• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear Defroster Performance

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hi All, picked up my ITS just a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it. Today was the first time I've used the rear window defroster, and found that it may not be working right. My side view mirrors cleared within minutes, but my rear window took more than 20 minutes to even start working, and it never fully cleared the window after 30 minutes. Do you find this is normal behavior? I've had many Honda cars over the years and haven't seen this issue on any of them.
Thanks for any input.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Hi All, picked up my ITS just a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it. Today was the first time I've used the rear window defroster, and found that it may not be working right. My side view mirrors cleared within minutes, but my rear window took more than 20 minutes to even start working, and it never fully cleared the window after 30 minutes. Do you find this is normal behavior? I've had many Honda cars over the years and haven't seen this issue on any of them.
Thanks for any input.
Def an issue it sounds like. Mine works better than my previous 10th gen civic did although I will say that I have ceramic tint installed so it may be assisting the process.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Sounds like it's not kicking on. Fuse or something. Take it to dealer if you don't want to troubleshoot.

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
What would be considered normal? I also find that it takes a long time to defrost, upwards of 30 mins with a quarter inch layer of snow; but still a good 15 mins with a thin layer of ice.

wagood

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra 6MT
Compared to previous cars Iā€™ve driven I also find it is slow to heat up.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
Same here, It legit barely works. I've gotten to and from my destination with everything else in the car doing what it's supposed to and still no visibility out the back. It's by far the worst of any I have ever owned.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
I agree. Itā€™s REALLY below average. Since this appears ā€œnormalā€ for our cars, what can we do about it?

Do the window lines connect to some sort of electrical component that can be upgraded to a slightly more powerful one? If so, Iā€™m sure the fuse would have to be upped as well.

Anyone willing to give it a shot?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Honestly I think I would just run it for a couple minutes before I left the house, then use an ice scraper to slide whatever is on the window right off. I think you're just looking for a little heat to unstick the stuff, or if it's just fogged up from too much humidity in the cabin. If there's legit ice or snow piled up it may be tough. Hard to remember from my days living in the north.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I found the defroster to work very fast on the ITS, at least compared to my 05 6-6 Accord that the ITS replaced.
Maybe there is a difference between US and Canada ITS defroster?