• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I would choose moderate damping with the option to change swaybars to achieve the right balance.
That's precisely how I like to tune the suspension on my street/track cars. It worked amazingly well on my STi's suspension making it a joy to drive around a race track and on the street.

Mike

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 10.41.22 AM.png

Built in America, developed in Japan, two members from the Integra Type S' Japan team were on hand at this week's event. Yoshiaki Akimoto(left) is the large project leader/chief engineer, and Kohei Akamine(right) is the leader for dynamic performance.

Akimoto had previously worked on some super cool Honda projects - he worked on the first DOHC VTEC engine in the 2nd generation Integra, engine development for the S2000, and engine development for Honda F1 in 2005!

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
These guys are rushing content out as quick as they can, one even said the triple exhaust is a throwback to the original Integra (not accurate).
I’m a 90’s kid that started driving when the Integra type R showed up. I caught that slip too.

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 10.41.22 AM.png

Built in America, developed in Japan, two members from the Integra Type S' Japan team were on hand at this week's event. Yoshiaki Akimoto(left) is the large project leader/chief engineer, and Kohei Akamine(right) is the leader for dynamic performance.

Akimoto had previously worked on some super cool Honda projects - he worked on the first DOHC VTEC engine in the 2nd generation Integra, engine development for the S2000, and engine development for Honda F1 in 2005!
Ok, you all have put my mind at ease. Thanks for the thoughtful discussion and information. Like you all, I’m excited for the driving impressions.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
i'm most interested in forming my own driving impressions :) really interested to see if the salesman is correct about the demo being used for test drives. i know some have been told that no test drives will be done in the demo but maybe it's up to the dealership to decide...?

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
i'm most interested in forming my own driving impressions :) really interested to see if the salesman is correct about the demo being used for test drives. i know some have been told that no test drives will be done in the demo but maybe it's up to the dealership to decide...?
My salesman gave me a funny look as if to say "why else would we have a demo vehicle!?". Suffice to say they are allowing test drives.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I know I can't get the type of impression I'd need to fully know how the car drives from a test drive. Unless they were willing to let me take the car to some known windy roads for an hour or so, which I can't expect. I really do rely on journalist reviews for that.

I wouldn't mind driving one either but there's only so much you can learn from putting around in traffic on a test drive.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I know I can't get the type of impression I'd need to fully know how the car drives from a test drive. Unless they were willing to let me take the car to some known windy roads for an hour or so, which I can't expect. I really do rely on journalist reviews for that.

I wouldn't mind driving one either but there's only so much you can learn from putting around in traffic on a test drive.
I won’t be getting this as a full time track car so I don’t need to know what it’s like at the limits .. just how it behaves on the road. You can get a decent sense of handling through some on-/off-ramps while still being a responsible driver and I trust myself more than journalists for that stuff because it’s pretty subjective. It will be interesting to see test numbers and head to heads but that doesn’t have any bearing on whether or not I get this car.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
That's precisely how I like to tune the suspension on my street/track cars. It worked amazingly well on my STi's suspension making it a joy to drive around a race track and on the street.

Mike

I've owned two STIs over the years (2007, 2011) and both were on full coilovers with swaybars, and stickier tires. These suspension changes raised the bar on an already good handling car, but it was before today's multi-setting suspension systems and newly developed active setups.

With that said, the combination of vectoring rear diffs, rear steering, Active swaybar adjustments, brake vectoring, magnetic shocks or muti-position, and suspension redesigns has made the capabilities of today's cars much more sophisticated and truely given us some exceptional driving cars. The flip side is altering them becomes increasingly difficult and expensive.

Most manufactures, IMO, overly damp in the firmist setting, and underdamp in "normal". A few mfgrs allow customers to either manually adjust the suspension component settings or with a specific switch on the damping/swaybar/ride height (Porsche, BMW, etc) on their sportiest models....but these are very pricey speciality cars.

Clearly for a street and occassional track day car this is overkill, and far to expensive for consideration.

