• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ITS or other performance vehicle?

JesseP

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S/2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I know I'm going to get a lot of bias answers here, but hear me out.

I really love the look of this vehicle in Blue with the white interior. I've been hunting for a couple weeks now, but all available options are about 400 miles from me (I'm south of Atlanta) and they all have a huge mark up. Fountain Acura in Orlando told me and I quote, " We are willing to work with you, however the last Integra Type-S we sold was $10,000 over MSRP which has set the bar." People are still spending $10k above MSRP? I like the car, but not that much. It's already priced pretty high when comparing similar vehicles. If I'm paying $62k, I may as well look at BMW M2s.

So my questions is this: Should I wait around to find the color combination I want at MSRP or are there other similar manual transmission cars I could get into around the same price? I had an ND2 Miata that I loved, but I need something with a second row for kids. Power is not very important, just needs to be fun to drive with a MT. With that said, I currently own a Model 3 Performance, and would probably be disappointed with anything extremely slow unless I'm making up for it in fun factor.

My current short list:

ITS
Civic Type R (but prefer ITS if going with FWD)
BMW M2
GR Corolla
VW Golf R
Elantra N (kind of ugly)
Also willing to go used a few years back if I can get a good deal on a more expansive car.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition

I really love the look of this vehicle in Blue with the white interior. I've been hunting for a couple weeks now, but all available options are about 400 miles from me (I'm south of Atlanta) and they all have a huge mark up. Fountain Acura in Orlando told me and I quote, " We are willing to work with you, however the last Integra Type-S we sold was $10,000 over MSRP which has set the bar." People are still spending $10k above MSRP? I like the car, but not that much. It's already priced pretty high when comparing similar vehicles. If I'm paying $62k, I may as well look at BMW M2s.

So my questions is this: Should I wait around to find the color combination I want at MSRP or are there other similar manual transmission cars I could get into around the same price? I had an ND2 Miata that I loved, but I need something with a second row for kids. Power is not very important, just needs to be fun to drive with a MT. With that said, I currently own a Model 3 Performance, and would probably be disappointed with anything extremely slow unless I'm making up for it in fun factor.

My current short list:

ITS
Civic Type R (but prefer ITS if going with FWD)
BMW M2
GR Corolla
VW Golf R
Elantra N (kind of ugly)
Also willing to go used a few years back if I can get a good deal on a more expansive car.
If you are really keen on an ITS, I recommend you put a deposit with a dealer. I bought mine from Naley Acura in Marietta GA and they are MSRP with no forced add-on. Talk to Chris Pugh and he will help you.

Some other options are Civic SI (you need to mod it to get close to CTR/ITR) and Golf GTI (only slightly slower than the R version).

Lastly, some of the cars in your list (Golf, GR Corolla and M2) has very small trunk space, so you need to decide how much trunk space you will need.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
If you are really keen on an ITS, I recommend you put a deposit with a dealer. I bought mine from Naley Acura in Marietta GA and they are MSRP with no forced add-on. Talk to Chris Pugh and he will help you.

Some other options are Civic SI (you need to mod it to get close to CTR/ITR) and Golf GTI (only slightly slower than the R version).

Lastly, some of the cars in your list (Golf, GR Corolla and M2) has very small trunk space, so you need to decide how much trunk space you will need.
Another vote for this dealer.
Bought mine from there. Drove over 400miles to get it.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Keep in mind the M2 is a 2 door, so if your kids are in rear facing car seats or hell in car seats period that gets to be a PITA quick.

For the money i feel like you'd be doing yourself a disservice getting a Golf R or EN (2024 refresh looks good to me) in anything but the DCT.

Leaving the Corolla which has the smallest trunk of all options listed. The manual, cargo, carrying capacities and performance are what really makes the CTR and ITS practically unicorns in their class and at their price range.

OP
OP
JesseP

JesseP

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Keep in mind the M2 is a 2 door, so if your kids are in rear facing car seats or hell in car seats period that gets to be a PITA quick.

For the money i feel like you'd be doing yourself a disservice getting a Golf R or EN (2024 refresh looks good to me) in anything but the DCT.

