• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ITS or other performance vehicle?

Teggy24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS300
2025 GTI gets steering wheel buttons but loses the 6mT, I’d guess the R does also. GTI manual sucks anyway.

To the OP, unless you bump up to $70k for a CTS4V Blackwing there’s really no 6mT alternative. I’m sure the Cadillac dealers are total aholes too.
I ended up picking up a new 24 CT4v Blackwing at the end of 23 for $58k. That car doesn’t need to hit $70k if you’re not interested in the non-performance upgrades (e.g. seats, sunroof, carbon fiber, etc). My car has the same engine/trans/suspension as the $90k special editions sitting on Cadillac lots, it’s just missing the fancy stickers (which some would argue does add HP…)

Still love the Type S and think the value prop is there at MSRP. But the $5k+ markups just weren’t worth it when I could get a BW for the same price. I actually hadn’t even heard of the BWs until I started researching competitors to the Type S, so Acura dealers managed to push me into another car with their ADM!

OP
OP
JesseP

JesseP

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S/2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I ended up picking up a new 24 CT4v Blackwing at the end of 23 for $58k. That car doesn’t need to hit $70k if you’re not interested in the non-performance upgrades (e.g. seats, sunroof, carbon fiber, etc). My car has the same engine/trans/suspension as the $90k special editions sitting on Cadillac lots, it’s just missing the fancy stickers (which some would argue does add HP…)

Still love the Type S and think the value prop is there at MSRP. But the $5k+ markups just weren’t worth it when I could get a BW for the same price. I actually hadn’t even heard of the BWs until I started researching competitors to the Type S, so Acura dealers managed to push me into another car with their ADM!
For sure. The dealerships I spoke with put me off so much I was going to give up my search. Luckily, @FloArm found this "used" one at Carmax and it was priced appropriately. I can't wait for the days that everything will be straight to consumer, but congress needs to change the dealership laws in the States before that happens.

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I didn’t test drive the Types S before arriving at the dealership to take delivery. I could see from all of the videos, posts, and articles that it was the one for me. I have absolutely no regrets about getting the Type S. The looks, plus having the power and handling there when I want to have fun or need to use it makes the Type S worth it. If you can afford it, then you won’t have regrets about getting it.
Congrats. I also did not test drive my type s before buying. I knew I wanted the type s or type r. I could of got a few other vehicles in its price range but had some requirement's - fwd or awd and 4doors + the manual transmission. I have yet to open it up myself but can feel it has more than enough power for street driving. The car looks amazing and don't feel so bad as they all have some imperfections even brand new that sometimes are not discovered until a later date. I have a few paint blemishes and very tiny wheel chips that almost cannot be seen. The things bothering me the most though are the carbon spoiler has some clear coat coming off already at only 300miles and my front light up emblem had fogged up a bit on me. I'm sure I'll find some other things but right now its not being driven for a few months until winter clears up.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
After the car was dry, I did find some light scratches and imperfections in the paint. You have to look for them and they are not noticeable at a distance. I guess that's par for the course buying a "used" car. I suspect a young person bought this car, found out they could not afford the payments, and traded it in shortly thereafter. Meanwhile, they didn't take care of it all too well since they knew they were parting with it. I also suspect someone at Carmax realized the car was about to be sold and took it for a couple of days to drive. Either that or they let a customer take it for a couple days. I know this because after I started the buying process, they told me the car had 2670 miles, but then I received it at 2865 miles. It was delivered on a flatbed, so this was not delivery miles.

I'm just letting everyone know this in case you are sensitive to minor damage buying a used car. If you are uncertain, definitely go look and test drive the car first. I snagged this one because it may be months before I could find another blue ITS for sale at a non-marked up price. I also saved over $3k under MSRP with delivery.

Another issue I have is pulling into my driveway. I have a steep incline coming off the road. Pulling it straight in drags on the plastic under the frame to the back of the front bumper. I had starting backing it in, but scraped two of my exhaust pipes last night. I found if I pull in slowly at an angle I can get the car in nose first. I had a similar problem with my ND2 Miata, but that car was lowered on aftermarket suspension. The ITS is a low car (as it should be).

The power is great with just a bit of turbo lag. You would not notice the turbo lag if you did not previously own a naturally aspirated sports car. It still gets up and goes when you give it the beans. I'm thoroughly happy with acceleration even after owning a Model 3 Performance. The exhaust sounds great wide open, but you barely hear the pops while inside the car at speed. The insulation prevents some noise, but I prefer that to hearing everything. My wife also mentioned she was surprised how much rear seat space there was considering it's a sub-compact car. The car looks smaller in person from the outside than pictures and videos let on. Very sexy design, but you all know that already.

I'll give another update when I have something to share.
How's performance compared to the Model 3 you had? Miss the off the line acceleration?

OP
OP
JesseP

JesseP

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S/2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance
How's performance compared to the Model 3 you had? Miss the off the line acceleration?
We still have the M3P. My wife assumed it as her car. She likes the luxury feature of heating the car up from anywhere before she has to get in it. So, we traded her CR-V toward the ITS.

