• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜06 Accord V6 6MT; ā€˜17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ā€˜24 ITS
This stellar article from Road and Track just makes me lust after this car even more. Driving impressions can't come soon enough. All it has to do is execute the fun factor as well as its twin brother! It has to be able to do that, right?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/a43412431/gr-corolla-civic-type-r-stole-my-heart/
Well they arenā€™t identical twins. One of the walkarounds said that Acura had communicated that Sport+ in the ITS was a little softer than +R in the Fl5. That gave me a sad lol. I wonder what the lateral acceleration will be in the ITS and what would need to be changed to make it as stiff as the Fl5.

Iā€™m trying to convince myself Iā€™m not ā€œsettlingā€œ with the ITS because Iā€™ve wanted a CTR for so long.

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
Iā€™m trying to convince myself Iā€™m not ā€œsettlingā€œ with the ITS because Iā€™ve wanted a CTR for so long.
unfortunately the fact that youā€™re trying to convince yourself sounds like you are šŸ˜¬Gotta make sure because buyers remorse sucks big time.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Well they arenā€™t identical twins. One of the walkarounds said that Acura had communicated that Sport+ in the ITS was a little softer than +R in the Fl5. That gave me a sad lol. I wonder what the lateral acceleration will be in the ITS and what would need to be changed to make it as stiff as the Fl5.

You could try the FL5 ADS to see if it firms it up for ya. Heck I'm sure some of the FL5 guys would be willing to trade since no one seems to like the +R mode suspension

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜06 Accord V6 6MT; ā€˜17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ā€˜24 ITS
unfortunately the fact that youā€™re trying to convince yourself sounds like you are šŸ˜¬Gotta make sure because buyers remorse sucks big time.
I think Iā€™ll be alright with the Integra, but the driving tests canā€™t come soon enough. Reality is Iā€™ve got one of the reserves headed to a dealer that has been communicative and repeatedly promised MSRP. Best deal Iā€™ve ever had in front of me for a CTR was 15k mark up.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Different strokes for different folks. I kept looking at the FL5 while waiting for the ITS and I felt I was settling if I bought the CTR. The plus R mode apparently isnā€™t even usable on a track unless itā€™s glass.

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
Uggh, I was trying to resist, I burnt my hand on the TI knob in my S2000 all summer... But it does look great!
A Honda dealer tech burned his hand when trying to park a CTR after it came off the delivery truck lol They had a towel with a rubber band on the shift knob

In my FK8 I would use these gloves on really hot days and to avoid sweat/oils on the suede wheel
1686273117656.jpeg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
You could try the FL5 ADS to see if it firms it up for ya. Heck I'm sure some of the FL5 guys would be willing to trade since no one seems to like the +R mode suspension
The plus R mode apparently isnā€™t even usable on a track unless itā€™s glass.
This is what I keep hearing. The +R suspension tuning was engineered to set a record at Suzuka, which as we all probably know is an F1 track and one of the most well-maintained surfaces in the world. I won't be driving on an F1 track very frequently (ever) so I'm perfectly fine for it not being completely identical to the CTR.

What I am still a little concerned about is the disconnect from Japan. The CTR seems to get most of its fanfare from the fact that it was a passion project from some incredibly talented engineers. Some of those little details that make the CTR great are not guaranteed to translate directly to the ITS, at least I haven't seen definitive evidence of that to date.

I'm not expecting Honda/Acura to cut corners on the driving dynamics, and actually some of the silly things like no Homelink, moonroof, memory seats etc. actually gives me a positive sense that they may have cut corners in other areas to make sure the drive was perfected- and personally I am perfectly ok with that.

But I think the most significant cause for concern is how BMW just completely mailed it in with their effort with the manual transmission on the G87 M2. What my worst-case scenario would look like is that Acura nailed the design, slapped the CTR drivetrain and suspension in and called it a day, and driving impressions come back with it lacking the "execution" that makes the CTR such a legend in the making. If some of my respected journalists start using phrases like "lacking character", "doesn't match the excitement", etc., that's what I don't want to hear. This thing has to bring an equivalent level of fun-to-drive and at least some considerable track competence and survivability for it to work for me, especially when you start factoring in the price point.

