• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda
High-Performance Acura Integra Type S Wins 2024 Road & Track Performance Car of the Year Award

Integra Type S - Road and Track Performance Car of the Year.png

January 18, 2024
  • Integra claims automotive "Triple Crown" winning 2023 North American Car of the Year™, 2024 Car and Driver 10 Best Cars award and 2024 Road & Track Performance Car of the Year
  • Acura Integra Type S recognized for its incredible dynamic performance and refinement at an attainable price point
  • Win marks Acura's second Road & Track Performance Car of the Year trophy in the award's 10-year history
The high-performance Acura Integra Type S has been named Performance Car of the Year by the editors of Road & Track for its incredible power and dynamic performance paired with premium features and refinement. The flexible 5-door liftback took the top spot in the Under $100k category over significantly higher priced and more powerful, rear-wheel drive coupes.

The 2024 Road & Track Performance Car of the Year award adds to the next-gen Integra's impressive list of prestigious industry and media honors, which includes the distinguished 2023 North American Car of the Year and the Type S variant's 2024 Car and Driver 10Best Cars award. This is the second time Acura has been honored with a Road & Track Performance Car of the Year award, with the Acura NSX taking Performance Car of the Year honors in 2017.

"We make Acura performance cars for driving enthusiasts, and it is an honor to have our Integra Type S recognized with the Road & TrackPerformance Car of the Year award," said Emile Korkor, assistant vice president, Acura National Sales. "We are especially proud of our development team in Japan and the production associates at our plant in Marysville, Ohio for creating a truly outstanding performance vehicle like the Integra Type S."

About the Road & Track Performance Car of the Year Award
Now in its 11th year, the Road & Track Performance Car of the Year is chosen based on four days of intense testing on the road and the racetrack. The Road & Track editorial team evaluates each car based on a combination of emotion, performance and value. This year, testing consisted of two days spent lapping the 2-mile West course at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, California, followed by two days tackling the back roads of northern California's Napa Valley. To be considered for the competition, cars needed to be brand new or significantly revised for the 2024 model year.

Acura Integra Type S
The Integra Type S delivers a new interpretation of ultimate street performance for the next generation of enthusiast drivers, elevating Acura Precision Crafted Performance in the gateway segment with 320 horsepower1 and the only available manual transmission in its class.

Since its return to the Acura lineup for the 2023 model year, the next-gen Integra has quickly become the best-selling model in the premium sport compact segment and now captures nearly 40% of sales in class, with more than double the sales of its nearest competitor. Integra sales topped 2,000 units for the 15th straight month in December, with the high-performance Integra Type S representing about 10% of the sales mix since it began arriving at dealers in June.

Manufactured* in the U.S.
The 2024 Integra Type S is built exclusively at the Marysville Auto Plant in Marysville, Ohio, on the same production line as the Integra, Acura TLX and TLX Type S*. The K20C engine that powers the Integra Type S is built exclusively at the Anna Engine Plant in Ohio, which also produces the turbo V6 that powers the Acura TLX Type S and MDX Type S.

*Using domestic and globally-sourced parts

Learn more about the 2024 Acura Integra lineup including the high-performance Integra Type S here.

About Acura
Acura is a leading automotive brand committed to delivering expressive styling, innovative engineering and high-performance, all built on the brand's Precision Crafted Performance DNA. The Acura lineup consists of two sport sedans, the Integra and TLX, and three sport-utility vehicles, the RDX, MDX and all-electric ZDX. A line of high-performance Type S variants further demonstrate the virtues of Acura Precision Crafted Performance. All Acura vehicles sold in America are made in the U.S., using domestic and globally sourced parts.

# # #​

1. SAE net at 6,500 rpm

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Absolutely well deserved!

Does anyone happen to know whether the stock type S spring rates are published anywhere?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Hmm.
7200 rpm

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Absolutely well deserved!

Does anyone happen to know whether the stock type S spring rates are published anywhere?
I tried to find it, but I've heard it's square spring rates at 4kg/mm, same as the CTR. Might want to validate that somewhere else because as I said, I can't, so here's my nearly worthless post of the day.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I tried to find it, but I've heard it's square spring rates at 4kg/mm, same as the CTR. Might want to validate that somewhere else because as I said, I can't, so here's my nearly worthless post of the day.
Yes same, for the sake of comparing stock to aftermarket against like H&R, Spoon, Etc...boggles my mind that they arent listed anywhere.

Also read somewhere that the rear rates between the FL5 and DE5 were different, cant confirm validity as I still havent found any actual publications.

Anyhow the guy on the Gridzilla YT channel mentions the FL5 rates to be F4.7k R4.2k if that helps.
Pretty nicely square, honestly the ride with the adaptive dampers is so balanced that in my search for a close to 1" drop I just dont want to screw it up.

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
@Zygrene said it was 4.5K / 4.5K at 0:31 into his Ohlins shock review video, but I don't know where he got that info. Best I could find was this on FK8 OEM springs:
OEM:
Spring Rate Front: - 4.7 kgf/mm
Spring Rate Rear: - 4.2 kgf/mm

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
Yes same, for the sake of comparing stock to aftermarket against like H&R, Spoon, Etc...boggles my mind that they arent listed anywhere.
They prefer to use their glowing descriptions as opposed to actual specs because many of them are not that different from stock, or their competitors.

Also read somewhere that the rear rates between the FL5 and DE5 were different, cant confirm validity as I still havent found any actual publications.
@Savagegeese said FL5 and DE5 use the same springs, but who knows, they could be mistaken.

Anyhow the guy on the Gridzilla YT channel mentions the FL5 rates to be F4.7k R4.2k if that helps.
Pretty nicely square, honestly the ride with the adaptive dampers is so balanced that in my search for a close to 1" drop I just dont want to screw it up.
Many of the aftermarket spring packages use slightly stiffer springs in the rear (compared to the front) which should improve rotation and reduce understeer a bit. But it's easier and less expensive to install a stiffer rear sway bar first to see how you like the change in balance. Has anyone done that yet?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!