• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
The Autopian article was a fantastic read just now (since I’m at work and can’t watch any vids yet). The writer went into great detail about the exhaust sounds and the accompanying emotional aspects of it, as well as how the stereo system noise-cancels out all the noise other than the music and the exhaust notes.

4ourth

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
The confirmation we were all waiting for from Savage Geese…open and shut. Type S better for daily driving and faster than Type R. Acura seems to have a winner on their hands, and the reviews will only make this thing harder to get fortunately/unfortunately.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Anyone know if we can find those technical slides shown in the savagegeese video anywhere? Lots of cool info, would love to dig more into that stuff!

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Anyone know what octane they tested/dyno'd on? Surprised how little anyone has talked about the 93 octane tune (unless I missed it).

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Anyone know what octane they tested/dyno'd on? Surprised how little anyone has talked about the 93 octane tune (unless I missed it).
Good question. The reviewer testing mentioned 91 was used while it supports 93 for the rated HP. Cali only has 91.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is that confirmed? Maybe I missed it, fingers crossed that's true. CA DOES have access to 93, it's just quite rare. I run 91 with 3 gallons of E85, which is very close (although E85 has less energy density).

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Surprisingly they actually answered my question! Sadly both cars were running 93 in the dyno test, so that's likely the reason the ITS had such large gains.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
As I'm reading these articles, especially the sections on torque delivery and suspension rings very very true.

I've owned a number of high performance cars including 4cyl turbo cars with AWD. My most recent car was a Ford Focus RS, which is one of my favorite backroad and mth driving cars bar none.

With that said the RS was positioned much like the CTR, and setup accordingly with stiff suspension and a good but not exceptional mid-range torque delivery. So the comments about the "softening" of the suspension settings (vs CTR) and modified torque/ power delivery rings true as what is needed for an exceptional "street - performance" car.

On my RS, a change in spring rates to better balance the front to rear bias setup was a big first step in improving bounce and pitching. Upgrading the shocks to the revised softer damping units from Ford dramatically improve ride, handling and compliance for aggressive street use. Tweaking the swaybars to a slightly stiffer setup, provided an increase in cornering grip that when combined with the other suspension changes drastically improved the overall capabilities and improved the "edgy" and harsh suspension.

I have speculated that Ford switched their 2 stage suspension from the planned magnetic dampers to a traditional setup they didn't go back and re-engineer the suspension balance. They chose a 2 position setup in which only the normal setting was viable for the street.

It appears that ITS has made the adjustments to the CTR suspension to improve "real world" driving experience and expanding the user range slightly re-biased to the street......great job!

The RS power delivery was odd and didn't seem to be consistant. It was later discovered that the ECU mapping had an elaborate algorithm that varied torque based on a wide range of inputs that created the inconsistencies and lack of enjoyment. The ITS appears to have a more conventional approach and favors low to mid- range torque plus provides a more responsive pedal response in the mid- range.....perfect for the street.

I'm very encouraged that Acura may have made a better street driving car out of the already successful CTR platform. That is the benefit of a "second" gen re-design with a specific user group in mind. Looking forward to a test drive.

Last edited:

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type Platinum Perlescent White
My understanding is that they dynoed both the cars with 93 octane. But this just confirms everything I experienced during my test drive. I'm definitely buying 1. I believe this car will do great as a straight line racer but still have the capabilities to take turns pretty fierce.

It's an amazing machine. Just hope it able to work out a reasonable price on mine.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Surprisingly they actually answered my question! Sadly both cars were running 93 in the dyno test, so that's likely the reason the ITS had such large gains.
Still cool that even if you don't have access to 93, you could add a couple gallons of 100 octane to your 91 and get 15ish extra hp.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I've watched all the ones I think I care to (still curious to hear the guys at Throttle House's take) and no one seems to mind the seats. The guys from Savagegeese didn't seem to be "sliding around" during their time on the track.

Clearly the bolstering is not "non-existent" like some early impressions implied.

I am somewhat curious to hear how fit and finish issues will be once people start taking deliveries. But I also think that much of it is being overblown. Yes, at $50k+ price point expectations will be high. But there are far more expensive cars out there, so I think some expectations need to drop a notch or two.

Also, the DC2 Type Rs in the Savagegeese video had some pretty obnoxious panel gap inconsistencies to my untrained eye. Maybe they're just being "true to the brand"? ;)

All in all I'm very glad to see that Acura appears to have executed wonderfully on this car and it solidifies my goal of buying one. Now I just hope my dealer doesn't get any bright ideas and honors our arrangement.

1687208726723.png

An underrated movie- I didn't say great, but definitely underrated.

Anyway- another thing that seems to never get brought up regarding price? Isn't the Acura warranty an extra year? How many thousands is that worth for an extended warranty? Gotta be 12-1500 at least, right?