• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
dont really care about 0 to 60.
if you want that, buy a Tesla.
Figure 8 suggests it's just as planted and competent as CTR.

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
MotorTrend just released their First Test results.

MotorTrend
5.7s 0-60
14.2s @ 101.9mph

A little slower than expected in a straight line, though it matches the FL5 on the figure 8 course. Thoughts?
They did a live 0-60 in the Redline Reviews video and showed 5.3 with two people and some camera equipment in the car. I expect the official numbers to be even quicker. Joe Raiti said 4.8, but I don't know where he got that.

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
dont really care about 0 to 60.
if you want that, buy a Tesla.
Figure 8 suggests it's just as planted and competent as CTR.
It's true that this car is not expected to excel in 0-60 and that 0-60 is a silly metric to begin with. Just a bit surprising to see the gap in straight line performance vs a FL5 with the same hardware. However, given the two cars were tested on different days with different conditions, that could perhaps account for it.

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
It's true that this car is not expected to excel in 0-60 and that 0-60 is a silly metric to begin with. Just a bit surprising to see the gap in straight line performance vs a FL5 with the same hardware. However, given the two cars were tested on different days with different conditions, that could perhaps account for it.
ya i think so, if launched side by side with 2 similarly skilled drivers, I am sure the differencet between CTR and ITS is negligible.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

MotorTrend
5.7s 0-60
14.2s @ 101.9mph

A little slower than expected in a straight line, though it matches the FL5 on the figure 8 course. Thoughts?
Yeah, nothing to write home about in today's day and age, but no one should be buying this car for its drag-strip prowess.

That said, it just serves as a reminder just how fast that damn SR20DET 240SX I had was...and the importance of power-to-weight. I never had it dynoed, but it was a completely stock SR20 with just a few bolt-ons, and a boost controller set at 15PSI on my "high boost" setting. My guess would place it a bit north of 250 whp. That car went 13.5@114 if I recall correctly (I might be off on the trap speed...), with a 2.2 60'. Probably weighed 2100 lbs would be my guess... and it felt fast. Crazy that was so long ago... I sold it in 2007.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the step down in speed though. My 718 is blisteringly fast- faster than I even thought possible in anything short of "supercar" territory. I will miss that.

spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 IS350, 2019 TT Roadster, 2024 ITS
I have a tuned TT and after test driving the ITS, while slower in a straight line, it was so much more engaging.

I have driven a number of cars that were faster (Tesla, BMW, AMG), but the engagement from all of the inputs in the ITS is what quickly sold me on getting one.

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Yeah, nothing to write home about in today's day and age, but no one should be buying this car for its drag-strip prowess.

That said, it just serves as a reminder just how fast that damn SR20DET 240SX I had was...and the importance of power-to-weight. I never had it dynoed, but it was a completely stock SR20 with just a few bolt-ons, and a boost controller set at 15PSI on my "high boost" setting. My guess would place it a bit north of 250 whp. That car went 13.5@114 if I recall correctly (I might be off on the trap speed...), with a 2.2 60'. Probably weighed 2100 lbs would be my guess... and it felt fast. Crazy that was so long ago... I sold it in 2007.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the step down in speed though. My 718 is blisteringly fast- faster than I even thought possible in anything short of "supercar" territory. I will miss that.
Why are you getting rid of the 718? I've still got a deposit on a 718 GTS 4.0 that may never materialize, but curious on your thoughts.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Why are you getting rid of the 718? I've still got a deposit on a 718 GTS 4.0 that may never materialize, but curious on your thoughts.
Short answer- two kids in college, and my dog won't fit.

Longer answer (probably covered this in another post somewhere)- I've been through what seems an endless revolving door of cars the past several years, and am finding diminishing returns. Don't get me wrong- this 718 has been my favorite one yet (close second was a 991.2 C2S 7-speed...), but it's not practical for my use case and there's no way in hell I can justify keeping it as a 2nd car with two kids in college, so it's 98%* likely to be traded for the ITS when I get around to getting one (*that 2% is heavily weighted on some things shaking out financially to my benefit in the next two months or so...). Or I'd consider selling it privately if I could get close to MSRP for it (mine was ~$114k USD MSRP...). With rumor of some people paying ADMs for GTS 4.0 allocations it gives me some hope that's possible, but I just don't feel like going through the hassle of a private party sale right now, especially when I love the car so much. I'll lose a couple grand for the privilege of hanging on to it for a couple more months...