Leaving the Corolla which has the smallest trunk of all options listed. The manual, cargo, carrying capacities and performance are what really makes the CTR and ITS practically unicorns in their class and at their price range.
My youngest are 10 and 11, so no car seats needed. I just need the option to haul more than two people. I appreciate that insight, though.

I'm specifically looking for a manual transmission car because I miss it from my ND2. I already have a quick car in the M3P (which I'm keeping and the wife will daily). Cargo space is not a huge factor since we rarely go on trips.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I will add the Golf R is a great daily, its a better value for the money vs the ITS both at MSRP assuming you can live with less trunk space and dont really "need" the manual, I'd def consider the DCT.

I cross shopped both myself, almost went with the 20th ann Golf. Have you driven any of the vehicles on your list?

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
My youngest are 10 and 11, so no car seats needed. I just need the option to haul more than two people. I appreciate that insight, though.

I'm specifically looking for a manual transmission car because I miss it from my ND2. I already have a quick car in the M3P (which I'm keeping and the wife will daily). Cargo space is not a huge factor since we rarely go on trips.
Damn ive got 2, 1 rear facing and 1 forward. I think if I were in your position I'd consider the M2 (comp or CS) honestly.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
DCTs are great until they go bad especially when the warranty is out.
Never again will fall into that trap.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
DCTs are great until they go bad especially when the warranty is out.
Never again will fall into that trap.
Oh good point, another reason I didnt go with them, just due to the anxiety, ive also heard euro running costs and dct maintenance can be pricey, not sure if factual.

OP
OP
JesseP

JesseP

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I will add the Golf R is a great daily, its a better value for the money vs the ITS both at MSRP assuming you can live with less trunk space and dont really "need" the manual, I'd def consider the DCT.

I cross shopped both myself, almost went with the 20th ann Golf. Have you driven any of the vehicles on your list?
I need to get out and drive more. I drove a base Integra manual and was fairly underwhelmed. I'm hoping the extra power of the Type-S makes a difference. I also like the Type-S styling more. It's far more aggressive without looking like a teenage tuner car.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition

Forgot to include Subaru WRX. I think this is the last year for the manual to be available.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Expand your search and be willing to fly out - drive it back. I did that during the pandemic and it was a fun road trip in a new (to me) car! This is a good resource to keep track of where the ITS are currently available:

https://www.motoringobsession.com/stock/integra-type-s

Only one problem right now.. there are only 8 apex blue's available nationwide..

Have you tried this other dealer in Florida yet? https://www.regalacura.com/

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS

Here is my perspective and advice. Do with it what you will.

Whatever you do, don't pay over MSRP. A few adders maybe, especially if they are things like the protection package (mats, trunk tray and splash guards) but otherwise like you said, other cars become better value when these bastard dealers add markup.

ITS (Obviously the best choice ;))
Civic Type R (practically the same car, go for the one you like more)
BMW M2 (Fast but supposedly not engaging. Lays down it's performance clinically which is not "fun")
GR Corolla (Supposedly more raw than the ITS, but severely lacking in premium feel, doesn't even have a center arm rest and interior space/cargo is smaller.)
VW Golf R (Great value until you're out of warranty. If you plan on keeping the car a long time, the value proposition evaporates quickly)
Elantra N (Agreed it's ugly and it's a Hyundai. Brought to you by the same makers that cheaped out and made it possible to steal base models, with a USB stick. I'm left wondering what corners did they cut to make it such a deal)

OP
OP
JesseP

JesseP

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Expand your search and be willing to fly out - drive it back. I did that during the pandemic and it was a fun road trip in a new (to me) car! This is a good resource to keep track of where the ITS are currently available:

https://www.motoringobsession.com/stock/integra-type-s

Only one problem right now.. there are only 8 apex blue's available nationwide..

Have you tried this other dealer in Florida yet? https://www.regalacura.com/
Thanks for the resource! Yes, I'm pretty much married to the blue color. I'm tired of black/white/gray cars. I have not had a blue car in a while and this color is beautiful. I have not searched specific dealerships, just expanded the search for the blue. I'd love to buy at my local dealership, but they told me they don't control what Acura sends them.