Increasingly BMW (and others) are offering infinitely adjustable or numerous selectable presets for those drivers demanding tuneability. Since these systems are using digital controllers, allowing a broad range of user selectability is almost free once the programming is done.

Since mass produced cars are designed to a price point, and most customers are unfamiliar with suspension setup and handling effects, these types of controls will always be relegated to speciality cars.

For us mere mortals that don't want to go the coilover route and reconfiguring suspension control modules to enhance and personalize our handling/ride, that leads to the relatively modest (but generally safe) mods of spring rates and spring length, swaybars, wheel offsets, and adjustable alignment components to "dial-in" our cars.

I'm not aware of any CTR suspension module damping tunes or overrides (other than disconnecting the adjustable settings to block the stiffest settings), leaving only the traditional spring, swaybar, and alignment tweaks.

I would be interested in reading any good references on suspension tuning the current gen CTR and what has worked best.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've owned two STIs over the years (2007, 2011) and both were on full coilovers with swaybars, and stickier tires. These suspension changes raised the bar on an already good handling car, but it was before today's multi-setting suspension systems and newly developed active setups.

With that said, the combination of vectoring rear diffs, rear steering, Active swaybar adjustments, brake vectoring, magnetic shocks or muti-position, and suspension redesigns has made the capabilities of today's cars much more sophisticated and truely given us some exceptional driving cars. The flip side is altering them becomes increasingly difficult and expensive.

Most manufactures, IMO, overly damp in the firmist setting, and underdamp in "normal". A few mfgrs allow customers to either manually adjust the suspension component settings or with a specific switch on the damping/swaybar/ride height (Porsche, BMW, etc) on their sportiest models....but these are very pricey speciality cars.

Clearly for a street and occassional track day car this is overkill, and far to expensive for consideration.

Increasingly BMW (and others) are offering infinitely adjustable or numerous selectable presets for those drivers demanding tuneability. Since these systems are using digital controllers, allowing a broad range of user selectability is almost free once the programming is done.

Since mass produced cars are designed to a price point, and most customers are unfamiliar with suspension setup and handling effects, these types of controls will always be relegated to speciality cars.

For us mere mortals that don't want to go the coilover route and reconfiguring suspension control modules to enhance and personalize our handling/ride, that leads to the relatively modest (but generally safe) mods of spring rates and spring length, swaybars, wheel offsets, and adjustable alignment components to "dial-in" our cars.

I'm not aware of any CTR suspension module damping tunes or overrides (other than disconnecting the adjustable settings to block the stiffest settings), leaving only the traditional spring, swaybar, and alignment tweaks.

I would be interested in reading any good references on suspension tuning the current gen CTR and what has worked best.
I've had a DSC controller on a 991.2 Carrera S with SPASM ("sports PASM" for the uninitiated). That car friggin needed it too. Made a world of difference and was probably far cheaper than even a budget spring/damper setup at $1200 (also trivial to install).

https://www.dscsport.com/

I'm sincerely hoping something like this comes around for the CTR/ITS. They have them for Mustangs for Christ's sake. They're actually quite local to me, I'll reach out and see if they have anything in the works they'll share with me.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
I've had a DSC controller on a 991.2 Carrera S with SPASM ("sports PASM" for the uninitiated). That car friggin needed it too. Made a world of difference and was probably far cheaper than even a budget spring/damper setup at $1200 (also trivial to install).

https://www.dscsport.com/

I'm sincerely hoping something like this comes around for the CTR/ITS. They have them for Mustangs for Christ's sake. They're actually quite local to me, I'll reach out and see if they have anything in the works they'll share with me.
Agree, added one to my 997.1 turbo and it dramatically changed the car. Also relased one for the Focus RS, but it was far less developed. Hoping someone does this for the CTR and ITS.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agree, added one to my 997.1 turbo and it dramatically changed the car. Also relased one for the Focus RS, but it was far less developed. Hoping someone does this for the CTR and ITS.
I'd imagine that the development limitation was probably stunted by the volume/fidelity of the data that the Focus RS system produces relative to Porsche's PASM. Or maybe there's just a lot more people buying DSC controllers for Porsches than Foci.