As for your deposit, you may want to go ahead and start considering used. I know as well as anyone that spec can make or break someone's experience with these cars, and it's cool to go through the process of ordering a new Porsche (at least the thought of it is...), but until Porsche confirms they will still be around after MY24 allocations are going to be incredibly hard to find. From what I hear, especially in Canada... there's a couple guys on the 718 boards that have been lamenting their allocation struggles for literal years- they did finally get their allocations but it doesn't bode well for anyone who doesn't have a confirmed build (i.e., V200 in Porsche allocation parlance). I don't think the absence of the GT4/Spyder is doing anyone any favors either... I think there's already strong evidence that folks who missed out on a GT4/Spyder are already trying to jump the line for GTS 4.0 allocations by paying these lofty ADMs because they had already probably committed to ADMs for their GT cars... just a theory though. But it makes sense.

Also the used 718 market is sort of in a lull at the moment, apparently for GTS 4.0 cars in particular. It makes me sad because it's bad timing for getting top dollar for mine, but you might be able to find one for probably less than your build would be, get a CPO warranty, and have your car right now. Worth a look, at least.

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Short answer- two kids in college, and my dog won't fit.

Longer answer (probably covered this in another post somewhere)- I've been through what seems an endless revolving door of cars the past several years, and am finding diminishing returns. Don't get me wrong- this 718 has been my favorite one yet (close second was a 991.2 C2S 7-speed...), but it's not practical for my use case and there's no way in hell I can justify keeping it as a 2nd car with two kids in college, so it's 98%* likely to be traded for the ITS when I get around to getting one (*that 2% is heavily weighted on some things shaking out financially to my benefit in the next two months or so...). Or I'd consider selling it privately if I could get close to MSRP for it (mine was ~$114k USD MSRP...). With rumor of some people paying ADMs for GTS 4.0 allocations it gives me some hope that's possible, but I just don't feel like going through the hassle of a private party sale right now, especially when I love the car so much. I'll lose a couple grand for the privilege of hanging on to it for a couple more months...

As for your deposit, you may want to go ahead and start considering used. I know as well as anyone that spec can make or break someone's experience with these cars, and it's cool to go through the process of ordering a new Porsche (at least the thought of it is...), but until Porsche confirms they will still be around after MY24 allocations are going to be incredibly hard to find. From what I hear, especially in Canada... there's a couple guys on the 718 boards that have been lamenting their allocation struggles for literal years- they did finally get their allocations but it doesn't bode well for anyone who doesn't have a confirmed build (i.e., V200 in Porsche allocation parlance). I don't think the absence of the GT4/Spyder is doing anyone any favors either... I think there's already strong evidence that folks who missed out on a GT4/Spyder are already trying to jump the line for GTS 4.0 allocations by paying these lofty ADMs because they had already probably committed to ADMs for their GT cars... just a theory though. But it makes sense.

Also the used 718 market is sort of in a lull at the moment, apparently for GTS 4.0 cars in particular. It makes me sad because it's bad timing for getting top dollar for mine, but you might be able to find one for probably less than your build would be, get a CPO warranty, and have your car right now. Worth a look, at least.
Thank you for the elaborate response. Appreciate the rationale you've put regarding your thought process.

At this point, l will most likely not pursue the Porsche allocation anymore. Not enough money/space for a 2nd fun car now that the ITS is in my garage.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI

MotorTrend
5.7s 0-60
14.2s @ 101.9mph

that doesn't sound right. My manual GTI has a apr s1 making about 300whp so same as the Teg and trapped 110mph.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Summary: Matt Maran isn't a reviewer that stands out, in my opinion, but it's nice that he occasionally partners with his wife (Beth) for a little unbiased feedback on some of the cars he reviews. That said, he had a lot of praise for the ITS, referring people several times to the SavageGeese review for in-depth details, but he ultimately said he'd choose the ITS over the CTR and suggested ITS production volume will only be slightly higher than that of the CTR. He even suggested this could be a collectible car down the line... which I'm admittedly skeptical about (it's his opinion/guess, and he's entitled to it), but I certainly wouldn't hate it!