As far as the difference in launches, yes, it's noticeable. The Tesla feels like going downhill in a rollercoaster when fully charged, feeling in your gut and all. The question should be, "how often do you need to launch like that?". It's fun leaving people a quarter mile behind you from a stop light before you even reach the speed limit, but that kind of acceleration is not at all practical. The ITS still provides you with a nice feeling of acceleration and will beat most daily drivers off the line all while sounding amazing doing so.

The main reason for going from the Tesla to the ITS was engagement. You just can't feel connected to an EV. There are no gears to roll through. Even with batteries located at the bottom of the vehicle helping with stability, they still feel heavy. Light and nimble, even with less horsepower, feels better in my mind and translates to a more enjoyable driving experience. This isn't a Miata, but I finally got another light, manual car. The extra power is just a bonus.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I think the only car I can think of to scratch this itch for me is a GTR. But no manual 😕 or NSX - but no back seats. And it’s gonna be a good handful of years before either are in the budget. 😄

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)

That's awesome. I think the CT4V BW starts at $63k, did you get a discount or buy used?

I absolutely would not pay an ADM for a GM product, no matter how cool it is. Gotta draw the line. :D

If the CT4V BW came with a normally aspirated V8, it would be my top choice. But the V6TT takes it out of the must have category, and the CT5V is just ridiculous, I don't need 680 hp. :rolleyes:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
I think the only car I can think of to scratch this itch for me is a GTR. But no manual 😕 or NSX - but no back seats. And it’s gonna be a good handful of years before either are in the budget. 😄
Watching Gran Tourismo made me want one, despite as you said no manual.

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
I’m really struggling with whether to get an A-spec (manual) or Type S. I had a late 1990s Integra and loved it. I like the look of Type S a lot better than A-Spec but I’m not an aggressive driver at all and am unsure how much more fun the Type S will be to drive for me.
I'm not an aggressive driver either, but the power and handling of the ITS is truly lots of fun. Yes, it comes at a price, but I'm glad I got it.

I had a '97 Integra hatchback (not Type R) and loved it, but the ITS is in a totally different class. If you're willing to spend the money I would not worry about not test driving one - you won't be disappointed.

Good Luck

Teggy24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS300
That's awesome. I think the CT4V BW starts at $63k, did you get a discount or buy used?

I absolutely would not pay an ADM for a GM product, no matter how cool it is. Gotta draw the line. :D

If the CT4V BW came with a normally aspirated V8, it would be my top choice. But the V6TT takes it out of the must have category, and the CT5V is just ridiculous, I don't need 680 hp. :rolleyes:
Starts at around $61k, and Cadillac has been running a promo for $3k off MSRP so I really couldn’t pass it up.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Starts at around $61k, and Cadillac has been running a promo for $3k off MSRP so I really couldn’t pass it up.
Not a bad price. I wish it had larger rear seating and a hatch...

Lionary

First Name
Ary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' ITS (white w/ black interior)
Last edited:

Teggy24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS300
Yeah definitely a bit of a practicality tradeoff, although the headroom significantly improves in the Blackwing when you option it without the sunroof. I did manage a 6’3” passenger behind me (at just about 6 feet myself). Wouldn’t want to do it for a long time, but works in a pinch.

I don’t miss the hatch space right now, but could see that changing in the future…

and I think the v6 and tremec have shown themselves to be a fairly robust engine/transmission from a reliability perspective, but only time will tell I guess.

Ended up going the way of the blackwing for minor personal preferences (thought the looks were slightly more under-the-radar, general balance of standard features), but thought the Type S was magic to drive on the test drive I took it on. Happy both cars exist in today’s market!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah definitely a bit of a practicality tradeoff, although the headroom significantly improves in the Blackwing when you option it without the sunroof. I did manage a 6’3” passenger behind me (at just about 6 feet myself). Wouldn’t want to do it for a long time, but works in a pinch.

I don’t miss the hatch space right now, but could see that changing in the future…

and I think the v6 and tremec have shown themselves to be a fairly robust engine/transmission from a reliability perspective, but only time will tell I guess.

Ended up going the way of the blackwing for minor personal preferences (thought the looks were slightly more under-the-radar, general balance of standard features), but thought the Type S was magic to drive on the test drive I took it on. Happy both cars exist in today’s market!
What color? That coastal blue looks nice.

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Having had an Elantra N, they are fantastic vehicles, and the dual clutch was really spot on. Interior was nice enough, and the performance options and the select-able modes and their configurations, i.e. TC off without doing a pedal dance, and allowed in any setting, along with the exhast sound are way above anything else. The only reason I didn't keep it was because I wanted a FL5 and found one.

The '24 EN when they come out look much better than the 22-23, and they updated a few things as well to make it perform even better. Also to note, the EN has a lot of legroom space inside and the trunk is very large. A DCT EN will be faster than a FL5/DE5.

DE5 is definitely a fantastic vehicle on it's own and is definitely a great street car.
FL5 is an amazing vehicle and me personally would get it over the DE5, but it's definitely a personal choice and can't go wrong.

I had a MK7.5 Golf R and it was a great all around car, mods easily, but it's a VW. Can't really speak to the MK8, but performance wise it is superior to the previous gen and can make serious power when tuned, and can easily daily it. If you look at the DSG it's a perfect daily car for stop and go.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the these compact cars/hatches