It doesn't feel like that's the case, with details like the functional underbody aero, brake vents, exhaust note, etc... but I'll stay skeptical until driving impressions are in.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

I think I know the comment you're referring to, they said something like "Sport + mode in the Type-S is more like Sport mode in the Type-R"... but take it with a grain of salt.

These guys are rushing content out as quick as they can, one even said the triple exhaust is a throwback to the original Integra (not accurate).

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
This is what I keep hearing. The +R suspension tuning was engineered to set a record at Suzuka, which as we all probably know is an F1 track and one of the most well-maintained surfaces in the world. I won't be driving on an F1 track very frequently (ever) so I'm perfectly fine for it not being completely identical to the CTR.

What I am still a little concerned about is the disconnect from Japan. The CTR seems to get most of its fanfare from the fact that it was a passion project from some incredibly talented engineers. Some of those little details that make the CTR great are not guaranteed to translate directly to the ITS, at least I haven't seen definitive evidence of that to date.

I'm not expecting Honda/Acura to cut corners on the driving dynamics, and actually some of the silly things like no Homelink, moonroof, memory seats etc. actually gives me a positive sense that they may have cut corners in other areas to make sure the drive was perfected- and personally I am perfectly ok with that.

But I think the most significant cause for concern is how BMW just completely mailed it in with their effort with the manual transmission on the G87 M2. What my worst-case scenario would look like is that Acura nailed the design, slapped the CTR drivetrain and suspension in and called it a day, and driving impressions come back with it lacking the "execution" that makes the CTR such a legend in the making. If some of my respected journalists start using phrases like "lacking character", "doesn't match the excitement", etc., that's what I don't want to hear. This thing has to bring an equivalent level of fun-to-drive and at least some considerable track competence and survivability for it to work for me, especially when you start factoring in the price point.

It doesn't feel like that's the case, with details like the functional underbody aero, brake vents, exhaust note, etc... but I'll stay skeptical until driving impressions are in.
Very well said...I'm in your camp too.

I'm not seeking a good looking car with the "halo" effect of the CTR but lacking very high levels of handling, power and overall driver satisfaction. If it can't provide a combination of exceptional performance and handling, I can buy a number of other cars that will. It is the blend of styling, uniqueness, manual, and the overall power and cornering that makes the " package" attractive. Whether the car has all of the drivers aids is meaningless if it minimizes the flexibility and enjoyment.

I owned a 2016 Focus RS-1, with virtually no options. It was one of my favorite cars and after a few minor tweaks ( tune, widened stance, lowering springs second gen rear shocks and swaybar) it was an exceptional backroad driver.

The challenge with the RS was that only the normal suspension setting was useable (sport suspension setting was extremely unforgiving and used less than 1% of the time), making it the same as a non-adjustable suspension. Granted tweaks were required to improve the "normal setting" but once completed it dramatically transformed the overall car. It was a unique product in which the development/mkting team that modified the car suspension from the planned magnetic shocks to 2 position pre-set damping. This was probably a cost issue but it compromised the stock car.

I have not driven the latest CTR, but based on everything I've read, it shares the same overly stiff suspension settings in the most aggressive setting as the RS.

I will never drive any of my cars on the track, but will fully exercise their capabilities in the mtns and backroads of East TN. Given the practicality and limitations of public roads, I would choose moderate damping with the option to change swaybars to achieve the right balance.

I'm hopeful that the ITS will provide that baseline, but also the flexibility for a competent street/performance car....the drivers aids and creature comforts are an added plus for an aging baby boomer with a passion for driving.

Last edited:

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z

Many of the engineers for the ITS worked on the original DC2 Type R.

Hicks2seven

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Tacoma, 2021 CTR
I mean....based on specs that have been presented at least the Type-S is faster than the CTR 0-60

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I mean....based on specs that have been presented at least the Type-S is faster than the CTR 0-60
If the 4.7 sec time is accurate vs 5.0 or 5.1 for the ctr, it must have quite a decent amount of extra torque in the low end. I wonder if it's true though. That would be surprising if true, they did rework the torque curve though so I wonder how the top end is.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
They claimed that they re-tuned the ITS for more mid-range torque.....but, yes, I'm concerned with the overall characteristics of the engine performance and I hope the top-end performance hasn't been compromised.

I'm looking forward to hearing the driving impressions.

Mike