• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Wow. Type S is faster in a drag race and matches the CTR on track lap times

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Thomas really went in on the seats though. Which, immediately after driving it on a tight, technical track like that- I'd probably feel the same way. But that's literally what buckets are for... track and not much else.

Really... the seats are the only tangible advantage I can see for the Type R for "on track performance". That is pretty much it. Worst case scenario, you map the suspension calibration to the Type R (or go aftermarket), and get better seats if you want to turn it into a track car.

Also there's a SEVERE caveat that the Throttle House guys in fairness often reference but I think needs to be beaten over the head of their viewers even more... just pay attention to their track. It is the bumpiest, most pothole-ridden scrap of pavement I've seen this side of an Aldi parking lot. It's not representative of most tracks that people are going to be taking their cars too... For reliable track metrics, I'd like to see Motor Trend send Randy Pobst through Streets of Willow or Laguna Seca or something like that rather than Thomas (good driver though he may be- he's not a pro) get bounced around through his Canadian basketball court.

To be clear, I love Throttle House, but part of the appeal is they're kind of just regular guys who are obsessive car enthusiasts. As such, their opinions shift and sway with the wind- especially Thomas. He changed his mind whether he prefers the Type R or the ITS at least 4 times that I counted DURING the interior impressions portion of the video. And then finished up by saying he'd prefer an Elantra N!

Love the channel. lol.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 TW Civic Si
Car and Driver:

Best 4-Door Sports Cars
Car and Driver's rankings are arrived at from the results of our extensive instrumented testing of more than 400 vehicles each year and from our expert editors' subjective impressions gained in real-world driving. We've ranked the Best 4-Door Sports Cars based on roughly 200 data points encompassing acceleration, handling, comfort, cargo space, fuel efficiency, value, and how enjoyable they are to drive. We take rankings seriously because we want you to know everything about the vehicles that you're interested in.

https://www.caranddriver.com/rankings/best-sports-cars/4-door