playbook. Imagine the Prelude Type R with manual transmission only and a nice wing!